E-13 supercharger on 06 Bighit II- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Bonking ... not feelin' well E-13 supercharger on 06 Bighit II

Hi to all! I do some hopups on my Specialized Bighit06 FSR II and one of them is e-13 supercharger bash guard for my original Truvativ Hussefelt crank/chain ring+ existin chain guide system. There is no way to use existing crank with e-13 bash from my point of view. So I would like to ask you , is this combination possible ? do you have this combination mounted on your bike?? Thank you very much for any help or pictures of your setup. Rob

N* Bomber Crew
    There are two possible culprits.

For one, are you running some sort of e13 Chain-guide? If so, they do NOT work with Specialized Big Hits 06 or newer if I understand correctly. I believe the back-plate or boomerang of the chain-guide hits the chain-stay.

Second, the e13 Supercharger, if that's all you're trying to do, does fit on the Husselfelt. You should have extra long chain ring bolts and washers. The washers are placed between the supercharger and the bolt. You screw the bolt through the washer, supercharger, and I believe your 2nd chain ring, finally into the bolt backing.

Check out the instructions if I am confusing you.
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

Meh.
    Yes... they do fit... unless you bought a bash with the wrong bolt pattern (ie 5 bolt). Your Truvativ crank uses 4x104BCD pattern, longer bolts and washers are included. The bash simply replaces where the big ring mounted.

...idios...
    Is the problem not that the BigHit came with the Truvativ BoxGuide? If so, you can remove the front plate from the box section, although the bottom roller may get in the way of the supercharger if you go over the 36T version.

What use is a philosopher who doesn't hurt anybody's feelings? -
    Diogenes

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    OK , I am sorry that I should give you more info. I believe that I bought right bash guard - it is 36T e-13 supercharger and there is 34T ring (only) on my Bighit. E-13 has no bash guards for size 34T. I am trying to install bash guard ONLY - I know that E-13 chain guide will not work with Bighit..
    Well, let me get back to my problem. When I mount E-13 bash it is hitting chain guide (top "plastic box" and bottom roller ) so bad that I can not turn crank... I can see solution to find some washers more than 1/8" thick and put these between crank and bash guard , but than long bolts included with bash guard are short - back bolts will reach no more than half of the bashguard.
    Now , I kind of took care of that "box section" when I took front plate off (THANK YOU SteveUK ) but bash is still hitting bottom roller
    So I feel kind of disapointed with this product , I know that nothing is perfect but this installation does not look solid to me (extra washers/short bolts) and I do not feel like I can trust to this product , because I do not want to waste half day in mountains dealing with loose screws or other problems only because it does not fit exactly and I had to do some lousy moves to make it work
    I would like to look at other product (bashguard) - what would you recommend for my Bighit so I can get SOLID protection and HIGH QUALITY product??

Thank you guys for all of your help - Rob

E-13 SUCKS ??????
    Attached Images Attached Images

Meh.
    Remove the outter half of the box and trim the pulley. OR get the Truvativ bash that sticks way out. OR space out the e13.

mtbr member
    Hate to say it, but your problem is the Boxguide, not the Supercharger. Don't bash (sorry) the Supercharger because it doesn't play nice with a brand of guide it wasn't designed for. Only Truvativ's overpriced bashguard works well with the Boxguide. The E13 is a superior product; just look at all the people who use them and the copycat (Gravity and Race Face) guides that have come since. Unfortunately, the low chainstays and over-rotated ISCG mounts on your Big Hit prevent you from using an E13 guide. Sell it to someone who needs one and get the Truvativ guide.
    Rosa Parks has just been hit with a piece of chicken.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Well , this is it - I need Truvativ bash guard!!. For $50 it is not so bad . What really makes me mad is fact that I called e-13 tech. support and I asked them what should I get and now I got something what I can not use and I paid $47 with shipping for something what I can hang on the wall.....

OK guys , my case is closed - thank you all that you are here and you are helping other people with their trouble - you are much better then any tech. support in whole world!!! Thanks again - Rob

Meh.
    As I said... remove the outer part of the upper guide and shave down the roller... I have converted several of these Boxguides as have other members of MTBR.

Members who have read this thread: 0