First Impression---- RS Pike.- Mtbr.com
    [email protected] NYC Freerider

First Impression---- RS Pike.

Pike U-turn Air. After 1 ride, im very impressed with the forks peformance. Im Surprised how adjustable it is...I can set it up between Freeride and street in less then 30 seconds. this type of adjustability hits the spot in my type of riding since I also take my HT to Vanny and Mountain creek. Ill see how the fork holds up in the long run, but for now, its super schwwt.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Master_Jako
    Pike U-turn Air. After 1 ride, im very impressed with the forks peformance. Im Surprised how adjustable it is...I can set it up between Freeride and street in less then 30 seconds. this type of adjustability hits the spot in my type of riding since I also take my HT to Vanny and Mountain creek. Ill see how the fork holds up in the long run, but for now, its super schwwt.

that's real sweet. i'm about to pull the trigger on the 05 pike team coil with all the fixin's for $270 but it's red not black

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    whered you get a 426 AIR u turn.. i thought they only came in coil.....

mtbr member
    glad you like it. i love my 05 sl. i know what you mean, best adjustability i've scene in a SC fork. i am i little surprised you got air though instead of coil? and in response to what fiddy_ryder said, it's the 454 air if im not mistaken

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    RS' site is confusing when they list specs..the dont say whats available with what.. that being said.. it looks like it says 426 on the crown.. i did find one place online that lists a 426 air u turn.. .5 lb lighter than the coil.. I did order a 426, not sure if it is indeed the air or coil.. i would actually prefer coil though..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiddy_ryder
    RS' site is confusing when they list specs..the dont say whats available with what.. that being said.. it looks like it says 426 on the crown.. i did find one place online that lists a 426 air u turn.. .5 lb lighter than the coil.. I did order a 426, not sure if it is indeed the air or coil.. i would actually prefer coil though..

it IS confusing...looks like you can get either 454, 426 or the other one in either spring, air, or dual air...but as far as i'm concerned it's easy, i just get the one with coil and i'm all set...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by misctwo
    it IS confusing...looks like you can get either 454, 426 or the other one in either spring, air, or dual air...but as far as i'm concerned it's easy, i just get the one with coil and i'm all set...
    You can, the 454 has Alum steerer, 426 steel.

I've had my Pike 454 for a few months now, and its held up to pretty agressive stuff both urban & lite freeride. I've done 3' to flats around town and 4-5' to tranny no problem, and it could take more. Its me that isn't ready!

Jw
    Beer has food value. Food has no beer value.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Biker75
    You can, the 454 has Alum steerer, 426 steel.

I've had my Pike 454 for a few months now, and its held up to pretty agressive stuff both urban & lite freeride. I've done 3' to flats around town and 4-5' to tranny no problem, and it could take more. Its me that isn't ready!

Jw

cool..anyway M_Jako's bike looks pretty tight, deserves a 'fun' reward...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Schmeow Productions
    sweet! i just wish the adjuster knobs would clear on mine.... but it should soon when i order a race.

kona-tize me captain
    looks real nice man, glad to hear u like it
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

[email protected] NYC Freerider
    two of my friends have snapped the pikes with the aluminum steerer's which i learnt are the 425 versions. they replaced them with 426's and had zero problems. My fork is indeed a 426 U-turn Air.

I actually didnt do my HW on these forks so I basicly bought it on account of what my friends were telling me and it eneded up I made the right choice to buy.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    whats the best deal any 1 has found on a Pike 454 dual air? I am looking into 1 for my heckler

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bighitboy
    whats the best deal any 1 has found on a Pike 454 dual air? I am looking into 1 for my heckler

$599.

http://www.blueskycycling.com/view_product.php?pid=1646

try will @ fullcycles.com too...

pwn3rator
    sick...
    SOCAL UNION REPREZENT
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    does it still qualify as a mountainbike?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    I've beat beer cans on my limp pee pee.

Members who have read this thread: 0