E.13 LG1 Taco Bash Guards Are IN- Mtbr.com
    Bottlerockin'

E.13 LG1 Taco Bash Guards Are IN

Just thought I should let y'all know.

http://www.bti-usa.com/public/quicks...scription/Taco

..After I ordered one up myself of course...

mtbr member
    Sweet, I'm going to pick one up!

Oops, no I'm not. LOL JK OMG LMFAO.

i eat rocks
    Quote Originally Posted by combatkimura
    LOL JK OMG LMFAO.
    omgwtfbbq right there

what pedals are those?

mtbr member
    I'm glad you asked, I love my pedals. They are Drive Technologies CNC Pro sealed pedals. They can be purchased through Speedgoat.com or danscomp.com.

Here they are in their sexy photo shoot.

i like rocks
    totally off topic, but has been weighing heavily on my mind. what size chainring are you using with that schaaaweeeet new mrp guide, and do you think it would work with a 32??

mtbr member
    mine's a 36t, don't think anything smaller would work.

N* Bomber Crew
    Yeah, um, the MRP G2...I'll take a Chainguide that you know...works? And DOESN'T drop your chain and require a 30 minute repair on a trail? Even when set up properly?

Are the Tacos shipping with LG1's now? I'm getting a LG1 for the DHR.
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

i like rocks
    thanks, g2 officially crossed off the the list.

Pivotal figure
    No seafoam green though...
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

StraightOuttaCompton
    No seafoam green though...
    oh well, just get the clear or white to match.
    HARDTAIL PRIDE- 09 Kona Five-0

Pivotal figure
    Yeah, I'll probably get the white one and a big box of crackers (to go with the whine )
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptordude
    Yeah, um, the MRP G2...I'll take a Chainguide that you know...works? And DOESN'T drop your chain and require a 30 minute repair on a trail? Even when set up properly?

Are the Tacos shipping with LG1's now? I'm getting a LG1 for the DHR.
    WTF are you talking about? There is absolutely no reason the G2 can't perform as good or better than the lg-1. Please elaborate on your extensive experience with both systems.

N* Bomber Crew
    WTF are you talking about? There is absolutely no reason the G2 can't perform as good or better than the lg-1. Please elaborate on your extensive experience with both systems.
    Of course I will elaborate!

I have owned two e13 products. A DRS and a LG1, first, the DRS.

I rode the DRS for about 2 years solid. I have never dropped a single chain with the DRS, and it ran flawlessly. All I had to do was lube the roller every now and then.

I ran the LG1 for about a year, again, no dropped chains. It ran smooth and quietly. Only thing I did not like was how long it took to get it completely dialed and running smooth.

As for MRP, I have never owned a MRP product, and never will. Upon riding, my friend with your run of the mill MRP system (Roller on top and bottom) ran into a problem. The chain got jammed between the crank arm spindle and Bottom Bracket somehow. The system doesn't allow for a quick fix, we had to remove not one, but BOTH rollers to get the chain back on, and put the rollers back onto the back-plate. It took us about 30 minutes to get it back going again. The MRP was supposedly setup correctly. And with that experience I have learned not to trust MRP, plus their products are heavier than e13's (Maybe not the G2).

As for the new G2, I'm not fond of it. I ran the LG1 for a entire season, and never had any problems. I've ran e13 products for a very long time, and don't see the need to switch. Upon riding with my friends, I've seen a Gamut screw up, a MRP and a TruVativ Box Guide all have meltdowns, yet everyone I have rode with that has a e13 SRS or LG1, and my DRS, have all had good experiences.

Yep, there you go.

StraightOuttaCompton
    eah, I'll probably get the white one and a big box of crackers (to go with the whine )
    don't forget the cheese.
    HARDTAIL PRIDE- 09 Kona Five-0

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptordude
    As for MRP, I have never owned a MRP product, and never will. Upon riding, my friend with your run of the mill MRP system (Roller on top and bottom) ran into a problem. The chain got jammed between the crank arm spindle and Bottom Bracket somehow. The system doesn't allow for a quick fix, we had to remove not one, but BOTH rollers to get the chain back on, and put the rollers back onto the back-plate. It took us about 30 minutes to get it back going again. The MRP was supposedly setup correctly. And with that experience I have learned not to trust MRP, plus their products are heavier than e13's (Maybe not the G2).

As for the new G2, I'm not fond of it. I ran the LG1 for a entire season, and never had any problems. I've ran e13 products for a very long time, and don't see the need to switch. Upon riding with my friends, I've seen a Gamut screw up, a MRP and a TruVativ Box Guide all have meltdowns, yet everyone I have rode with that has a e13 SRS or LG1, and my DRS, have all had good experiences.

Yep, there you go.

^ I have an older MRP chainguide w/orange rollers and it is a piece of junk. When I was riding at whistler the chain would derail between the chainring and the inside metal plate at least once a day if not three times and it would be a b*tch to get out (pulling on the chain while watching metal bits getting sheered off).

I'm definitely picking up an lg-1 w/taco or maybe a gamut (heard they fit better on an sx trail?) for next season

mtbr member
    A bit off topic but related to what rapturedude said. I personally feel that the E-13 DRS has far too little rotational adjustment on the back plate with the ISCG grooves and the plastic is far too cheap. The actual BPlate of the DRS system was machined like it came from the back of a Chinese sweat-shop. This was placed on my Giant XO,which has of course the ISCG mounts, yet its fit was very poor - and not due to the bike bacause I have of course used this on other bikes as well and I really do not see the gimick...?

Im sure some people have a good experience with E-13 and good on them, but I will never buy their stuff again. Ontop of being WAY and FAR TOO overpriced for what the product is, I personally think it is a low quality product: look, feel and react as cheap Chinese plastic mould injected parts, poor milling on the alum back plate, poor design and over all aesthetics - although not the worst; and performance against cost...well, its just not even there.

E-13....PASS...!!!!

N* Bomber Crew
    I had the old old old school DRS that required 100% assembly and I never had a rotational problem.

EastBaySteez
    Gamut ftw.
    No adjustments needed.
    Smash that sob between the bb and your frame and your good to go.
    Gamut
    Team Evil
    Formerly: motormonkeyr6

mtbr member
    So raptordood, you are speaking completely out of your ass then since you have absolutely no experience whatsoever with the G2. It would be like me stating that you are a complete moron because you've made an inexperienced and unsubstantiated negative statement about the G2 based on a bad experience with a completely different design. I obviously can't make that statement confidently because I've never met you and have no idea about your level of intelligence, just as you have no idea about the performance and reliability of the G2. The lg-1 is great, obviously. It's proven and has stood the test of time. I am confident that the G2 will prove to be, at the very least, as good as the lg-1.

mtbr member
    Ha ha ha...felt like that sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by motormonkeyr6
    Gamut ftw.
    No adjustments needed.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by motormonkeyr6
    Gamut ftw.
    No adjustments needed.
    I actually watched a Gamut bash ring break in half this weekend. My friends and I were hiking the course on Sat before practice, and some dude nailed a rock at slow speed, and the bash broke in half. He kept riding, so I picked up the half bash and my friends and I threw it at each other as we hiked up the trial. Sweeeeeeeeeet.

N* Bomber Crew
    So raptordood, you are speaking completely out of your ass then since you have absolutely no experience whatsoever with the G2.
    Exactly. I have no interest in a complete rip off of the LG1. I'll run the real deal that I've already had 100% success with, thanks.

I am confident that the G2 will prove to be, at the very least, as good as the lg-1.
    Okay? Your point? So you're saying its going to be as good as the LG1? That doesn't help your case to try and tell me that its better than the LG1.

Members who have read this thread: 0