"The Ellsworthian Experience" Comon Now!!!!!!!- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. #1
    Teh Original Dirt Muffin
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    768

    "The Ellsworthian Experience" Comon Now!!!!!!!

    Hey,

    What is all this negative talk I am hearing about Ellsworth with terms like "lessworth" or that the company isn't dependable? I have been looking at their 06' Chaos frame and I like what I am seeing for a single pivot, it looks straight up sweet! Bender rides a Joker and I have seen many other pros using different models like the Truth in some hardcore freeriding. What is the true scoop on Ellsworth and why are they considered to be a crappy company? They make custom bikes which seem good with quality. Are there strength issues? What's the scoop?



    Shredder111

  2. #2
    Teh Original Dirt Muffin
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    768
    Yes, thats the second one I've heard. Someone used the term "lessworth" in one of my threads so I win the battle. Now some others who have credible answers write back

    Shredder111

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 006_007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,130

  4. #4
    Pain Is A State Of Mind
    Reputation: free-rider_down-hiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,275
    Term is "ELLSWORTHLESS"
    The more you know....Cause knowing is half the battle.....GI JOEEE!!!
    Opportunity awaits those that are worthy....
    Photamagrapher---http://gallery.photographyreview.com...&ppuser=244688

  5. #5
    Teh Original Dirt Muffin
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    768
    Uh, who TF is TE? More details for people like me who don't know a hoot about this current situation please.....?


    Shredder111

  6. #6
    Just another FOC'er
    Reputation: .Danno.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,222
    Does the Chaos really exist?

    4 out of 4 friends of mine who owned Jokers ended up having them break. 3 of them broke both the front and rear triangles at different times. I could only imagine how long that bike would last Bender.

  7. #7
    Meh.
    Reputation: XSL_WiLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    17,508
    Poor construction. You'd think for such an exclusive frame they'd atleast ream the headtube and seattube. But no...

  8. #8
    moaaar shimz
    Reputation: tacubaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,117
    Quote Originally Posted by shredder111
    YIPES!!!!!! That is some shockingly scary information I besta stay with Cruz Just wondering IMO, LOL, LMAO, LMFAO Lolly lops, lolzards, lanky links, lonkin zonkers.

    Shredder111
    Right...

  9. #9
    Teh Original Dirt Muffin
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    768
    YIPES!!!!!! That is some shockingly scary information I besta stay with Cruz Just wondering IMO, LOL, LMAO, LMFAO Lolly lops, lolzards, lanky links, lonkin zonkers.

    Shredder111

  10. #10
    Disco-Superfly
    Reputation: Jake_HT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    4,850
    TE: tony ellsworth (ellsworth bikes )
    DT: Dave Turner (Turner Bikes )

    lets start with marketing BS, sh1tty warranty, JACKED prices, crappy crapola quality.... blah blah


    that conversation thing was good
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

  11. #11
    Just another FOC'er
    Reputation: .Danno.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,222
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    TE: tony ellsworth (ellsworth bikes )
    DT: Dave Turner (Turner Bikes )

    lets start with marketing BS, sh1tty warranty, JACKED prices, crappy crapola quality.... blah blah
    Surprisingly, all four of my friends that broken their Jokers got replacement frames/swingarms no charge. Their experience with Ells CS was good, very odd. Unfortunately, one friend has a a large Joker on which he had broken the swingarm and then later the front triangle. He got a replacement swingarm, but when the frame broke there were no more large Joker parts left at Ellsworth. Now it sits in his garage DOA.

    Me? I've got Turners.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: RobsterCraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,417
    Ellsworth suffers from the same reputation damage that manitou is trying to recover from. Even if they have fixed every problem, improved CS or whatever it may take, many consumers are unwilling to try them out after a long dry spell, so they still think of the company as being what it was 4 years prior. We still say Manipoo for fun, but many still have that impression because lost consumer confidence is hard to win back. Manitou's travis forks are pretty sharp, and their Gold Series forks are nice too, but few want to go and try them because they'd prefer to stick with companies that never let them down. Only thing I ever had against Ellsworth was the bike designs and the inflated prices.

  13. #13
    Teh Original Dirt Muffin
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    768
    Quote Originally Posted by RobsterCraw
    Only thing I ever had against Ellsworth was the bike designs and the inflated prices.

    Lol, oh!!!!!! The ONLY thing, haha that sounds pretty funny. That's like 90% of what the company makes. You are smart. I like it when Tony Ellsworth says people on mtbr are bastards....soooooooooo funny


    Shredder111

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    88
    Manipoo is still Manipoo, I think they fill their shocks with bunny poo or peanut butter.
    I've always called it "Smellsworth"

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: RobsterCraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,417
    Quote Originally Posted by shredder111
    Lol, oh!!!!!! The ONLY thing, haha that sounds pretty funny. That's like 90% of what the company makes. You are smart. I like it when Tony Ellsworth says people on mtbr are bastards....soooooooooo funny


    Shredder111
    Bike Design and Prices aren't everything. Design says little about weld/tube/paint/pivot quality or durability. There is also CS and Geometry (although I didn't like the geo on the Dare). There may be others. I don't ride an Ells for a pretty simple reason: I'm not about to pay premium prices for something that doesn't impress me. I just prefer the other options.

    Regarding Manipoo, I'm not saying that everything they make is now up to par. However the really quality stuff like the Travis and the Revox don't get bought because when people think of the brand they aren't thinking of Travis and Revox quality, they are thinking about Stance Kingpins and cheap old swingers (although I rarely hear much against them).

    PS: whats the difference between an RFX and a Moment

  16. #16
    I fix choppers
    Reputation: HELLBELLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    960

    SSINGA check in...

    Get SSINGA to chime in as he had a Moment prior to his RFX/Six-Pack. I think just looks-wise the RFX is far beefier.

  17. #17
    3 "fiddy" for short
    Reputation: be350ka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,739
    Quote Originally Posted by shredder111
    I have seen many other pros using different models like the Truth in some hardcore freeriding.



    Shredder111
    Truth in freeriding???? Wow, those things break under normal XC riding.

  18. #18
    New project, TBA shortly
    Reputation: dante's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,024
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    that conversation thing was good
    somebody from boutiquebikes.com sounds like they know TE relatively well... although I think that the conversation would've been quite a bit less, uh, friendly.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Hardtails Are Better's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,294
    Quote Originally Posted by dante
    somebody from boutiquebikes.com sounds like they know TE relatively well... although I think that the conversation would've been quite a bit less, uh, friendly.
    Ouch. My experiences with TE posting here have been uhhh..... less than positive. DT, Noel @ Knolly, Darren @ Push, and other industry folks are regularly on here and even know how to treat customers. Wow, what a concept!



    BTW, love the avatar.

  20. #20
    BOSS TYCOON
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    182
    Quote Originally Posted by be350ka
    Truth in freeriding???? Wow, those things break under normal XC riding.
    have u ever seen a broken truth frame? i've taken my buddies truth dirt jumping all the time and it is soo stiff and smooth. I am amazed by how many people take mtbr seriously. ellsworth are overpriced, by they are amazing bikes. don't listen to what other people say until you have ridden one. I was totally against ellsworth just like 90% of kids on mtbr forums until i took out an epiphany from my lbs. That bike is soooo plush, smooth, snappy, and it handles really nice. I used to work at a bike shop that was an ellsworth dealer and their customer service was great. Are ellsworth top notch bikes? hell yes. Are they the perfect rides? decide that for yourself.

  21. #21
    3 "fiddy" for short
    Reputation: be350ka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,739
    Quote Originally Posted by mtb4life45
    have u ever seen a broken truth frame? i've taken my buddies truth dirt jumping all the time and it is soo stiff and smooth. I am amazed by how many people take mtbr seriously. ellsworth are overpriced, by they are amazing bikes. don't listen to what other people say until you have ridden one. I was totally against ellsworth just like 90% of kids on mtbr forums until i took out an epiphany from my lbs. That bike is soooo plush, smooth, snappy, and it handles really nice. I used to work at a bike shop that was an ellsworth dealer and their customer service was great. Are ellsworth top notch bikes? hell yes. Are they the perfect rides? decide that for yourself.
    Have I ever seen a broken Truth in person? No. But a while ago there seemed to be quite a few pictures and stories about Truth failures here on the boards. My comment was a friendly jab since I am a Turner owner and that is not to say that Turner hasnt had a few broken frames in the past.

    It seems that the majority of the frames that had issues were from 2001 or so and these pictures are of frames from that period.

    Here

    Here

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.