Downhilling at Keystone on a hardtail- Mtbr.com
    odo
    mtbr member

Downhilling at Keystone on a hardtail

I was wondering if anybody has downhilled at Keystone on a hardtail? How was it?

banned
    Yes. Fine.

ride hard take risks
    A HT can do just about as much as a FS with a skilled rider on board.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

Registered Jong
    Quote Originally Posted by dogonfr
    Word

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I worked at Keystone in the late 80's and we used to ride the lifts up and go apesh*t on full rigids, so I think you'll be just fine. I did collect a fair number of taco'd rims though.

Glad to Be Alive
    u can, but better on FS
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dogonfr
    indeed...
    Quote Originally Posted by shredder111
    Can I paint your rockring, silly bun salad?

Bike Ninja |||
    Its actually quite fun to ride on a HT... builds your skillz real quick like. Just about everything there is hit-able on a HT, save for the drop zone, and some of the new trails. I would say go for it! makes you fasta'!
    Proud to represent Mojo Wheels.

mtbr member
    it is definetly doable on a hardtail ive done it my self even on an old hard tail with v-brakes and 63mm of front suspension. i've also done it on a freeride hardtail with a 6in travel fork and on a trailbike with 5in of travel. the trailbike was definetly the most fun out of the three. Now i have a full suspension freeride bike and would suggest that if you plan on going there a lot it would be the best. however you will be fine on just about any decent bike (except the bigger drops).

mtbr member
    For the record, I have nothing against hardtails! I swear.
    but I have a question.

Why do some riders deliberately refuse to buy a FS bike and then act like riding a hardtail is some sign of being a badass? To each his own, I am fine with that but I have just read a lot of posts from HT riders giving off that vibe.

If I want to pedal a moped up a fire road for 5 miles does that make me a badass or a dumbass? In my opinion some feats, although incredible, can just be stupid.

If you want to ride a hardtail everywhere and hit everything and bomb down everything, that's great.

Oh and yeah, A hardtail at Keystone would be fun. But a VP free would be a tad funner IMO.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wormvine
    Oh and yeah, A hardtail at Keystone would be fun. But a VP free would be a tad funner IMO.
    yeah thats what i was trying to say. if you are just going on vacation or something and you're taking your hardtail have fun and ride there. if you're building up a bike or buying a bike to ride there often for god's sakes get a freeride/downhill full suspension it will be much more fun! that's what they are made for!

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I am not sure if you are talking about Keystone Colorado, but I have gone up to Winter Park, CO a few times on the hardtail and I have a great time. You may not want to do the double diamond trails but I have a ton of fun bombing down as fast as I can on the hardtail. I have 2.25" tires and disc brakes on my bike which make a big difference when going down.

Members who have read this thread: 0