Is this a fair deal?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Is this a fair deal?

Hey I just recently bought a K2 Tirade 5 from ebay, most of the bike was put together and I finished the rest, but the disc brakes and deraillers are a little off, this bike shop said they would charge me 50bucks to realign the brakes and deraillers, and tweak everything else for me, is that a good deal?? BTW where is the cheapest place to get a hitch mounted bike rack?

l337 |31k3r
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard85
    Hey I just recently bought a K2 Tirade 5 from ebay, most of the bike was put together and I finished the rest, but the disc brakes and deraillers are a little off, this bike shop said they would charge me 50bucks to realign the brakes and deraillers, and tweak everything else for me, is that a good deal?? BTW where is the cheapest place to get a hitch mounted bike rack?
    I dont feel like looking into the rack....but as to the 50 bucks. If you do not know how to do it.....its a great deal. They will get everything on the bike working as smooth as melted butter (if possible with your current equipment)

My old employer charged $50 and I made most bikes run as good as new there.
    People call me a dick, but I just think im clever.

Honary member of the
    591 club & 773 club.

Quote Originally Posted by Zedro
    what he meant was 'greaser' types, most likely performing choreographed musical outakes which somehow degrade dirt jumps...

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Gramatica
    I dont feel like looking into the rack....but as to the 50 bucks. If you do not know how to do it.....its a great deal. They will get everything on the bike working as smooth as melted butter (if possible with your current equipment)

My old employer charged $50 and I made most bikes run as good as new there.

it is new, BTW, how did you learn so much on how to fix bikes?

Uhhhhh...
    Hmm practice and Zinns Art of Bike Maintence. Search the web and you'll find all the info you'll ever need to know.

-TS
    Fayetteville, AR and N.W.A RePrEsEnT

l337 |31k3r
    Get thrown in. Even with little to no knowledge....if you get in good with a LBS owner, and hes willing....get a job there.......

In the spring, I have plans on going to either Barnett Bicycle Institute or United Bicycle Institute....Get all certifies up in this here hizzy....

BTW...does anyone have any opinions on which is more credible/where I will learn more?

Jm/Anyone with power at a LBS...what would you like to have better a BBI certified worker, or a UBI certified worker?
    People call me a dick, but I just think im clever.

Honary member of the
    591 club & 773 club.

Quote Originally Posted by Zedro
    what he meant was 'greaser' types, most likely performing choreographed musical outakes which somehow degrade dirt jumps...

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    that's a fine deal if you don't know how to do it.
    go for it.

where's the kick stand?
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Gramatica
    Get thrown in. Even with little to no knowledge....if you get in good with a LBS owner, and hes willing....get a job there.......

In the spring, I have plans on going to either Barnett Bicycle Institute or United Bicycle Institute....Get all certifies up in this here hizzy....

BTW...does anyone have any opinions on which is more credible/where I will learn more?

Jm/Anyone with power at a LBS...what would you like to have better a BBI certified worker, or a UBI certified worker?
    My bro went to UBI and got certified in some things, (wheel builder, mechanic, bike assembler, etc.) he loved it, and said there is awesome riding up there.
    live to ride, ride to live

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell