DT EX 1750 Help- Mtbr.com

Thread: DT EX 1750 Help

mtbr member

DT EX 1750 Help

Ok, so my Sunday came with these wheels and they had held up preety well until northstar. The front is still perfect but the rear is thrashed. There are probably over 20 kinks in the rear and the wheel is starting to fall apart. My problem is when I try to tighten my spokes the hole spoke spins when I turn the nipple. And the spokes are like regular spokes cut in half because they are meant to be light so they will just keep twisting like redvines until they break. So, I cannot tighten my spokes or true my wheel, any ideas? And the wheel is preety much tacoed as well. I am just trying to get it through one more day of riding this weeknd. Looks like I will be riding my nomad this weekend at n*.

-> SickLines.com <-
    they use bladed spokes no (Dt Aerolite)? You have to get a tool to hold the spoke while turning the nipples (same for Sapim CX Ray). You can get the right tool, or try to use a crescent wrench in a pinch.

mtbr member
    I already tried that, the lowest part of the spoke still twists though.

My arm hurts a little
    Yah that wheel set comes with a special tool, I think I got one with the set??

BTW, Damn you road those at N* you're crazy.
    Last edited by #1ORBUST; 07-12-2007 at 05:46 PM.
    Hardtail downhill
    https://youtu.be/sXhWDoz7_CM
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    tresspassing, thievery and poaching is all part of a DH'ers life

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by novato kid
    Ok, so my Sunday came with these wheels and they had held up preety well until northstar. The front is still perfect but the rear is thrashed. There are probably over 20 kinks in the rear and the wheel is starting to fall apart. My problem is when I try to tighten my spokes the hole spoke spins when I turn the nipple. And the spokes are like regular spokes cut in half because they are meant to be light so they will just keep twisting like redvines until they break. So, I cannot tighten my spokes or true my wheel, any ideas? And the wheel is preety much tacoed as well. I am just trying to get it through one more day of riding this weeknd. Looks like I will be riding my nomad this weekend at n*.
    ur a rich mofo anyway, just buy a new wheel.

keystone addict
    I honestly don't understand why bike companies spec dtswiss rims or people buy them. They're softer than cookie dough from what i've seen on every single one. i just wonder why...
    I kinda wish my brakes actually worked, but I guess that just makes me faster, right?

Members who have read this thread: 0