Early Review on Sunday World Cup- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Early Review on Sunday World Cup

Just took my Iron Horse Sunday out for a ride on Saturday and it was worth every precious penny my wife paid. Cornering was amazing on it and the DW-Link is so sweet. Even caught a couple 4 - 5 foot drops but where it excelled at was definetly speed. This thing is race driven and the few times where uphill pedaling had to be done, that was No Problem, especially weighing in at 42lbs. Took it pretty easy this week though. Just wanted to feel the bike out. No wipeouts. My boy had to go to the ER for some X-Rays on his shoulder after bad spill though but everything was negative, he should be back on his bike in a week or 2. No action pics this week. Next week fo sho.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm not a bad guy! I work hard, and I love my kids. So why should I spend half my Sunday hearing about how I'm going to Hell? ~Homer Simpson

mtbr member
    Nice bike.....I love the Sunday. I was racing my Sunday Team this wekend just gone. Unfortunately I wasn't quite as lucky as you and managed a serious crash (Don't remember much about it...but managed to walk away after about five minutes)...and 3 smaller crashes...one of which fractured my rib.....I managed to rip the seat into 3 pieces and ripped it clean off the bike.......I then got a replacement and cracked that one too!!!!!!!! Probably my bad riding, not the seats fault.....The bike is a really nice ride, and feels fantastic through the berms. It seems to spit you out the other end really quickly.
    Do you have any plans for racing it?

RIDE TO LIVE&LIVE TO RIDE
    those bikes are sweet. i saw a couple this weekend at the angelfire race.

have fun with that.

Uhhhhh...
    Quote Originally Posted by ironhorsebike1
    those bikes are sweet. i saw a couple this weekend at the angelfire race.

have fun with that.
    Yea, tons of guys had 'em.
    Fayetteville, AR and N.W.A RePrEsEnT

mtbr member
    i had a good time shuttling with you will, hopefully we can do it again sometime.

Uhhhhh...
    Quote Originally Posted by ynotgobig
    i had a good time shuttling with you will, hopefully we can do it again sometime.
    I agree. Damn Angelfire.
    Fayetteville, AR and N.W.A RePrEsEnT

Industry Loudmouth
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSherpa
    I agree. Damn Angelfire.
    Tiendee...were you one of the guys at Diablo this weekend w/ a WC? If you're the guy I think, you need to get yerself some pads and a fullface mate! The Sunday will get you up to speed quick and the rocks and trees at Diablo ain't so forgiving when you hit em!

-ska todd

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSherpa
    I agree. Damn Angelfire.
    Lol, that trailer got scraped up so bad! I think I felt the floor boards move a few times during the dirt road.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

mtbr member
    some guy had one a few months ago that was glossy blue. Do they come in different colors?
    Sully

Industry Loudmouth
    This one?

-ska todd
    Last edited by ska todd; 06-06-2005 at 07:28 PM.

Youngbuck
    That bike is so sweet looking and probably rides even better. I dont know why you were ever questioning the lime green lol.
    Honorary Member of the: 500 club

mtbr member
    Yeah, I was at diablo this week on Sat. but I was wearing a full face helmet (a black one) plus I had a 661 assault suit with Fox knee and elbow pads. You probably saw me on the side hanging out a little but I always gear up when I ride. Not trying to break a nose. Most likely will hit up Platekill this weekend
    I'm not a bad guy! I work hard, and I love my kids. So why should I spend half my Sunday hearing about how I'm going to Hell? ~Homer Simpson

Glad to Be Alive
    again I love the color and the flat tire
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ska todd
    This one?

-ska todd
    yeah dats the one. must come in different colors
    Sully

mtbr member
    They come in Pink is well......... Well...not quite.......My mate decided that he wanted his resprayed "Shocking Pink".....
    Don't ask!!!!!!!
    The [email protected] still beat me at hte last race (although I did have a fractured rib though)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Industry Loudmouth
    Quote Originally Posted by tiendee
    Yeah, I was at diablo this week on Sat. but I was wearing a full face helmet (a black one) plus I had a 661 assault suit with Fox knee and elbow pads. You probably saw me on the side hanging out a little but I always gear up when I ride. Not trying to break a nose. Most likely will hit up Platekill this weekend
    I was on the lift and saw a guy rolling up to the entrance to Alpine on a Sunday WC w/ no armor and XC helmet...might have been another guy.

-ska todd

I love RIDING!!
    Dec 2004
    Nice stuff.. I like that pink
    Life is to short... get out and ride

mtbr member
    Definetly was another guy. That place is way toooooo rocky for XC helmet and no armour (you're just asking for it!!!!) lol. Riding Diablo on a Sunday W/C with no armour and a XC helmet is like heading to a Brothel in Mexico with no condoms. BTW, what were you riding?

Industry Loudmouth
    Quote Originally Posted by tiendee
    Definetly was another guy. That place is way toooooo rocky for XC helmet and no armour (you're just asking for it!!!!) lol. Riding Diablo on a Sunday W/C with no armour and a XC helmet is like heading to a Brothel in Mexico with no condoms. BTW, what were you riding?
    See above for pics of my bike...

I was riding in the teal TLD gear and black helmet. I rode Aussie style this weekend and the entire right side of my body still hurts from a high speed encounter w/ a tree on Twist.

-ska todd

WWT
    mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Nice! I knew you would like it.

Glad to Be Alive
    blues and pink
    who would think
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    so can u get in in different colors or are those both custom?
    Sully

mtbr member
    The Pink is a custom spray from http://www.kadowakicoating.com/kc/cy_wk.html , here in Japan..but I'm almost positive the blue is the USA factory frame...Think it can also come in Black and Yellow........
    The pink one now has "Ironhorse" and "Sunday" stickers on it, in Japanese (Hiragana....not Kanji) which looks pretty cool

New project, TBA shortly
    Quote Originally Posted by markfielding1977
    The Pink is a custom spray from http://www.kadowakicoating.com/kc/cy_wk.html , here in Japan..but I'm almost positive the blue is the USA factory frame...Think it can also come in Black and Yellow........
    The pink one now has "Ironhorse" and "Sunday" stickers on it, in Japanese (Hiragana....not Kanji) which looks pretty cool
    surprised that you didn't go for a YAKUZA seeing as you're in Japan. we might be able to get you an 8-9-3 decal if you ask nicely...

mtbr member
    I think I'd need to wear my Dainese body armour all the time if I was riding round on a Yakusa.....I'd have to steer clear of any mercs (they all drive the 3 pointed star here).....
    What are 8-9-3 decals Dante?? (sorry, I'm a little slow)...cheers

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    how much does a sunday team run in us dollars
    MINT 05 HARO ESCAPE 8.3 FRAME FOR SALE.....pm for details

BJ-
    Rota Imports
    the pink is hot, but arnt WCs supposed to weigh in at 39.5' lbs, what did you change...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    everybody was dressed nice...I had shorts, Rogue T-shirt and sandles

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    I think the Sunday W/C's weigh in at 42lbs not 39. Definetly with some extra upgrades you can get it there. Either way AWESOME BIKE!!!! I rode the team last Wed. and that thing is sweet. To bad I don't have $4500 to buy one. Oh well, I guess my Bullit is gonna have to do it one more summer.