Domain 318 to much for 05 Blitz?- Mtbr.com
    roa
    mtbr member
    May 2006

Domain 318 to much for 05 Blitz?

is the Domain 318is U-turn to much for my 05 Blitz? i had a 150mm fork on it before but with this new fork its much, much higher and i seem to find myself cranking down to 150 or less for general trail riding. and after owning it for more than 2 months i still cant set sag. im 150lbs do i need a softer spring? kind of sucks that i would have to do that on a brand new fork.
    it climbs very well for such a tough fork and i know from what i have experienced so far that if i could use all its features it would be a much better fork. first time out was an amazing ride. the difference between my old fork and the Domain was night and day. i was flowing through single track without skipping a beat and the down hills were a blast but a bit numbing on the hands do to its to heavy spring. the biggest difference that put a smile on my face was when i hit my dreaded climb on my favorite trail. i attacked it like normal and about half way up i have a rest spot i always stay at to catch my breath. to my HUGE surprise i was not as tired and i kept on going. i cleared the climb with a HUGE smile and looked back and still could not believe it. my bike weighs more and climbs better, go figure.
    i love this fork and don't mind if i have to change out the springs. but am i on the right track? its so stiff that the 30% sag i run felt like alot more and it was. so i had to adjust my rear shock and ended up with such a low (%) that i didnt like the harshness so i set it with the fork at around 145-150mm and reset the rear shock but now at 25% since 30% gave me a chopper feel.
    any suggestion?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    What size domain did you get, 160mm or 180mm?
    Go BIG or Go HOME

EastBaySteez
    Its a U-Turn.
    So If your so concerned lower it to 160
    Gamut
    Team Evil
    Formerly: motormonkeyr6

moaaar shimz
    If its a U-Turn you cant "lower" it to 160 as the max. travel is 160...

roa
    mtbr member
    May 2006
    i have the U-turn 160mm. i can keep it at a lower ride, but my concern is that i can not set sag. however if i do ride it at 150 or less i do get a bit more of sag but still no ware near were i can start to use the Motion Control. has anybody else with a Domain experienced this?

moaaar shimz
    Huh? I didnt understand that last statement about MoCo...

Members who have read this thread: 0