Does your super t do this........- Mtbr.com
    Say Car Ramrod!!
    Jan 2004

Does your super t do this........

mine when i set it on the ground sinks down about 5-7 mm. and then when i pick it up off the ground it rebounds to full extension. is this the negative travel i am experiencing or is sumthing in my fork eff'd?

the dude
    I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself...

Uhhhhh...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude
    mine when i set it on the ground sinks down about 5-7 mm. and then when i pick it up off the ground it rebounds to full extension. is this the negative travel i am experiencing or is sumthing in my fork eff'd?

the dude
    Mine did and still does.
    Fayetteville, AR and N.W.A RePrEsEnT

Schmeow Productions
    not neccicarily what is up with yours, but my friends shot psylo does that.....

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Is it weird that when I set mine down it settles all the way to the bottom of its stroke and oil spurts out of the adjuster caps?

Nah just playin'; from what it sounds like, there is no problem with yours. Although there is no way to be for sure unless you pull it apart though...

TNC
    noMAD man

My Super & Monster both do.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude

the dude
    Both of my dual crown Marz forks do this. If you have springs that are not fairly heavy/stiff, it's not uncommon at all. Both of mine have fairly moderate springs in them for rocky, aggressive trail conditions. If I had fairly stiff springs in them for hucking or stunts, they might not. This is called static sag...a small bit of sag induced by bike's weight alone. You ought to check out static sag on a dirt motorcycle...they have a very noticeable amount.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    In the motorcycle world, it is completely normal. It's actually needed in a properly setup bike.

Do those forks have preload adjustments?

On a motorcycle - if you set your race-sag (with you on the bike), you also need to check the sag of the bike alone. I think it's called static sag, or something like that. If you raise the bike off the ground, and drop it back down -- if you get no sag at all, your springs are too SOFT. They're too soft because you're putting too much preload on them to get your race-sag in spec. If you go with heavier springs, you'll get your race-sag, AND you'll gain back the bike-only sag because you'll be using less preload.

Again, in motorcycle land you don't want the springs 'topping out' like that - it beats up the suspension components.

I don't know how much of this applies to mountain bikes... but...

gnar, brah
    yup, it is static sag. Remember that your bike probably weighs a good deal, at least 40 pounds or so, and that weight is supported by the suspension (not all of it really, but you get the idea)
    Trestle Bike Park