Downtown race set up- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Downtown race set up

Hi to eveybody
    Does anybody knows whats the correct suspension set up for a downtown race ( lot of stairs not a dirt terrain)
    Faster rebaunt or slower? Smoother suspension or no?
    And about the tyres less presure or more ?
    Sorry for my english

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    High tire pressure (faster rolling), and I'd stiffen up my suspension for less pedal bob.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    i get the bob idea but remember, concrete is a hard surface, a stiff setup might break things in a hurry. never done a urban dh race so i could be wrong but i dont think id change a whole lot other than mess with tire choice, psi and maybe the seat height if theres long pedalin sections. im thinkin a massive semi slick might be the way to go if the sidewalls will hold up.

if anyone should be sorry for their english, its me. so... sorry.
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Actually nevermind about the suspension idea, I see the OP is riding a nomad. If it was something along the lines of a v10 then it'd make more sense.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cactuscorn
    im thinkin a massive semi slick might be the way to go if the sidewalls will hold up.
    axxis Hookworm 2.5's - dual ply DH casing - fast strong and will survive fcking up landings on concrete...
    Not sure about the suspension depends on whether theres big drops but if there's alot of steps you want think about the copression depwnding on the shock - high speed/low speed
    Go here for good Urban DH footage http://dirtmag.co.uk/news/category/v...t-1234648.html

I could gap that.
    Jul 2008
    I have never done an Urban Race, but I do alot of Urban/City riding on my DH bike. You want a higher tire pressure (38-45 is what I run) and for suspension... You want nearly the quickest rebound and sort of soft (about medium compression). The rebound on stairs is similar to that in rock gardens. It needs to be quick responding back to the surface for maximum traction. Unless there are big drops that you need max travel for, then a Medium compression setting it best because it will save you on pedaling efficiency. Hope this helps.
    Demo 8
    P1
    http://www.chainsmokeracing.net/
    Sponsors: Twenty6, ODI, Elka, Crank Bros, Sixsixone, Azonic, Specialized

mtbr member
    thanks a lot

Members who have read this thread: 0