Drop off triple harsh top out ( again)- Mtbr.com
    No Fear

Drop off triple harsh top out ( again)

Ah get any one with Drop off triples get rid of them their rubbish.
    Im having the same problem I had with it 3 months ago . Harsh top outs and knocking sound when toping .
    ( funny ay every time you want to change the rebound you have to have a 70 Cm long wrench and a 21 mm spanner to open the cap )
    It that time I made a long legged 12 mm Allen key to fit its rebound adjuster. When adjusted it in the place with no harsh top outs it was way too slug and wouldnít react on the trail. So decreased air pressure and got the rebound faster .It resulted in a loose fork which pressed up whole its travel with tiny forces. But I donít know how it was healing each week I felt its rebounding slower than before although I hadnít changed the rebound . so I pumped some air in it every few days to make it more reactive on the surface . In five or six weeks I got to the standard pressure that I should have in the fork for my weigh ( 55 Kg) .
    Today my rig was on the rack and in contact with cold weather in high speed .When I rode it first time it was down the rack it was suddenly loosened as if it had lost air pressure. An hour later after a hard downhill ride .At once it started to have harsh top outs and knocking sounds.
    Now where ever I put the rebound adjuster slow or fast it doesnít matter .It donít make any difference in the rebound and it tops out .
    What the F*** IS IT ??/

Pro Crastinator
    if the changes in the rebound setting don't do anything, your rebound valve is probably broken. it's a plastic washer at the bottom of the springstack that sometimes get smashed over the course of a few harsh bottom outs....

Samsonite Tester
    Did you ever check the oil hieght ? A low level of oil will cause knocks. Marzocchi have been notorius for shipping forks with low oil.

The Drop Off Triple is a low end fork, don't expect much.
    Yeah I gotta question. You got any excuses tonight Roy ? -Antonio Tarver

There is room for it all, just ride what you like to on what you like to...that's freeriding. -rbn14

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    the DOT is below low end.

I wouldnt ride one. I'd rather have a rigid.
    "What would happen to the Weather Channel's ratings if people werent scared anymore?"

No Fear
    The rebound is working properly .
    But about the rebound valve if i found out right its a plastic washer it end of the stanchions right ?
    It has no problem . By the way when i poured out the oil it was black very dirty . Should it be from the old oil.
    ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Drop off Triple.......ohh theres your problem

No Fear
    I changed the oil with hydraulic (30 wt) oil but my problem doubled the topping out not solved and a new problem is in .
    The fork has and inch of self sag I mean it compresses and inch under its own weigh and the first two inches of travel goes in and out with no force making it unstable . What it going on in the F***ing fork . The rebound isnít working and there is nothing broken in the fork .
    I can do 3 things
    1: fix it Ď sell it Ď and get some thing else . and if so choice which one of these would you suggest me .
    Marzocchi 66 RC Ė Marzocchi Junior T with standard drop outs Ė Boxxer RaceĖ Boxxer Ride Ė

The second thing I can do is to fix it and use it ( not recommend it)

And at last forget the fork and consider it broken ( get rid of it) and getting a one of the above .

mtbr member
    30wt oil?

yaha ha
    get a 66rc

Old No. 7
    Why don't you call Marz?
    06 888 RC2X FOR SALE! PM FOR DETAILS

...the mustache has spoken

Me hates pinchflat
    Quote Originally Posted by SABER_MTB
    The fork has and inch of self sag I mean it compresses and inch under its own weigh and the first two inches of travel goes in and out with no force making it unstable . What it going on in the F***ing fork . The rebound isn’t working and there is nothing broken in the .
    That sounds pretty bad....
    Quote Originally Posted by sriracha
    "jesus would huck it"
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    i have found the 1.5" headtubes to be slightly larger in diameter than 1 1/8", plus or minus

Samsonite Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardtails Are Better
    30wt oil?
    No kidding , are you using motor oil?

Should be 7-10 wt.
    Yeah I gotta question. You got any excuses tonight Roy ? -Antonio Tarver

There is room for it all, just ride what you like to on what you like to...that's freeriding. -rbn14

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    OK... saber, you just need to learn to make a drop off not suck. mine is fine and you probly just have too much pressure or not enough oil. its ok to bottom the fork out, just like not REALLY hard. watch some vids like roam or the kona promo and you will see them bottom out 888's and stuff all the time...

Portland, OR
    saber, put in heavier weight oil. also there is a mod that you can do to the fork. something with the valve shutting. PM XSL_WiLL or just do a search. mrpercussive made a thread asking about it reciently.
    Ibex bikes

2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1

Canadian Invasion
    You can just change the cartridge and make it into a Super-T, my bro has some issues with his drop-off and thats what he plans on doing. Send it to Go-ride or take it to a LBS with a Zocchi tech.

Meh.
    He lives in Irag. And he insists on forcing his heavy-handed wrenching techniques on both his own and his friends' bikes.

Canadian Invasion
    Hmm, marzocchi will ship him the cartridge...maybe he can install it?

Members who have read this thread: 0