El Chingon ...- Mtbr.com

Thread: El Chingon ...

Yay! Bikes !

El Chingon ...

OK, it's been a few weeks now right? How do you like the Z1 compared to your last Fox36?
    Did you get it dialed in?

Team Sanchez
    Well I'm in love again. The Z-1 blows doors on the 36. After the first ride on the Z-1, I was having an issue with bottoming, so I added 5mm of oil to each leg, and now the fork is feeling good. I will be changing the oil out next week to 10wt, and she'll be golden. The 36 was better in only 2 aspects that I observed. First, the 36 was stiffer, but funny enough, did not track better, due to it's harsh ride qualitites. Second, the 36 would not dive in steep slow technical sections, or when I got on the front brake really hard like the Z-1 does. But other than that, the Z-1 excels in every other category. The z-1 is smoother in it's travel, does not bottom off of larger drops, the ETA is a much easier travel adjust system, and the Z-1 does not pack up on the choppy stuff like the 36 did.

Glad to Be Alive
    Only Marzocchi is needed to be trusted
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    a little birdie told me that teh 36 vannila blows doors on Z-1 gnarbot. As far as teh shiver, well it's true, teh 40 pisses all over teh shiver. sorry Bob

Chillin the Most
    Jan 2004
    this is all I got from El Chingons' ranting above...

Quote Originally Posted by El Chingon
    blah, blah, blah........I don't know how to tune a fork......blah, blah, blah.
    just bustin your ballz ben

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by zachdank
    a little birdie told me that teh 36 vannila blows doors on Z-1 gnarbot. As far as teh shiver, well it's true, teh 40 pisses all over teh shiver. sorry Bob
    say it ain't so.....time will only tell.....I am not giving up on my Shiver though
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Team Sanchez
    I know how to tune a fork, but until you join the workforce again, and can pony up for a 36, you won't know what a true waste of coin the fork is. I really hope the Vanilla 36 is all they hope it will be. Also, Push industries is doing some trick mods to the current 36, that is supposed to help with the whole Talas vapor lock situation, that is causing the loss of travel.

FM
    mtbr member
    In other words: "rumour has it, next years Fox will be better than this years marzocchi", right?

or, "fox's new dual crown pisses all over marzocchis discontinued dual-crown"

Quote Originally Posted by zachdank

Chillin the Most
    Jan 2004
    I know how to tune a fork
    If you say so.

but until you join the workforce again
    Whatchu talkin bout Willis? Don't know what idiot you've been talking too, but they are obvioulsy as out of the loop regarding my goings on as you are, I have a job. Albeit probably short lived, NorCal is appearing closer in my future. Happy, happy, joy, joy!!!

(until you can) pony up for a 36, you won't know what a true waste of coin the fork is
    I could, but I have no need for such a fork no matter how good or bad it may be.

Schmeow Productions
    w/e, i bet marzocchi's o6 line is gonna blow the fox lineup outta the water (at least the 36, sorry z-dank) the dh 40 will still own though.

Say Car Ramrod!!
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    w/e, i bet marzocchi's o6 line is gonna blow the fox lineup outta the water (at least the 36, sorry z-dank) the dh 40 will still own though.
    while were looking into the crystal ball of the future.....
    I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself...

gnar, brah
    If the 66 looses enough weight and has a low-enough AC height, then that is going to be the 36's main competitor in the Marzocchi line-up. Depending on the stats of Z1 FR1 and the new 66, I'll be getting one of those two forks from the '06 lineup. Forget the 36 though, if I had that kind of cash, I wouldn't be talking about upgrading a fork...I'd be talking about a whole new bike.
    Trestle Bike Park