Does Bootleg Have a Lift?- Mtbr.com
    bike rider

Does Bootleg Have a Lift?

There's no info on their site about a chairlift, hours of operation, or prices.
    Keep the Country country.

I gotta pee
    They use a truck to shuttle you up the hill. And you still have to hike to the very top

mtbr member
    If only we had some sort of drivetrain to get to the top of hills.......

bike rider
    Quote Originally Posted by 006_007
    If only we had some sort of drivetrain to get to the top of hills.......
    If only you had a brain. There are pics of people riding DH bikes. This is a DH forum. I'm bringing a DH bike. If I wanted to go for an XC or AM ride there are closer places.

So how much do they charge for a day?

mtbr member
    $5 a run. And you can only pay for one run at a time. They used to charge $30 for all day, but too many people were leaving early due to mech or injury, and wanting their money back. It was hard to keep track sometimes of how much money to refund. So, for both riders and driver, $5 a run works out much better.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mjsca07
    $5 a run. And you can only pay for one run at a time. They used to charge $30 for all day, but too many people were leaving early due to mech or injury, and wanting their money back. It was hard to keep track sometimes of how much money to refund. So, for both riders and driver, $5 a run works out much better.
    That is actually not so bad. But I can just imagine some dude accidentally leaving his bag open with 5 dollar bills just flowing behind him while thrashing. It would make for a bling photo for sure though.
    Just keep pedaling, don't stop pedaling.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelandjt
    If only you had a brain. There are pics of people riding DH bikes. This is a DH forum. I'm bringing a DH bike. If I wanted to go for an XC or AM ride there are closer places.

So how much do they charge for a day?

LOL, the road up there isnt that bad a grade. Feel free to put yer pannies back on and get your shuttle

Antitheist & Kitten lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamatt
    They use a truck to shuttle you up the hill. And you still have to hike to the very top
    It's a 7 minute push at the beginning of the day, and a 10 minute push at the end
    Race Mojo Wheels | Read VitalMTB

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Keep the Country country. Unless it's to put in a lift right? Go back to Hawaii.

Glad to Be Alive
    I read somewhere that Bootleg actually
    has a lift but it will cost over a million dollars to install (5 years back)
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonvelocity
    It's a 7 minute push at the beginning of the day, and a 10 minute push at the end
    and very easy too after they drop you off
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    I read somewhere that Bootleg actually
    has a lift but it will cost over a million dollars to install (5 years back)
    That's the rumor around here. I always envision some lift in storage collecting dust. That poor lift will never see the light of day due to the city's constant budget constraints.

UNDEAD
    Hopefully they got a new truck since the last time we dealt with that place.
    They have 1-2 POS trucks that barely make it up that fireroad to the top. Tranny just stops working, slips or threatens to die. Total joke.
    We've been there at time's when we use to pay $25 for the day and they'd tell us at 2pm that your done, trucks got issues.
    Have not been back since.

Shuttle yourselves....it's free and you don't have to depend on them.

oh...and no lift, just the thought of that place having a lift scares the hell outta me (lifties)
    and yes...they did have a lift at one time donated to them. but again...money/insurance/set-up costs made it impossible.

bike rider
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtwhip
    Keep the Country country. Unless it's to put in a lift right? Go back to Hawaii.
    What are you, retarded? This place isn't wilderness, it's a bike park that's advertised as a travel destination for DHers. You must be new so let me explain. DH bikes are ONLY ridden downhill. To get to the top you gotta push, drive, or ride a lift.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by snow-man
    Hopefully they got a new truck since the last time we dealt with that place.
    They have 1-2 POS trucks that barely make it up that fireroad to the top. Tranny just stops working, slips or threatens to die. Total joke.
    We've been there at time's when we use to pay $25 for the day and they'd tell us at 2pm that your done, trucks got issues.
    Have not been back since.

oh...and no lift, just the thought of that place having a lift scares the hell outta me (lifties)
    and yes...they did have a lift at one time donated to them. but again...money/insurance/set-up costs made it impossible.
    I am not sure what is scarier - the vehicles that they use that constantly break down (I assume they use the same vehicles that are constantly giving trouble during interbike?) or the thought of a "donated" lift. Who the hell donates a lift? What kind of scary item would that be.............

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelandjt
    What are you, retarded? This place isn't wilderness, it's a bike park that's advertised as a travel destination for DHers. You must be new so let me explain. DH bikes are ONLY ridden downhill. To get to the top you gotta push, drive, or ride a lift.

Wow, why all the anger lela? Lack of brain, retarded, all because some people poke a bit of fun at you for shuttling?

As for DH bikes being ridden ONLY downhill I call BS to that - come to the shore and on any given day you will see lots of em being PEDALED up Fromme.

As was suggested, bring your own shuttle vehicles if possible - you will have way more flexibility that way.

bike rider
    Actually, living in a ski town, that subject comes up a lot. Every summer at least one ski resort in North America replaces a double or triple fixed grip lift with a high speed detachable quad, lift towers and all. Most of the time this is done for marketing and to appease guests, not because the old lift was at the end of its service life. We always joke about picking one up for a co-op kind of ski/bike mtn.

Now with More Wood
    I am not sure what is scarier - the vehicles that they use that constantly break down (I assume they use the same vehicles that are constantly giving trouble during interbike?) or the thought of a "donated" lift. Who the hell donates a lift? What kind of scary item would that be.............
    From Russia with love...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    The vehicles used for Interbike and events are 22 foot flatbeds rented from a local place (Ahern Rental). The vehicle used on regular weekends is All Mountain Cyclery's truck. Big difference. Not enough people ride there now to justify buying a new truck. Between the vehicle and the annual fee they pay to operate a business there, it's a difficult situation.

The road is very rough on vehicles. When I put on a race there last February I rented 3 of those 22 foot flatbeds, and 1 of them broke on day 1. The damage on the 1 truck alone cost me well over $500.00. Ouch!
    Downhill Mike
    Whiteface Mountain Bike Park
    www.downhillmike.com
    Open 7 days a week!

mtbr member
    So we are allowed to shuttle with our own cars? I dont remember the road be wide enough for 2 cars.

mtbr member
    Yes many people self shuttle. At spots it's not wide enough for 2 cars. After you pass the mid level parking lot be careful as the road gets narrower. If you get in a tight spot you may have to back up is another vehicle is coming.
    If there is an event going on (2-13 & 2-14) shuttling may not be allowed. Then it's up to the promoter.
    Downhill Mike
    www.downhillmike.com
    Open 7 days a week!

mtbr member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by snow-man

It's only free if you borrow a car/truck and the owner of the vehicle pays for the gas and repairs.Haha:
    Downhill Mike
    www.downhillmike.com
    Open 7 days a week!

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Quote Originally Posted by MTB_prodigy
    So we are allowed to shuttle with our own cars? I dont remember the road be wide enough for 2 cars.
    Plenty wide...unless you're driving a Hummer and need to pass. Got to watch around the corners though.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

MyBikeStand.com
    A lift would be son nice...standing the back of that truck up the hill is workout enough for you legs....then there is till a good hike!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog
    Plenty wide...unless you're driving a Hummer and need to pass. Got to watch around the corners though.

Hey, shut the front door you rif raft!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WingNutt
    A lift would be son nice...standing the back of that truck up the hill is workout enough for you legs....then there is till a good hike!

Haha, you're not kidding. I've garbageman'ed it many times on that thing. Sounds like you ride a lot up there. What bike you ride? I probably know you and vice versa.

mtbr member
    Bootleg with a lift= Bike mecca!!
    I'd move there tonight!
    [URL="http://www.facebook.com/pages/Canfield-Brothers-Downhill-BikesC2-Components/163956136971393"]

MyBikeStand.com
    mjsca07.....I don't get up there near enough. I have a baby blue Transition BottleRocket. I was up last week.. I may go up next weekend...depends on how my bruises and knee heal. Pretty bad wreck last week.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I'm sure with the right amount of money, or a few bags of crack, you could probually find a few hookers to tugg you up the zip line.
    The guy yo' momma "act" like she don't know!

Professional Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by mjsca07
    They used to charge $30 for all day, but too many people were leaving early due to mech or injury, and wanting their money back.
    Wow, I wanna meet those people so I can punch them in the face, that's pathetic.

Members who have read this thread: 0