First experience and last word on Mission Control- Mtbr.com
    No Fear

First experience and last word on Mission Control

It was the first Mission Control I ever opened up….and think it was the first one in Iran to be opened up ….Since they are so new none of them have faced any issues….

The problem I got into with this 09 Totem….was that I needed to change all the adjustment knobs…..Had no problem with none except the low speed retention bolt..

It had no hole in it….for the flood gate adjust ( hex 2.5 ) to be accessible from the top…. So I drilled it out my self……
    The question is : Why didn’t it have the hole ? Was the bolt maybe for another damper with no flood gate ?

Also some other questions

What does that flood gate do precisely ? Whether if I have opened up the little adjustment full or closed it up ….no matter as I turn it on ( by pushing in and turning the low speed knob ) the forks locks out ……Should it be so ?

And the last word I have to say about Mission control is that : I love it on the trail ….for eliminating all bob …absolutely no unwanted free play…even some times I think its not traveling !!

But really do hate it in the workshop….least serviceable parts….so many tiny details….that can be damaged with ease if not enough attention and precision is given to the work…..

And in case of damage in the workshop or on the trail…least hand modifications can be done……you would have to replace all the compressive unit…….Havnt had the opportunity to take a look at the rebound rod…..but…..I think this is an approach to what vehicles have came into today….

No user serviceable parts…..or even further ….no serviceable or fixable things…..just silly replacements…….And that is the reason for my hate……I love to observe on hydraulic circuits and discover their issues…..then find my own solutions ( with the help of MTBR forums !! indeed ) …..

But everything is going toward silliness more and more …..You don’t come into need of thinking…..nor finding solutions not even practicing you mechanical skills on the job…..

Just a simple’ rude’ replacement with not even a tickle in the mind……

Dislike this….so much this generation would kill all the love in mechanics….and turn the love into net. Skills…..teachable skills not valuable type of self earning skills….

I even didnt get intrested to open up the low & high speed and the floof gate apart....!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by SABER_MTB
    What does that flood gate do precisely ? Whether if I have opened up the little adjustment full or closed it up ….no matter as I turn it on ( by pushing in and turning the low speed knob ) the forks locks out ……Should it be so ?

Basically from what I understand , the Mission Control is sort of a lock out in a way. Its a threshold on the floodgate that makes it stiff until you give it a big enough hit to bypass the threshold and the fork becomes active again. So it basically stiffens it up until you really need the travel. I havent really used it much on my Totem. I feel I like a more lively fork under me. I've heard of people removing the floodgate completely, and it is supposed to make the fork feel better.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    yeah theres video on how to remove the flood gate... change in performance is very noticeable... I no longer use it.

No Fear
    really !!! have any link on MTBR to show it illustrated ?

Nucking Futs
    Here you go

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/technic...-mod-2010.html

Easy as ever and noticable improvement.
    Amplify Your ®ide!

Spitfire Amp Scythe

Members who have read this thread: 0