dumb question of the day- Mtbr.com
    just bro'n out

dumb question of the day

ok heres my dumb question. i bought an intense m3 with 150mm hub spacing, but the frame didnt come with a 12mm thru axle. i was looking around today at work and found no 12 thru axles in QBP or BTI. where the hell can i get this axle. the hadley hub im buying doesnt come with it, the frame didnt come with it! am i missing something here?

has anyone made their own thru axle?????
    I'm thinking of buying some grade 5 titanium bar stock sticking it on the lathe, reducing the diameter to 12mm leaving a head on one end, and threading the other end. I think that could be pretty sweet.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    is the hadley hub new? my friends hadley came with a 12mm thru axle, and most of my hubs have. the grade 5 titanium stock sounds sick though.

mtbr member

Here you go..

Glad to Be Alive
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Just Ride
    sun has em for like 25 bucks give them a call. i had the same suprise when i got my m3. sun got one to me 3 days later though so it was all good

mtbr member
    Here may be an even dumber question. Do you already have a 150mm wheel or hub? Every 150 hub I've seen comes with an axle, and BTI has several hubs and wheelsets with the axle included. QBP also has a Problem Solvers 150 axle only that is threaded for a Saint derailleur, sold separately to fit most hubs.
    Rosa Parks has just been hit with a piece of chicken.

Members who have read this thread: 0