downhill rigs- Mtbr.com

Thread: downhill rigs

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

downhill rigs

out of the foes dhs mono, the intense m3, and the santa cruz v10, which one is the better downhill bike?

Cynical Bystander
    M3 has most blingbling and rarity, not many will know how it rides since few have them.
    Mono seems to be a great choice that is great at downhill as well as "black diamond" riding
    V10 is just a pimp bike that is great at racing, dh, freeriding. (Mine will be here next week )
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

eci
    Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    M3 has most blingbling and rarity, not many will know how it rides since few have them.
    Mono seems to be a great choice that is great at downhill as well as "black diamond" riding
    V10 is just a pimp bike that is great at racing, dh, freeriding. (Mine will be here next week )
    your gay. the mono and the v10 are proven race bikes (by chics) The m3 has yet to be proven but it is identical (almost) to the new v10 so it will be pimp.

If ya got the $$$ get the mono, the curnutt is the best shock ever made

I wanna talk to Samson!
    did u get rid of the bighit?!?! that thing was looking pimp last time i saw it, y did u get rid of it?
    JackNugz

Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    no, but they are shinier....it's like the fututre, where everything is really really shiny.....but still really just the same ol'crap

Cynical Bystander
    Todd, shut up.
    *sigh*, alas I have konabiker. I decided that I wanted a bike that didn't weigh 55lbs. I put it up on Pinkbike/ridemonkey to see if there was any interest and it sold straight up. I'm actually disassembling it for packing right now. I feel so sad to depart with it.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

Uhhhhh...
    Quote Originally Posted by konabiker
    did u get rid of the bighit?!?! that thing was looking pimp last time i saw it, y did u get rid of it?

He turned racer on us all. I bet he'll regret selling it when he's not racing his V-10. But the V-10 is gold. BLING

-TS
    Fayetteville, AR and N.W.A RePrEsEnT

Cynical Bystander
    Dude, I just took it apart for packing. Man, I feel like crap now, that bike was part of my family. The v10 will be nice. Im not turning racer on you dont worry will More like "want to have a sub50lbs bike", haha, but, I'm definitely going to miss the bighit. Im sad that I didnt have time to hit that roof drop on it before I sold it, and dont now incase i mess it up. *sob**sob**sob*
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Uhhhhh...
    Dude, I just took it apart for packing. Man, I feel like crap now, that bike was part of my family. The v10 will be nice. Im not turning racer on you dont worry will More like "want to have a sub50lbs bike", haha, but, I'm definitely going to miss the bighit. Im sad that I didnt have time to hit that roof drop on it before I sold it, and dont now incase i mess it up. *sob**sob**sob*
    Uh Huh........you've betrayed the bighit. JK Hope you have fun on the V-10 and me and biker3 might be out your way later and i'll have to ride that v-10. Trans Gold is so bling.

-TS
    Fayetteville, AR and N.W.A RePrEsEnT

mtbr member
    If you are looking for a top performing frame that lasts, then I'd recommend the Mono. I haven't ridden the '04 Mono, but our team was on the Mono for '02 & '03. Most of us rode the same bike for both seasons. Not a single failure or even a bearing replacement. After 2 seasons my '02 Mono was just as tight and plush as the day I got it. The Curnut shocks were more reliable than any of the other platform shocks I've seen, but still needed annual rebuilds.

The Mono is expensive, but considering that I usually buy a new DH frame every season and was able to use the Mono for 2 seasons and still sell just the frame for $1600. Check this math out: (Mono w/Curnut, hub, floating brake $2800) - ($1600 resale 2 seasons later) = $1200 cost / 2 seasons = $600 per season. Not bad, and in all honesty I wouldn't have any concerns using that bike for at least 3 or 4 seasons.
    Can't keep track anymore - Giant, Santa Cruz, Pivot, Yeti, Norco, Salsa, Intense - if it rolls on dirt I like it :thumbsup: