downieville downhill- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

New question here. downieville downhill

Me and my cuz were going to goto mammoth on the 24th but then we realized that the nationals were being held on the 23-26. So we were thinking about going to downieville. How is the downhill runs at downieville, do they have any freeriding stuff and do you guys have any pics of downieville. Thanks in advanced
    signature

I wanna talk to Samson!
    dville isnt really a freeride spot, but it is hella fun. 14 miles of some of the sweetest trails you will ever ride. there is about a 1 mile climb, no biggie, i did it on my fr bike. i would def go if you can. i dont remember much cause i havent riden there since last summer, so someone who is more informed will chime in.

later
    JackNugz

Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    no, but they are shinier....it's like the fututre, where everything is really really shiny.....but still really just the same ol'crap

mtbr member
    I've been to Dville 4 times this season. It's an experience. It's not really what your thinking of for DH. It's almost all downhill but no huge hucks or jumps. But I tell you what, it's fun. I've done all my runs this season on my Stinky Dee. The climb sucks but it's worth. Truly an experience every mountain biker should try once. N* is more what your looking for if you want true DH and stunts.
    Harry......I took care of it!!

Now with flavor!!
    Take a day at northstar and a day at downieville if you can. Northstar is rough (ROUGH) and dusty and downieville is smooth and fast. Both are a blast if you've never been there.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    Take a day at northstar and a day at downieville if you can. Northstar is rough (ROUGH) and dusty and downieville is smooth and fast. Both are a blast if you've never been there.
    Yeah, thats what we were planning on doing. I guess the question is would you rather go to mammoth (with the nationals going on so some runs will be closed), or go to downievielle.

We for sure are going to northstar the second day.

Pro Crastinator
    the lift line can be bad even if there are no races at mammoth, i wouldn't even dream of trying to ride there on a race weekend.....

Now with flavor!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Donots06
    Yeah, thats what we were planning on doing. I guess the question is would you rather go to mammoth (with the nationals going on so some runs will be closed), or go to downievielle.

We for sure are going to northstar the second day.
    Yeah I wouldn't bother with mammoth that weekend. Just to to downieville. Mammoth only has 3 DH runs anyway and 2 of them will be closed.

mtbr member
    Ive been to n* a couple times and i love it. See our plan is go to downieville one day and n* the next. Donots06's LBS hooked us up with 2 free tickets.
    signature