Are the extras worth the extra $$$?- Mtbr.com
    Teh Original Dirt Muffin
    Jul 2005

The extra... tralala Whooo 888 !!!

Alright, I know it's a week or two since I said I would order my fork, but it is taking forever for these retards to get the prices ready, I have been kinda haggling so idk they are thinking too much, anyways. I am faced with the decision of either getting an Marzocchi 888 07' RCV which only has compression and rebound adjust or the Marzocchi 888 07' RC2X VA which these adjustments + extra bottom out adjustments. I can get the RCV 200-300$ cheaper, and I ask you which fork would be better to invest in? Are the bottom out adjustments worth the extra dough? I think that some of these forks have a bottom out spacer, (is this true?) so I'm kinda wondering if it is worth the extra money. Would I have any other pluses with the RCX2 VA besides bottom protection, would it last longer? Inform me please. Oh yeah, it's for all around freeride, drops, gaps, and some DH.

Thanks and please let me know a.s.a.p, I really need your help. Tommorow it goes on order.

Shredder111
    Last edited by shredder111; 02-21-2007 at 12:47 PM.

Teh Original Dirt Muffin
    Jul 2005
    Comon people I only got 9-10 hours before I go to the bike shop please help ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Get the RC2X!! If you get the RCV you will be living you biking life in regret, never knowing what the supposedly better RC2X felt like.

General Rabble-Rouser
    the VA will help you should you have to climb

I'd just spend the few bucks extra, you won't regret *not* getting the extra features

...abuse these forks.
    the VA (volume adjust) sounds like a really awesome feature. it does the same thing as changing to heavier oil or putting more in to adapt to different conditions. i think it would be worth the extra scratch.

Bum Buzzer
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtydownhill
    the VA (volume adjust) sounds like a really awesome feature. it does the same thing as changing to heavier oil or putting more in to adapt to different conditions. i think it would be worth the extra scratch.
    The VA adjusts the chamber volume - it will not have any impact on the damping in that respect (EG - compared to changing oil weight.)

It can provide a degree of preload, but a corresponding spike in the end of stroke spring curve do to the decreased air volume (akin to raising the oil LEVEL, but not changing viscocity.)

Combined with the 2 compression adjusts, there isnt much use in oil wight changes or trying to tune the fork with oil height!!

Paul looking at Zachs ass
    i think the extra adjustments would be good but if you dont know how to tune them it would take a long while for you to get it dialed in perfect
    i would go the extra hundred

BFLO

Teh Original Dirt Muffin
    Jul 2005
    Well guys, I have to say THANK YOU Jeysus! I just ordered my 07' Marzocchi RCX2 VA and ended up haggling the guy down so I saved some 70-80 bucks!!!!! It is on it's way and should be here in the next few days, I will post pics soon. The build should be sick, I also bought some husselfelts for cheap and ordere a rear derailleur SRAM X.7=) Ohh, I better go, I just scat myself.

YAYYYYYYYYYYYY I'm going to make enchilladas now cause I'm hungry.
    Last edited by shredder111; 02-22-2007 at 10:03 AM.

Members who have read this thread: 0