It Doesn't Suck- Mtbr.com

Thread: It Doesn't Suck

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

It Doesn't Suck

i think some of you techies are getting a little carried away with your bike parts. everything sucks according to you except the best, newest fad. you got me thinking that my bike sucked.(02 stinky). and i was looking into getting a jr.t, but no they suck. and i almost snapped when i was reading the new flow magazine and it ahad a stinky primo review. yes the 3600 dollar primo. and it concluded by saying that they are a great entry level FR bike. ok if you have to spend 3600 bucks to get an entry level bike than there is something seriously wrong with this sport, and more specifically, the raping the manufacturers are giving us when they set their prices. everytime i buy something new i just get molested. i walk away feeling like somebody just stuck their hand down my pants and felt around. the price jump on upper end items jumps too much compared to the jump in quality. if an XT crank is 225, an xtr is 450. at least at my LBS. but the xtr isnt anywhere near twice as good, and i am SURE not twice as expensive to make. and you guys buy into this crap. the Jr. T doesn't suck. it kicks ass. it doesn't kick as much ass as an 888, but it still kicks ass. and my wedge i've got is even pretty damn good. and when that jagbag the other day said 888's suck, and everybody he knows thinks 888's suck, well then you have finally reached the last level where even the best is crap.

Teenage Dirtbag
    damn straight man, well said
    I'm sittin' down here in the campfire light...with the ghost of Tom Joad...

Pro Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by northoceanbeach
    .................................... i walk away feeling like somebody just stuck their hand down my pants and felt around.................................
    now that's my kind of LBS........

Disco-Superfly
    holy crap that like totally made sence!
    man seriously, that was awsome.
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

Former Noob Herder
    no JrTs still suck
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslingger
    no doubt you must have majored in english or something rad!!!

Chillin the Most
    Jan 2004
    the Jr. T doesn't suck. it kicks ass.
    Compared to what? A rigid fork, maybe. But compared to a 888, Super T or a Shiver, it s#cks.

Saying something sucks, is a relative term. If you have no comparison than yeah the Jr.T is probably a great fork. But unfortunately that isn't the case and thus you are left with the fact that Jr.T sucks compared to most other triple clamp forks and even a few single crowns, Z150 comes to mind.

Former Noob Herder
    Quote Originally Posted by red5
    Compared to what? A rigid fork, maybe. But compared to a 888, Super T or a Shiver, it s#cks.

Saying something sucks, is a relative term. If you have no comparison than yeah the Jr.T is probably a great fork. But unfortunately that isn't the case and thus you are left with the fact that Jr.T sucks compared to most other triple clamp forks and even a few single crowns, Z150 comes to mind.
    no kidding....when i was 9 i was the first kid in school to get a mtb, a Pinto OMPAX that my dad bought at Pascals hardware store....it F-ing rocked!!!!

i mean sure i bent the fork in 2 when jumping and only weighed a 100 pounds at the time but still...

rider
    Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    no kidding....when i was 9 i was the first kid in school to get a mtb, a Pinto OMPAX that my dad bought at Pascals hardware store....it F-ing rocked!!!!

i mean sure i bent the fork in 2 when jumping and only weighed a 100 pounds at the time but still...
    whoa sh*t u weighed 100 pounds at age nine?
    "who vants a mustache ride?"

north bush biker

things do suck

i thought my jrt rocked and then i got my super t. you notice the difference. in fact i thought my norco drop rocked. ($1500) brand new. but then i hand to try the shore and it rocked. still i think my bike is alright... the latest and greatist is always great. there is always new products coming out for biking. some of them work and some of them don't
    RIDE HARD,RIDE FAST

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    i think some of you techies are getting a little carried away with your bike parts. everything sucks according to you except the best, newest fad. you got me thinking that my bike sucked.(02 stinky). and i was looking into getting a jr.t, but no they suck. and i almost snapped when i was reading the new flow magazine and it ahad a stinky primo review. yes the 3600 dollar primo. and it concluded by saying that they are a great entry level FR bike. ok if you have to spend 3600 bucks to get an entry level bike than there is something seriously wrong with this sport, and more specifically, the raping the manufacturers are giving us when they set their prices. everytime i buy something new i just get molested. i walk away feeling like somebody just stuck their hand down my pants and felt around. the price jump on upper end items jumps too much compared to the jump in quality. if an XT crank is 225, an xtr is 450. at least at my LBS. but the xtr isnt anywhere near twice as good, and i am SURE not twice as expensive to make. and you guys buy into this crap. the Jr. T doesn't suck. it kicks ass. it doesn't kick as much ass as an 888, but it still kicks ass. and my wedge i've got is even pretty damn good. and when that jagbag the other day said 888's suck, and everybody he knows thinks 888's suck, well then you have finally reached the last level where even the best is crap.
    you have some good points and junior t's are okay forks, but you don't see many bike manufacturers cruising around in limos and living in mansions. just my 0.02

Disco-Superfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride To The Hills
    yes he was.
    well hes like 36 now(guessing)
    so that means 9 years old 100 pounds...
    times 6 = 36 years old and
    400 pounds!
    im sramt!
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

Removed at birth
    Retail is for suckers. If you ask around, you'll find that very few of the people who post here actually pay retail for anything. Time for you to get hooked up.....then you can say your Jr. T sucks, when you just picked up a Shiver for $500.00.
    Peace out! War In!

Former Noob Herder
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride To The Hills
    ok i dont know how much i weighed...christ its not like i kept a diary

TNC
    noMAD man

Now wait a minute NOB...

Wasn't that you just the other day whose girl friend shuttled you back and forth on a good downhill trail, and you complained about getting bounced around so hard that your eyeballs were shaking and your hands and wrists hurt? I'm drawing from memory here, and I'm old, so I may be mistaken that it was your post--I'm too old and lazy to go back and search for it, and I don't know what fork you were using. If it was you, I wonder why your eyeballs and wrists were getting shaken so hard. Actually your comments above are both right and wrong. I had an '02 Jr.T, and it is so much better than the '95 Judy and RST Hi5 that I had in the '90's. Compared to the '02 Super T internals that I installed into that Jr.T, however, it does suck "comparitively". Does a Jr.T work? Yes it does. It absorbs irregularities fairly well, and it's stiff. If you're satisfied with a component that "works well", then don't worry about spending more money for something more technically advanced if you don't think it's worth it. But just making that statement or having that philosophy doesn't make the higher priced and more technologically advanced component a waste. I'd agree that we have it pretty good nowdays as far as most bikes and components are concerned. There's still some junk out there, but it seems to diminish daily. And your XT vs. XTR assessment is one that many would agree with. I've never understood why XTR is priced that much higher than XT for a lot of the group parts. But specifically back to your Jr.T issue and some other component cost issues, think about this. The difference in a pair of similar but different forks like the Jr.T and Super T can actually save your butt on a treacherous, rocky downhill. When the difference in the quality of one component over another can actually keep you from crashing, it's worth the extra fun factor, the saved skin and bone, and the extra money.

mtbr member
    one word to the writer of this thread...

WORD!!!!

New project, TBA shortly
    It's all relative... A Jr T performs like a $500 fork, and an 888 performs like an $1100 fork. Is a $200,000 car really 10 times better than a $20,000 one? Depends, can you afford the $200,000 one? A Jr T is a great fork like a Hyndai is a great car. If you have something worse, it's something to look up to. If you can afford somethign better, you will appreciate the differences. The Jr T is AMAZING compared to SR Suntours, lower quality single crown forks, etc. Compared to an 888, it sucks. However the 888 sucks compared to a 2005 Dorado X-Works (aaaaack!! relax it's just an example!!!!!!), and the X-Works sucks compared to an Avalanche DH8, which probably sucks compared to the custom Showa fork on Minaar's bike. Everything sucks, or nothing sucks, really. Hope this helps.

Pro Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    now that's my kind of LBS........
    but seriously though, i know this guy who kills anything on a Mongoose with a pimp RS Judy TT that he bought from walmart...........
    Last edited by .WestCoastHucker.; 01-23-2007 at 10:02 AM.

Chillin the Most
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by TNC
    Wasn't that you just the other day whose girl friend shuttled you back and forth on a good downhill trail, and you complained about getting bounced around so hard that your eyeballs were shaking and your hands and wrists hurt?
    Yep that was him...here you go

so yesterday i had my girlfriend shuttle me up this volcano 3 times. the run down is 5 miles and you lose 2500 ft. it's through really pretty ranchland with panaramic views of the ocean. she had to go around on the paved road to get down and i kept trying to beat her to the bottom. never made it though, but each run i kept getting closer. so the first part is dusty, grassy, with roots and boulders, but the second half is more big lose rocks. they are about fist size to slightly smaller for about half a mile and i find myself gettin seriously vibrated. so much so that i can't really see because everything is shaking around. also i seem to not have good traction. it's almost like i am slipping around with little control from being on the lose rocks. any tips to get dug in better? also the bottom of my fingers hurt like hell. does this happen to anyone else? what can you do about it?

thread for reference.. http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=49638

Former Noob Herder
    and i find myself gettin seriously vibrated. so much so that i can't really see because everything is shaking around. also i seem to not have good traction. it's almost like i am slipping around with little control from being on the lose rocks. any tips to get dug in better?
    yes, get rid of the crappy JrT

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    yes, get rid of the crappy JrT
    he has a wedge and i think he wants a junior t.

Former Noob Herder
    Quote Originally Posted by matt
    he has a wedge and i think he wants a junior t.
    then why'd he say the JrT kicks ass? and why do i care?

Bighit Evangalest

Super Junior

I just upgraded my Jr.T to a Super T and I am waiting to be picked up to go test it out right now. For a long time anything more than a Jr.T would have been overkill for my skill level. Now I have outgrown it so it was time to upgrade.
    If a fork is doing everything you want it to for the amount of money you can afford to spend then its a great fork. If you have complaints then you need to look at either a different/better parrelell fork or an upgraded one. My Jr.T served me well and I am sure it will serve the dude I sold it to well, untill his skills outgrow it too.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To feel no fear denotes a lack of intellegence.
    True courage is feeling the fear and doing it anyway.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    then why'd he say the JrT kicks ass? and why do i care?
    just thought you'd like to know.
    i guess i was wrong

Former Noob Herder
    Quote Originally Posted by matt
    just thought you'd like to know.
    i guess i was wrong
    wasn't jive-doggin on ya bro, just fashizen my nizzlen, word?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    wasn't jive-doggin on ya bro, just fashizen my nizzlen, word?
    no worries..

mtbr member
    May 2004
    awesome thread man big props....and its funny cus i was gonna post something just like this. And ure totally rit and if u look at old mtb movies u see that people where using much less quality equipment compared to todays "standards" and yea u get fooled by some of todays riders and companies to buy something u dont really need but also , standards are being set higher and higher because riding is progressing so much faster and turning into much bigger stunts. And its somewhat of a personal preference sport u can either choose what u want .... or what u need.

Doesnt ride Banshees
    Bikes and new components are always great when you first get them. I used to think my 02 stinky with my boxxer race was the sweetest bike ever. Now, if i hoped on the same bike after knowing what i know and riding what i am then i'd just laugh and say "wow that bike feels like complete sh*t". As for the prices, yeah, they suck ass, this part of the sport is expensive, just gotta deal with it, ranting about it wont make the prices go down. The rattling around so hard it feels like your eyeballs are going to pop out comment, pick a smoother line next time

TNC
    noMAD man
    WCH, that's always an interesting observation. I know what you mean. You see a guy on some $300 hardtail schooling riders in a tough off road section when everyone else is riding $2000+ full suspension bikes. But as I always think...man, what if that guy was riding a better bike. It's not that the guy's not having fun.

Renegade of Krunk
    Quote Originally Posted by thebikedoctor33
    one word to the writer of this thread...

WORD!!!!
    Exactly!

I think its funny how people make it sound like you've got to have atleast a $3,000 bike to be any good. I'm riding a Raleigh Ram 2.0 (cheap ass FS I got for $360) and am jumping stuff that kids with bikes that cost a lot more then mine did can't do.

Sure the Jr T. isnt top of the line but unless you are doing hardcore freeriding/downhill it's not going to be a problem. I started off thinking that you had to have a whole bunch of nice components on your bike to be "good" but now I have a brain and discovered thats not always true..If you are a featherweight like me and dont break things on your bike that wouldn't last seconds with a heavier rider

BUT, I am hoping to pick up one of the Soul Cycles frame and a Sherman Flick (if I get it discounted from a friend) and if not I will probablly pick up the new I think manitou that has 130mm of travel and costs around $350 or so..But hell if was making a lot more money then I am now so that I could afford top of the line stuff, I would buy it. Bling bling factor

Hung Like a Lightswitch
    Feb 2004
    God I love it when you post stuff like WCH!!!!!

Hey, I'm over 100 posts now; yeah me!

Jm.
    mtbr member
    There's a certain threshold that I have, I consider stuff below the threshold to be "junk", and stuff above to be "worthy", with different levels of each.

As an example, sun rims. Some are ok, but some are just time bombs. Not worth the money due to the time-bomb effect. Another example, romic rear shock. Works good when it works, but many of them are doomed from the beginning. From a functional standpoing, I'd rather have a fox vanilla, even though it doesn't have as many bells and whistles.

The Jr T fits into the "junk" catagory, because it doesn't work in a certain speed range. It's like junking 4th and 5th gear in your car. There's a certain speed range where the thing flat out doesn't work. It feels like it has about 2" of travel in this speed range, and it's not even a "good" 2" of travel. It's a useless fork IMO. Sure, it feels as good as any other marzocchi at 5mph, but it isn't made to perform at all speed ranges, and that is something that I can never compramise on. A Z1 or Z150 is about the same amount, and a MUCH better fork. Sure, it doesn't have the dual crown stiffness, but with the Jr T that is what they are selling, the "poser-DC-fork" effect.

My Iron Horse was a pretty good bike, but in this line of thinking the front fork (boxxer race) was well below the rest of the bike as far as performance and capability. Nearly any rear shock will be just fine on high speed impacts and at a range of speeds, but the front fork was like the Jr T, it gets to a speed where everything starts to feel terrible, harsh, and in the simplest sence, it doesn't work (suspend).

Everybody should have fun with their bike, but cheap bikes are cheap for a reason. You can have a cheaper bike that performs well at many different speeds, but certain products (like the Jr T) flat out do not perform at certain speed ranges. I'll continue to advise people at my shop and online of the good alternatives to the Jr T, so they can have a good fork for a similer amount of money.

It's actually hard to come up with a real good analogy for the Jr T, because there are not many other parts of the bike that when you get up to a certain speed, do not work.
    I know in my heart that Ellsworth bikes are more durable by as much as double. AND they are all lighter...Tony Ellsworth

BJ-
    Rota Imports
    i have to agree and disagree...

JNR-Ts are a tough subject and allways will be...the war between they suck and dont suck will only end when there taken off the production line...

but my mate (D)avo rides an AC3 with JNR-Ts with a rock shock pro coil deluxe rear shock...now this bike by many ppls standards and opinions would "suck" and it does in many ways...the head angle is retarded...the rear shock is crap and his JNR-T like all go to the shi!ter when you crank up the speed...but its not what hes riding but what the lil smart ass can do on it...and well he does it...i dont know anyone else who can land 20' ft drops in manuals...bunny hop over letter boxes etc...

and even then...EV and AL both have stock stinkys and pull biggger moves than most ppl i know would ever dream of doing on a stinky (for example a huck we built the other day...you launch about 20'ft out and fall 10-16'ft depending on how far you land down the tranny...now tell me ud do that on a stock stinky) and i have to admit the drop off for a fork does suck but i dont even notice how badly it peforms half the time (especially when dropping...hucking...jumping or doing light DH) when full on DHing on there bikes...there good solid lil rides...and for 3000 in australia no other bike for the same ammount of cold hard cash will even compare to how much those things absaloutly kick ass...

did anyone ever notice that the kona clump team...some of the worlds recognised and taleted FRers (Grant Allen...Robbie Bourdan...Dave Watson etc) untill 888s came out they ALL RAN SUPER-Ts...not shivers or monsters but SUPER-Ts...and if a SUPER-T is good enough for robbie bourdon to huck off a 40'ft cliff then it would sure as hell be good enough for me and my 20'ft drops...

sure i wreckon JNR-Ts suck and have said it many times...but there good bloody forks for the money you pay...just as a SHIVER is also a good bloddy fork for the ammount of money you pay...especially if you get it brand new (and it sets you back 2000+ aus) new things are kool...maily because there new...and shiny...but unless ur riding a super pro DH mongoose with SHOCKER forks...then in actual fact...it doesnt suck just isnt as good as other bikes...

i now hope all you ppl with bullets can sleep at night...hehehhehehe
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    everybody was dressed nice...I had shorts, Rogue T-shirt and sandles

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    but seriously though, i know this guy who kills anything on a Mongoose with a pimp RS Judy TT that he bought from walmart...........
    Balls Of Steel.
    "What would happen to the Weather Channel's ratings if people werent scared anymore?"

Former Noob Herder
    ok for now on, in the interest of political correctness and to not offend anyone, everything will be considered amazing and flawless for now on....

TNC
    noMAD man

Hey NOB, where are you?

You brought up a pretty interesting issue here that generated a fair amount of interesting responses, but I haven't seen any interaction back from you on any of the points. Don't throw a grenade, and then leave the field of battle...LOL! and it was a good grenade. Anyway, a good discussion with honest differences of opinion is always a good thing. The prices and the relative value of today's bikes and components is definitely an issue for most of us, and it looks like this year it will be an even bigger one. We just got all of our dealer stuff recently, and it looks like a lot of product has definitely gone up in price. I'm also disturbed that other than Haro, our brands have dropped some of their decent entry level FS bikes or raised the price by $150-$200. But all things considered, like I said initially, we've got it pretty good overall. I guess you just picked a sore spot by bringing up the Jr.T as an example. Most people that have had them and then rode anything with better damping (most other forks) definitely have a strong opinion about them.

Former Noob Herder
    about prices: manufacturing costs have gone up for everything; higher energy costs, dollar exchanges, etc. Its also market demand; people want fancier things (because we are materialist whores), so prices go up because of the inherant costs. BUT, buying a fully loaded entry/mid-level bike as never been so cheap as far as value goes, when you buy from the high volume bike giants.

TNC
    noMAD man

Materialistic whore???!!!

about prices: manufacturing costs have gone up for everything; higher energy costs, dollar exchanges, etc. Its also market demand; people want fancier things (because we are materialist whores), so prices go up because of the inherant costs. BUT, buying a fully loaded entry/mid-level bike as never been so cheap as far as value goes, when you buy from the high volume bike giants.
    So what's your point? Hehehe! Yeah, we have it good, but I think '04 product was the high water mark for value (read cheap). Hey, on this same topic this Fox DHX that I just picked up caused me to notice something. Fox's forks seem relatively expensive, but their shocks (even their best) are pretty darned reasonable. I wonder why the disparity? Are they made by different elements in the factory or something?

Former Noob Herder
    Quote Originally Posted by TNC
    So what's your point? Hehehe! Yeah, we have it good, but I think '04 product was the high water mark for value (read cheap). Hey, on this same topic this Fox DHX that I just picked up caused me to notice something. Fox's forks seem relatively expensive, but their shocks (even their best) are pretty darned reasonable. I wonder why the disparity? Are they made by different elements in the factory or something?
    I think this might be a case of shear OEM volume, where the DHX will basically replace the Vanillas (but still keep 3 flavours), and can keep (most of) the same basic manufacturing processes/facilities. Also when you consider there is no real 'low-end' Forx, its fairly comparable to the other makers no?

Jm.
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BJ-
    sure i wreckon JNR-Ts suck and have said it many times...but there good bloody forks for the money you pay
    No, a Manitou Slider is a bloody good fork for the price you pay. The new Stance Kingpin seems like it will be a good fork for the price you pay (TPC+ damping in a dual crown for around $500). A Z150 and Z1 are a good fork for the price you pay.

When you buy a Jr T, you have just bought a product that does not work in a certain speed range and stubstancially worse than many products for the same amount of money.

Drops and jumps are where the SSV works ok, they are not high-speed impacts.
    I know in my heart that Ellsworth bikes are more durable by as much as double. AND they are all lighter...Tony Ellsworth

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    sorry, spent yesterday surfing like all day, and last night i came and only had time to read the responses. i like what you guys have said, but i think some of you missed my point.-only one guy actually explained why the jrT sucked, so to him i guess it sucked, but alot of people just said "it still sucks". but regardless this wasn't just about the Jr. T, that just happened to be the shock i was looking into, and the highest priced one i could afford, or would want to spend at least.

so red5 thought it was cute to try to prove me wrong by reposting my downhilll shakemup story. but like the other guy said, next time, pick a different line. so i guess i can't blame the fork but it's me that sucks. but i bought this used stinky for 550 bucks, and i have written befoore how the LBS is about the biggest bunch of idiots. and this was one of their rental bikes. so i think front and rear, any shock that is abused for two years and given back to a store that can't figure out how to adjust it, is not going to be all it should be after that time.

i always wanted to windsurf, but i never bought a board because for the whole package, you have to spend about 2500. i don't want biking to be the same. if you overcomplicate things and it just becomes a big corporate **** off then i think you lose some fun. and i don['t try to impress anyone, i just want to have fun. "bling bling" is nothing to me. i get exited about bike stuff too, and was reall happy to get that stinky, and i though about spending about a thousand bucks and making it killer. but it wouldn't rerally be orth it. i'm going to go riding today. and i'm sure i'll have fun regardless.

TNC
    noMAD man

And I'll bet you will have fun.

sorry, spent yesterday surfing like all day, and last night i came and only had time to read the responses. i like what you guys have said, but i think some of you missed my point.-only one guy actually explained why the jrT sucked, so to him i guess it sucked, but alot of people just said "it still sucks". but regardless this wasn't just about the Jr. T, that just happened to be the shock i was looking into, and the highest priced one i could afford, or would want to spend at least.

so red5 thought it was cute to try to prove me wrong by reposting my downhilll shakemup story. but like the other guy said, next time, pick a different line. so i guess i can't blame the fork but it's me that sucks. but i bought this used stinky for 550 bucks, and i have written befoore how the LBS is about the biggest bunch of idiots. and this was one of their rental bikes. so i think front and rear, any shock that is abused for two years and given back to a store that can't figure out how to adjust it, is not going to be all it should be after that time.

i always wanted to windsurf, but i never bought a board because for the whole package, you have to spend about 2500. i don't want biking to be the same. if you overcomplicate things and it just becomes a big corporate **** off then i think you lose some fun. and i don['t try to impress anyone, i just want to have fun. "bling bling" is nothing to me. i get exited about bike stuff too, and was reall happy to get that stinky, and i though about spending about a thousand bucks and making it killer. but it wouldn't rerally be orth it. i'm going to go riding today. and i'm sure i'll have fun regardless.
    Remember that's why most of us come here to read and post. We all want to have fun and more of it if possible. It doesn't take a $4000 bike to have fun. But also remember this is also a place to have technical discussions about the pros and cons on bikes, techniques, and components. It's all fun and hopefully informative. My best bike is probably my '03 silver Bullit. That bike is not the best bike available when compared to everything that is out there. I'm not running out to buy the best thing out there because this one is working pretty darned good. I do, however, like to read about the best and worst out there, if for no other reason that to get a perspective. It's all good and no reason to get bummed when someone else differs with us--as long as the response is reasonably civil. Except for Zedro...you never know where he's coming from...

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    oh absolutely, don't get me wrong, i like to read your reviews and drool over the parts i want in bike mags and online. it's not that i take this too seriously, but like you said, we like to come here to post and have fun, so that is just what i was doing, but instead of talking about a new part, i was talking about something i had been thinking about, the cost and necessity of those new parts. if there wasn't other stuff i wanted to do i would soop up my bike whether my skill level needed it or not, and i'm sure sometime i will.

Chillin the Most
    Jan 2004
    so red5 thought it was cute to try to prove me wrong by reposting my downhilll shakemup story.
    Actually, I only posted it because TNC referenced it and after reading it I thought others may enjoy reading it for reference too. I don't have to prove anything, the crappy dampening of the Jr.T fork speaks for itself. Ride a Shiver or a 888 and see if your opinion of the Jr is still the same.

Personally, if you like the Jr.T and think it's the bomb then good on you. Obviously, if it works for you then that's why you like it. It didn't work for me and I've found much better forks for my riding style, so for me and in my opinion the Junior T sucks.