Finaly bought my new rig for 2007-2008 season- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2007

Finaly bought my new rig for 2007-2008 season

here we go !

Only thing if someone can help me out, i have problem twisting my bottom out cap on the DHX 5.0 AIR .. if someone can help me out do i need a special key ?

-Frank

By the way thanks guy for all the help in the other thread !

Bottlerockin'
    Stick an allen wrench in one of the many holes along the perimeter of that knob for some leverage in order to twist it. You'll get what I'm saying once you look at the knob. Anyway...nice looking rig!

moaaar shimz
    That is hot

mtbr member
    May 2007
    by the way since i bought this bike cheap .. if anybody from USA that want it and are willing to make me an "intelligent" offer .. i might sell it ... its retailed here in Canada around 7000 $ for sure ill make it cheaper for one of you guys ! but i hope nobody gonna give me a good offer so i can ride this monster ! coiler thanks a lot !

a tight kick sound
    Dude, sick bike!!!
    DO NOT Jam anything into the many holes surrounding the bottom out adjuster for "leverage!"
    Those have screws in them to keep the adjuster from twisting unwantingly. Unscrew these set screws to be able to turn the bottom out adjuster! Furthermore, do not turn the adjuster knob itself unless the pressure in the bottom out chamber is less than 125psi.

Can you get us any better pics, that bike is hawwwwt!

mtbr member
    May 2007
    yeah i could like tomorow .. what kind of pics you want ?? like you want me to take a pics of the crankset ? derailleur .. ? i can take a pics of that sexy front fork for sure !

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    once you get an itch to put some more money on it, check out the new line of white syncros components, particularly the bar and pedals....now that'd be freakin' sweet. nice bike!

mtbr member
    May 2007
    yeah i saw these handlebars the other day .. but i like how the bike look at the moment .. to be honnest its even better looking in real life .. cant wait to ride it ! omg !

mtbr member
    why cant i see it?

mtbr member
    May 2007
    idk it work here ..

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I'll buy it for $1000

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by coiler8
    Stick an allen wrench in one of the many holes along the perimeter of that knob for some leverage in order to twist it. You'll get what I'm saying once you look at the knob. Anyway...nice looking rig!
    you can also just let the air out of the boost and it turns mad easy. Keep in mind that the bottom out adj. is made of light light aluminum and you could really really easily muck one of the holes up. Use an allen key that is the tightest fit as possible.

Bottlerockin'
    Quote Originally Posted by boone
    DO NOT Jam anything into the many holes surrounding the bottom out adjuster for "leverage!"
    Those have screws in them to keep the adjuster from twisting unwantingly. Unscrew these set screws to be able to turn the bottom out adjuster! Furthermore, do not turn the adjuster knob itself unless the pressure in the bottom out chamber is less than 125psi.
    I guess I was wrong...

a tight kick sound
    Yeah, any pics of the frame and the links would be killer.
    Just hard to see how cool that frame really is in those pics!!

mtbr member
    May 2007
    ah that's bad its getting dark right here .. but for sure 2morow ill send new pics of the frameset, i dont want to take "nights" pics .. its gonna be useless ! but keep posting the great comment ! Thanks a lot, i'm very happy and i cant wait to ride this !

a tight kick sound
    Is there a web page we can go to check this thing out? Geo and such?

tanks!

-> SickLines.com <-
    Let most of the air pressure out. It will turn real easy then. Make sure to pump it back up before sitting/compressing the shock(or do not let it go below the minimum threshold). Keep in mind the psi minimum is once the boost valve is fully open. Once you begin to turn it, the pressure inside changes.

mtbr member
    May 2007

Glad to Be Alive
    let the air out of shock...then use an allen wrench to turn the knob
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

a tight kick sound
    Cool thanks!
    So...what is the story in the USA? Can we not get these things here? Does it go against some patent or something?

Anyone got any good info? Tire clearance in rear, bearing life, customer service in USA?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    Already been said

mtbr member
    weird how they spec'd an air shock but not an air fork
    Pinn'it Ya Fairy!
    -unknown genius

Disco-Superfly
    wanna be friends?
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    i'm at job right now, ill get some pics later today, for the front fork, its the not the normal 888 , its basicly just the casing of the 888 with the intern of a 40 RC2 (typicly the same), make it weight at 6.48 lbs if i remember correctly.. its a special kit, mojo ? or something i got find the name.. ill try to get it by 2night !

mtbr member
    Dude, sick bike!!!

Can you get us any better pics, that bike is hawwwwt!
    You have absolutely no idea what your talking about. First, it says in the manual to use an allen key. if you don't believe me, then take a look for yourself. Second, only 2 of the holes have screws. the others are just holes machined for the exact use of turning the bottom out adjuster with an allen key. Third, the screws do nothing to keep the bottomout adjuster from turning itself, they merely just hold the blue aluminum knob on the the end of the piggy back, where it acts as a hexagonal tool that tuns the bottom out adjuster that is underneath the blue cap. The blue end cap can be taken off with the TWO screws in the case that grit has worked itself underneath the cap and makes turning of the adjuster difficult. Furthermore, loosening the TWO screws does nothing in the aid of turning the bottom out adjust, just allows the blue cap to be removed.

You obviously don't own a DHX series shock. Know what your talking about before you go off and spout off at the mouth, it'll keep you from sounding like a retard.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    ok thanks man .. but dont start a fight over this thought ... lets keep this thread clean ! ill try too tune my shock a bit tonight .. its so hard to do on this bike ... there is like a bashguard that i need to remove so i can tune it

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Alright just finish working, you guys wanted more pictures, here they are !

Enjoy ! thanks for all the good comments !

-Frank

a tight kick sound
    Quote Originally Posted by dowst
    You have absolutely no idea what your talking about. First, it says in the manual to use an allen key. if you don't believe me, then take a look for yourself. Second, only 2 of the holes have screws. the others are just holes machined for the exact use of turning the bottom out adjuster with an allen key. Third, the screws do nothing to keep the bottomout adjuster from turning itself, they merely just hold the blue aluminum knob on the the end of the piggy back, where it acts as a hexagonal tool that tuns the bottom out adjuster that is underneath the blue cap. The blue end cap can be taken off with the TWO screws in the case that grit has worked itself underneath the cap and makes turning of the adjuster difficult. Furthermore, loosening the TWO screws does nothing in the aid of turning the bottom out adjust, just allows the blue cap to be removed.

You obviously don't own a DHX series shock. Know what your talking about before you go off and spout off at the mouth, it'll keep you from sounding like a retard.
    Wow...... Yup the 4 that I have at home right now = not owning a dhx shock. All I was trying to do was keep the guy from wrenching the bottom out adjuster when it should turn fairly easily if done properly. No need to cause damage when it can be circumvented easily. I was not trying to be a dick or retarded as you say. If it came across that way I apologize.

Damn, now go back on your meds will ya...it's the web for sh1t sakes man!
    Last edited by boone; 08-22-2007 at 03:15 PM.

a tight kick sound
    Super stuff man!!
    Thanks for the extra pics, that is one tight bike

Way to go.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    by the way i was looking to go for a good 2 weeks during christmas vacation to a trip down USA for DH riding .. you guys have any suggestion ?

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    SMT would know. He made a big deal about how the DHX sucks because he couldn't turn the knob. He was quickly set on the right path.

Peace Coast Style
    Looks like a mix of the new V-10 and a Glory DH. Pretty in white though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Internal14
    Ever slip a pedal and slam into the seat? That little thing would disappear until I later got to the ER.

mtbr member
    Not available in us because of the santa suspension patent(to broad imho cuz here it's the other way around).

Anyway sweet bike, even sweeter in real life. Still waiting to ride mine(broken arm (2-4 weeks left) got mine week ago)

And wizard whats with that fox40 stuff? Looks like you've got the same parts as me (stock) and it should be normal rc2x, or am I wrong?

ps. First bike I know with rear disc protector. Great idea. https://photo.pinkbike.com/photo/117...pic1173433.jpg

mtbr member
    Wow...... Yup the 4 that I have at home right now = not owning a dhx shock. All I was trying to do was keep the guy from wrenching the bottom out adjuster when it should turn fairly easily if done properly. No need to cause damage when it can be circumvented easily. I was not trying to be a dick or retarded as you say. If it came across that way I apologize.

Damn, now go back on your meds will ya...it's the web for sh1t sakes man!
    Word up!!! Someone needs a chill pill.
    Extracting stings from wasps in flight.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    yeah norbar its the same spec .. but as you can see our bikes comes with a 888 rc2x VA which is basicly the same intern than the 40 RC2 and this 888 is mostly only a 888 by his casing, it has been developed by Cedric Gracia and fabien for racing use only during the last season, basicly they said to Marzo: "Ok guys watch the 40RC2.. we like that system just put the same thing in this suspension and its gonna be a super race fork", it weight the same as the Fox 40 RC2... if i could describe it better... i'm pretty sure you would understand the patern... but at least ive try :P

mtbr member
    Ah you meant that, head there are similar but that's new, good to know. Thx

"Its All Good"
    that is a fine looking bike, very well spec'd bike.

be keen to hear how this puppy rides etc....

Frame : ALU 7005 MULTIBUTTED, FPS2
    Shock absorber : FOX DH AIR, 241mm, COURSE 76mm
    Fork : MARZOCCHI 888RC2X VA
    Headset : RITCHEY PRO SEMI-INTEGRE
    Bottom Bracket : -
    Crankset : SHIMANO SAINT 40 DTS
    Stem : MARZOCCHI INTEGREE 53 MM
    Seatpost : EASTON HAVOC 31,6x350
    Handlebars : EASTON MONKEYLITE DH
    Rear derailleur : SRAM X0 9V
    Brakes : FORMULA ORO 24K 200/200
    Shifters : SRAM NEW TRIGGER X9
    Saddle : FIZIK GOBI
    Wheel : Moyeux : SYNCROS FACTORY AXE 20 MM/AXE 12X150 MM
    Jantes : MAVIC EX823 DISC 32 T
    Sprocket : SRAM PG-970 11X32
    Tires : HUTCHINSON BARRACUDA UST 26X2,5 MRC MEDIUM / MRC LOW
    Weight : 18.5 Kg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    For once it pays to be in europe cuz we got much better price on this one.

mtbr member
    beautiful bike. how do the rear der cable route? from the pic it looks to cross the bb shell near the linkage. can you run a full housing?

bike is spec's pretty amazing to say the least

mtbr member
    May 2007
    the real test gonna be this sunday !.. can't wait

not really a noob
    sicknasty
    I HATE WORK, WORK IS BAD, WORK = NO BIKE, NO BIKE = NO GOOD

Members who have read this thread: 0