Ellsworth Rogue- Mtbr.com

Thread: Ellsworth Rogue

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Ellsworth Rogue

I don't care if it's $2400 and an ellsworth, i still want one. i like dually bikes that have a traditional looking front triangle--like this. anyone have any specs on it? any idea what dealer cost would be for a 2400 bike? probably around 1800, huh? still way to much. in my opinion this bike should retail for around 1500. then maybe, i would get one.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Still on Training Wheels!
    I know that the pivots and suspension design is different, but that thing really looks like the new Stinkys
    It's not a good ride if you don't scare yourself at least once.

Yeah...I'm Sponsored..................by my Bank Account

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    Quote Originally Posted by drum714
    I know that the pivots and suspension design is different, but that thing really looks like the new Stinkys
    Or like the Dare...

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by powderho
    I don't care if it's $2400 and an ellsworth, i still want one. i like dually bikes that have a traditional looking front triangle--like this. anyone have any specs on it? any idea what dealer cost would be for a 2400 bike? probably around 1800, huh? still way to much. in my opinion this bike should retail for around 1500. then maybe, i would get one.
    Retail for 1500? 1500 won't even buy you a Stinky. Dealer cost varies from bike to bike. For instance, a dealer may make 10% off a 2400 dollar bike from Specialized but 20% from a 2400 dollar Giant. No, those aren't actual figures, but just to give you an idea. And i highly doubt that a 2400 dollar bike gets marked down to 1800 at shop cost.

Team Sanchez
    I dig it! How much rear travel does that frame have? If Ellsworth uses a 35% markup like a lot of the boutique manf. do, then the dealer cost would be $1777.

Giant STP 06
    That's a dam big pivot

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    Retail for 1500? 1500 won't even buy you a Stinky. Dealer cost varies from bike to bike. For instance, a dealer may make 10% off a 2400 dollar bike from Specialized but 20% from a 2400 dollar Giant. No, those aren't actual figures, but just to give you an idea. And i highly doubt that a 2400 dollar bike gets marked down to 1800 at shop cost.
    you know i mean frame only for 1500. isn't dealer cost on specialized just over half of retail? i know they're cheaper than most other companies. of course it does look like a stinky, and 50 other bikes for that matter, but that doesn't mean it will ride like a stinky. or if it does ride like a stinky supreme, better yet. i never thought my banshee rode like any stinky either, for what thats worth.

Team Sanchez
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    Wrong.. Typically the manf will markup a frameset alone by 35% or more. That turns a $2400.00 msrp price tag, into a $1777.00 dealer cost.

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chingon
    Wrong.. Typically the manf will markup a frameset alone by 35% or more. That turns a $2400.00 msrp price tag, into a $1777.00 dealer cost.
    I said that was for example purposes only. "No, those aren't actual figures, but just to give you an idea."

mtbr member
    thats pretty awesome. seems like some people don't like ellsworth. im kind of oblivious to why i guess. i only know one person who has one and they love it. its a dare. but ya thats pretty sick.

Members who have read this thread: 0