Dumbest question ever!!- Mtbr.com
    Another festivus MIRACLE!

Dumbest question ever!!

Guys, I just bought one of those z150 FR w/ETA coil fork's they are selling at beyondbikes.com for cheap, and am sooo pleased with the perfomance. But, I keep reading about the air assist with this thing, but for the life of me I can't find any valve on the fork to add air!! I searched ridemonkey, here and marzocchi, but not luck. The manual it came with blows. I have an ETA knob on the left leg, and spring preload on the right (both gold). Where do I add air dammit...

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bullit71
    Guys, I just bought one of those z150 FR w/ETA coil fork's they are selling at beyondbikes.com for cheap, and am sooo pleased with the perfomance. But, I keep reading about the air assist with this thing, but for the life of me I can't find any valve on the fork to add air!! I searched ridemonkey, here and marzocchi, but not luck. The manual it came with blows. I have an ETA knob on the left leg, and spring preload on the right (both gold). Where do I add air dammit...
    try screwing off the gold knobs counter clockwise - if it is indeed air assist then you'll find them under the caps. peace

I tried that, and gave it some elbow grease, but the knobs simple won't come off. Is it possible that I got a Z150 model that doesn't have this air assist.

One tubby tubby
    Mar 2004

Try again

You have to take the damper adjust knob off by unscrewing the tiny screw in the middle, the air valve is under there.
    BONES HEAL...CHICKS DIG SCARS...GLORY LIVES FOREVER

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bullit71
    First off, that is a rebound adjuster on the right leg.... And like the Captain said, remove the knob and you will fint the air valve....

Brian

what a pain! ok, i'll check that out, but i don't think i'll need to add any, b/c the sag seems to be food for me @ 200lbs.....but i did want to know. Why wouldn't they put that in the marzocchi manual? damn that manual sucks...