E-13 Set up Question- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2006

E-13 Set up Question

I have an E-13 SRS sytstem on my M3 and I followed all of the directions when setting it up but when I sit on the bike and it settles into its sag, the chain rubs on the upper gaurd. Sounds like a little motorbike when I pedal. Is this normal for the chain to rub on the upper guide? It seems like if I mount the guide higher to stop the rubbing it will not stop the chain from coming off. Thanks.

Prankmonkey

rockin the mid-west
    Quote Originally Posted by PRANKMONKEY
    I have an E-13 SRS sytstem on my M3 and I followed all of the directions when setting it up but when I sit on the bike and it settles into its sag, the chain rubs on the upper gaurd. Sounds like a little motorbike when I pedal. Is this normal for the chain to rub on the upper guide? It seems like if I mount the guide higher to stop the rubbing it will not stop the chain from coming off. Thanks.

Prankmonkey
    it is normal, but one thing you have to watch out for with horst link bikes is if the linkage is rubing/hiting the top part of the bomerang, i had to grind mine down so it would not rub on my Big-Hit. It could be that your linkage is just barely moving the top of the bomerang out and that is whats making the top guide rub.

if you need any more help P.M. me.
    PUNK FOR LIFE
    freeride & Down hill for life
    Companies I support
    E-13
    Shimano
    Maxxis
    EBC
    Marzocchi
    SIXSIXONE
    Specialized
    Arrow Racing