Elk Trail Video - Montana style!- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. #1
    Frequent Flyer
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    411

    Elk Trail Video - Montana style!

    I know some of you have been curious to see this trail in action. I finally got my hands on some footage, so I put together a short little flick for you all to enjoy! It's under about a foot of snow right now, so probably no more building until May...

    Right click > Save target as:

    High-res MPEG2 (87 megs) here
    Low-res quicktime (27 megs) here

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    156
    Great building trail looks fun.

  3. #3
    jones'in
    Reputation: venom600's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    917
    Sweeet!! Nice work. Maybe next spring I can drive over from Bozeman and trade you guys some beer/shovel-time for some trail time!?

    --Ben
    \m/ (>.<) \m/
    For Sale: Revox ISX 10.5x3.5

  4. #4
    Gangbusters
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    912
    NICE!!! I am all about building.....it is one thing to be a good rider, but to be a good builder and then rip what you build is the ultimate! I put in 20 hours a week at my house! Keep on building!

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,445
    that was really awesome, the editing was badass, the trail was sick, good stuff

    you should put out a longer video if you have the time

  6. #6
    Frequent Flyer
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by William42
    that was really awesome, the editing was badass, the trail was sick, good stuff

    you should put out a longer video if you have the time
    I would love to make a longer flick, but ever since my video camera got stolen a few years ago, I haven't been able to do much I was able to get this footage from my buddy, and that is the only editing I've been able to do since my cam got stolen.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    730
    can't open the hi-res for some reason
    All about the ride

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    875
    FF,

    Very nice job. I've been keeping up with your progress of this. I noticed you did some modifcation to that Hugh Gass drop with the 70 deg hip. It looks like you added a little brother for him right next to him. Very nice.

    What kind of trees did you use to construct all of that?
    I would highly recommend you get some watersealant* and coat all the ends of those logs. The sawed off ends of wood are very susceptible to retain moisture. Everytime that moisture freezes, it starts splitting the wood apart. That also allows fungus and other parasites to get into the wood. Watersealing will also repel termites and such.

    *used engine oil is the best. It's free!
    Jump it onto something off of something or over something.

    There's more to freeriding than dirt jumps.

  9. #9
    Frequent Flyer
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by rmb_mike
    FF,

    Very nice job. I've been keeping up with your progress of this. I noticed you did some modifcation to that Hugh Gass drop with the 70 deg hip. It looks like you added a little brother for him right next to him. Very nice.

    What kind of trees did you use to construct all of that?
    I would highly recommend you get some watersealant* and coat all the ends of those logs. The sawed off ends of wood are very susceptible to retain moisture. Everytime that moisture freezes, it starts splitting the wood apart. That also allows fungus and other parasites to get into the wood. Watersealing will also repel termites and such.

    *used engine oil is the best. It's free!
    Glad you like the work! I am not sure what kind of trees were used, we just used whatever was dead in the area. They did a ton of logging in there, so there's lots of deadfall. I didn't get a chance to seal the wood, but I may do that in the spring.

  10. #10
    Frequent Flyer
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by venom600
    Sweeet!! Nice work. Maybe next spring I can drive over from Bozeman and trade you guys some beer/shovel-time for some trail time!?

    --Ben
    For sure man! I'll be in Missoula till June, then I'm moving to Bellingham, so hit me up some time in May. It should be melted off by then.

  11. #11
    Frequent Flyer
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by greenmacheen
    can't open the hi-res for some reason
    What media player are you using? I only opened it with VLC player and it worked fine. Haven't tried with anything else though.

  12. #12
    Just roll it......
    Reputation: ebxtreme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,618
    Quote Originally Posted by Freerider Forever
    For sure man! I'll be in Missoula till June, then I'm moving to Bellingham, so hit me up some time in May. It should be melted off by then.
    Hey man.....sweet vid and the trails looking great.

    If you like digging/building (sure looks like you do), drop me a line when you get to B'ham. I've got a few buddies up there that build and another passionate person is always welcome.

    Cheers,
    EB

  13. #13
    SamIAm
    Reputation: SamL3227's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,038
    wow, that looks amazing. i want to ride that shiz! how far away from bozeman is it?
    <(*-*<) Go Ride (>*-*)>

  14. #14
    Err
    Err is offline
    Calm like a bomb
    Reputation: Err's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,539
    Killer Vid, nice building, and nice riding!

  15. #15
    Broken and dizzy
    Reputation: Surfinguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    692
    Nice work guys. Looks really fun!



  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mtber721's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    19
    dude thats sick i wish i had that here in california
    wheeellieee

  17. #17
    Bottlerockin'
    Reputation: coiler8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    839
    That video was sick. Nice riding and editing!
    PS...loving the Ratatat

  18. #18
    The plough
    Reputation: vmajor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    662
    Excellent editing indeed! Nice music too....any DH or FR video without death metal or trash grunge music deserves a special mention

    The trail and the ramps you built look downright scary, but you guys make it look nice and smooth.

    V.

  19. #19
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,929
    very sweet....
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  20. #20
    check your six
    Reputation: sodak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,181
    Great video and nice editing!! My favorite part was the fast-forward building of the stunts... awesome!

  21. #21
    Gangbusters
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    912
    Quote Originally Posted by sodak06
    Great video and nice editing!! My favorite part was the fast-forward building of the stunts... awesome!

    you mean TIME LAPSE!

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    875
    Quote Originally Posted by mkrobert81
    you mean TIME LAPSE!
    Begin hijack...
    Hey dude, speaking of building trails, how is yours coming along? Did all the "Insane Stunts" you asked for give you any good ideas for yours?

    /hijack
    Jump it onto something off of something or over something.

    There's more to freeriding than dirt jumps.

  23. #23
    BrassBalled DropbarNinja
    Reputation: mrpercussive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    11,513
    man... nice vid there... very nice trail and riding...

  24. #24
    StraightOuttaCompton
    Reputation: Djponee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,145
    hey, sweet.
    HARDTAIL PRIDE- 09 Kona Five-0

  25. #25
    gmoney was gmoneybike
    Reputation: ghashmi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by Freerider Forever
    Glad you like the work! I am not sure what kind of trees were used, we just used whatever was dead in the area. They did a ton of logging in there, so there's lots of deadfall. I didn't get a chance to seal the wood, but I may do that in the spring.
    Props on the use of deadfall
    Were looking at balz

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.