down-sizing photo's- Mtbr.com
    supermachete

down-sizing photo's

I recently aquired a canon eos rebel camera. I love it, and take lots of photo's, however even on the lowest picture quality the files are still 1.5 meg, and are far to big to uplaod to mtbr. anybody have any sugestion's on how to down size? the owners manual I have only covers the very basic operation of the camera.

stupid fresh!!
    u could down size or jus up load to photobucket and put them on here using that

mtbr member
    ya, photobucket is good for that.

supermachete
    testing 1,2,,3

No Fear!
    Quote Originally Posted by supermachete
    I recently aquired a canon eos rebel camera. I love it, and take lots of photo's, however even on the lowest picture quality the files are still 1.5 meg, and are far to big to uplaod to mtbr. anybody have any sugestion's on how to down size? the owners manual I have only covers the very basic operation of the camera.

Make sure you save them as *JPEG* ,before you upload them,thats your problem?

clyde in training
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial
    Make sure you save them as *JPEG* ,before you upload them,thats your problem?
    That is one solution, but what's the resolution? It is probably something huge. If you have photoshop or any other editing software you could just crop it down and the save it as a jpeg.
    That would fix it.

supermachete
    I've done the croping thing, but then 30% of the pic is missing. compressing only gets me so far, down to a meg or so. the program I have for photo editing is called jasc paint shop. a full size photo on this camera is like 8meg+ depending on how lush the backrround is. I'm now using the lowest setting and that's like 1-1.5 meg. this photo-bucket thing seems to be a good start though, thanks everyone. so far the photo's are taking like 5 min+ per photo to upload. I'll post some more once I get then edited down again in photo bucket.

mtbr member
    I'm not familiar with Paint Shop, but in Photoshop there's a "Save for Web" option, which allows you to compress it for posting online.

There's probably something like that in Paint Shop. In fact, I would be shocked if there wasn't. Maybe check the help file for "resizing images"?

Glad to Be Alive
    gimp is pretty cool and easy
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Rider of the Faith
    Try saving the pics as a .gif file. And cropping a pic always helps.

Supremely Unco-ordinated
    You could use a website like www.snipshot.com to resize/compress your images if you don't have/want an image editing program, or you could grab something like the free program Infanview
    Post your youtube mountain bike videos and they'll be included in our interactive World MTB video map!

Members who have read this thread: 0