Enduro SX Trail - A question of size...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Enduro SX Trail - A question of size...

Well, it seems everyone is getting a one size smaller for the SX trail? I'm 5.7", on the border line of Small or Medium frame size.

For XC / FR I've always got for medium, but I'm being recommended to go for a small SX...any thoughts...any SX riders out there with an opinion?

Going to buy the frame this weekend.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Hi

I say it depends on your riding style, iīm 5.7 too.
    I would always go for a small frame when iīm on the border between two sizes.
    The smaller the bike the more agility you have and the SX Trail is a fun FR bike.
    You will like it in small size itīs easier to handle on drops and jumps and the wheelbase is still long enough for fast DH.
    If you want to go for epic XC rides i would get an spec enduro.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    I'm on the border of the XL and the L. For an SX Trail, I'd go with an L way before the XL. With the kind of riding the bike is designed for, you want it to be reasonably compact, but not uncomfortably so. If you can ride the S without it feeling like a clown bike, then go with the S. You can adjust the feel of the bike by swapping stems too. Makes a HUGE difference. Short stem for aggro riding, longer for more XC or trail use.
    -Skimming the successpool of corporate America-

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Oh, this is purely FR...maybe a little DH. I've ridden my mates Enduro Elite in a medium and it felt fine.

I think, I will be going for a small...just wanted some opinions.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Small it is then...thanks!

Glad to Be Alive
    nice rule

more FR/DH smaller frame
    more XC bigger frame
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    just thought i would add that im 6' and i have a medium sx trail and it feels just right

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Ah, now I've taken a medium for a ride yesterday and it felt good...my mate at the LBS reckons thats the size I should go for...he's a FRider as well...bit confused now.

Hey I like the rule though! I think I need to do some more research.

Cheers,
    Mark

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    So what did you do with the medium sized bike?
    Rolling around, or did you do some big stuff?
    You canīt tell anything about a bike until you ride under real conditions.
    I once made a bad decision about a frame size, i bought a frame in medium because a bikedealer said it will fit me perfect.
    Totally regretted this decision after a couple of bikepark visits.
    Donīt always trust these bikeshop rats, they want to sell a bike, and if they have a medium frame in stock...
    The facts speak for a small frame i guess.
    As i speak for me...

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Well, just rolling around...the thing is, its my mate that works at the LBS and I'm not buying the bike from them and he knows it!

I am still seariouly considering the small.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    For me, the XL feels great in the parking lot tests. As soon as the going gets rough, you want a more compact bike. The smaller size makes it so much easier to get your weight over the back wheel. Too long a bike, and you'll never get the quick weight transfer you need for drops and such. A trail bike that is fit to you perfectly can be a liabilty in a FR/DH situation. A FR/DH bike that fits you perfectly will feel a bit cramped on the trail. You are at the perfect point to go with the samller frame and swap stems to find that perfect balance. 20mm (which is to say the difference between a 50mm and 70 mm stem) sounds like nothing, but can totally alter the feel of a bike.
    -Skimming the successpool of corporate America-

Members who have read this thread: 0