Finally Upgradded! (two d's for an extra dose of pimp game)- Mtbr.com
    If you think you can

Finally Upgradded! (two d's for an extra dose of pimp game)

An 06 Iron horse 7point7. I just got done with my first ride on it, and it works lovely. It is a nice upgrade from my last bike. It has a 66rc2x, dhx 5.0, saint brakes, hubs, and shifters, fsa gap cranks, crank brothers 50/50 pedals, and fr 6.1 rims.
    Attached Images Attached Images

clyde in training
    now you are just going to have to change your name

Capricious youth...
    The 2006 7point7 build spec. was the best Iron Horse ever did, in my honest opinion.

The Marz fork up front, DHX Coil out back, Saint brakes, all top notch. The only thing I don't like, and never will like (on any bike), is the bolt on derailleur. I'm not a fan.

But dude, you will definitely love this bike. I've been loving my 7point for two years now.

On a side note, you might find that those tires suck in super dry conditions. But for muddy conditions, they're awesome.

And finding the proper spring to your body weight is KEY for DW-Link suspension. It's as simple as that. I rode a 450# spring, then a 400 and then a 350. They were all good, but when I picked up a 325, I realized it was perfect (I'm 165 pounds with gear).

Meh.

If you think you can
    Ya, how do you change your name. I couldnt find the option in the control panel.
    And prettym1k3, I agree. There is a 300 spring on there right now, and i know it is way to soft for me. i'm 180 without gear. I think i may just call up iron horse and see what they suggest. Also, is your spring a 3.24 also? That seems like an odd size.

If you think you can
    Oh ya, why don't you like the bolt on derailer? I have had so many derailers and hangers break, this seemed like it would be pretty burly and solve those problems. And it seems to shift pretty well too.

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 08nwsula
    now you are just going to have to change your name
    Maybe he likes the coffee and he drinks 62 cups a day?

Bike Ninja |||
    Quote Originally Posted by 62kona
    Oh ya, why don't you like the bolt on derailer? I have had so many derailers and hangers break, this seemed like it would be pretty burly and solve those problems. And it seems to shift pretty well too.

I don't like them because they are a b!tch and a half when it comes to wheel removal / installation.

AND

When introduced to a blunt impact such as a rock, you end up smashing the derailleur instead of breaking a hanger. ($70+ part, vs. $20 part)
    Proud to represent Mojo Wheels.

mtbr member
    nice bike
    lets see some ride pics

N* Bomber Crew
    Those are some sick upgrades, but 6.1D's are not pimp game. See term "Flat Spot Game".
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

If you think you can
    Lol. Ya, that's actually what I've heard. I'm thinking that when they get bad enough I could have some 823's laced up to the saints mabey.

If you think you can
    Quote Originally Posted by Khemical
    Maybe he likes the coffee and he drinks 62 cups a day?

Capricious youth...
    62Kona, the bolt on derailleurs are a pain. But I'll give you this: 7point derailleur hangers are cheap pieces of garbage. Hence why I just ordered 4 of them. One to replace the broken one, and three as extras. So, the bolt-on derailleur should solve that problem. But now you risk breaking that derailleur, a pricey piece of equipment, versus a $20 hanger.

The 325# spring I have was designed for 5th Element shocks, I believe. But it works just fine!

On a side note, I think I have a 400# DHX spring laying around. That should be right up your alley, and I'll let you have it for cheap.

-Mike
    Meh.

Glad to Be Alive
    sweet bike.....
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

If you think you can
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettym1k3
    62Kona, the bolt on derailleurs are a pain. But I'll give you this: 7point derailleur hangers are cheap pieces of garbage. Hence why I just ordered 4 of them. One to replace the broken one, and three as extras. So, the bolt-on derailleur should solve that problem. But now you risk breaking that derailleur, a pricey piece of equipment, versus a $20 hanger.

The 325# spring I have was designed for 5th Element shocks, I believe. But it works just fine!

On a side note, I think I have a 400# DHX spring laying around. That should be right up your alley, and I'll let you have it for cheap.

-Mike
    well mabey i'll pick up an extra derailer. i think it was price point that has them on sale for $20.
    i wish i would have read this earlier. I just ordered a #400 from fox a few hours ago. Thanks though.

Members who have read this thread: 0