F&R Shock settings for jumping....- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

F&R Shock settings for jumping....

So the last thing I remember when I was coming off a big table top jump at Whistler was the front wheel hitting the ground first and collapsing under me as it twisted upon landing......

Prior to that I was jumping fine, but I was not killing it like I decided to do on my last day there. Needless to say, my day did not last too long.

I am wondering if my shock was set-up too soft and that was the reason that it pushed the rear end up too high on takeoff?? Since I don't go to bike parks too often, I have never had the chance to experiment with the bike setting to see if it makes a difference.

mtbr member
    If your rear end is jumping up when you take off you might have your re-bound set up to high.

When setting up a bike for jumping I prefer to the compression set up stiffer than I would normally. If you have use your bike for a little bit of everything, like I do, It is all about finding a compromise between what feels good on the jumps and what feels good on the trail. It is very possible to get the fork and shock set up so that they will perform well in both scenarios.
    Waitin on the weekend

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    A lot of things are going on when you jump. It might not have had anything to do with the shock. A softer shock will suck up the lip more and pop less, so that probably wasn't it. Play around with your settings anyways just to get a feel for them... see what those things are actually doing.

Members who have read this thread: 0