Does any one have pics or have info on how much volume 1.95 k-rads have?- Mtbr.com
    Say Car Ramrod!!
    Jan 2004

Does any one have pics or have info on how much volume 1.95 k-rads have?

i have a blk mrkt mob and the widest tire i can run safely is like a 2.1, i have been running some 2.0s and they work awesome on this frame, bu i am interested in some 1.95 k-rads and was wondering if anyone has pictures of one mounted or can give me input to how much volume they have?

thanx
    I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself...

gnar, brah
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude
    i have a blk mrkt mob and the widest tire i can run safely is like a 2.1, i have been running some 2.0s and they work awesome on this frame, bu i am interested in some 1.95 k-rads and was wondering if anyone has pictures of one mounted or can give me input to how much volume they have?

thanx
    not a clue, but I would like to take this opportunity to brag about the 2.3 K-Rads I just ordered for my hardtail. 1.95s should fit fine, if not, then that frame should never have recieved all of the glowing reviews I keep hearing. as an urban assault bike, it should fit up to 2.5s if you ask me. 2.1 is pretty small for aggressive riding. That's what I use for hardpack XC riding.
    Trestle Bike Park

Say Car Ramrod!!
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrewpalooza
    not a clue, but I would like to take this opportunity to brag about the 2.3 K-Rads I just ordered for my hardtail. 1.95s should fit fine, if not, then that frame should never have recieved all of the glowing reviews I keep hearing. as an urban assault bike, it should fit up to 2.5s if you ask me. 2.1 is pretty small for aggressive riding. That's what I use for hardpack XC riding.

well it rides fine with 2.0s u just have to be smoother i guess...

gnar, brah
    well it rides fine with 2.0s u just have to be smoother i guess...
    I don't know, I still kind of think that is a drawback for such a high-end frame. If you can live with it, more power to you. I currently run 2.0s on my urban bike as well, but like I said, those are getting replaced by 2.3 K-Rads.
    Trestle Bike Park

Say Car Ramrod!!
    Jan 2004
    I don't know, I still kind of think that is a drawback for such a high-end frame. If you can live with it, more power to you. I currently run 2.0s on my urban bike as well, but like I said, those are getting replaced by 2.3 K-Rads.
    yea i have some 2.3 k-rads and i wouldave run then 4 sure but since 2.0 is all run i have adapted. and i landed my 1st 360 today.

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    Gee..not to start sh!t or anything but why are you asking about 1.95 tires in the DOWNHILL forum???

Pro Crastinator
    ........how much volume do they have?
    my homie has some and he always has them cranked up to 10, but i heard you could set them up to be louder....

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    my homie has some and he always has them cranked up to 10, but i heard you could set them up to be louder....
    I heard they go to 11

gnar, brah
    Quote Originally Posted by Khemical
    I heard they go to 11

"our amps go to eleven."

"but why not just make 10 louder?"

"but ours go to eleven!"
    Trestle Bike Park

Soul Cycles
    Jan 2005
    i love spinal tap. hahhahahahah
    SELLING-

Manitou Stance Statioc

Huricane FORK UP

Tioga XC Rims Still in wrap

Soul Cycles
    Jan 2005
    btw, my friend has em on his stp, they work nicely
    SELLING-

Manitou Stance Statioc

Huricane FORK UP

Tioga XC Rims Still in wrap

Schmeow Productions
    why would you need to run 2.5's on an urban bike? unless you do mad stair gaps(but i can even do stairs w/ 1.95's)

gnar, brah
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    why would you need to run 2.5's on an urban bike? unless you do mad stair gaps(but i can even do stairs w/ 1.95's)
    A very simple and widely acknowledged rule is that the more aggressive the riding, the higher volume the tire. Limiting riders to what is essentially an XC-specific tire size on a frame made for aggressive riding doesn't seem logical to me. I've ridden urban exstensively on both a set of 2.1s and a set of 2.3s, and, without a doubt, the 2.3s are much better for the job. The strength of the sidewall is the main issue. In my experience, narrower tires just don't have the meat on the sides to cut it most of the time. Think about it...do you really WANT to run 1.95s on an urban bike or are you just saying its possible. But why sell yourself short? Its a compromise you don't have to make.
    Trestle Bike Park

Schmeow Productions
    A very simple and widely acknowledged rule is that the more aggressive the riding, the higher volume the tire. Limiting riders to what is essentially an XC-specific tire size on a frame made for aggressive riding doesn't seem logical to me. I've ridden urban exstensively on both a set of 2.1s and a set of 2.3s, and, without a doubt, the 2.3s are much better for the job. The strength of the sidewall is the main issue. In my experience, narrower tires just don't have the meat on the sides to cut it most of the time. Think about it...do you really WANT to run 1.95s on an urban bike or are you just saying its possible. But why sell yourself short? Its a compromise you don't have to make.
    ok, i don't just ride urban, i ride park too... and for the most part, i'm running 60-70 psi so unless attemping a grind on a sharp ledge, pinchflatting souldn't be that big of a problem.
    so i guess you have a point, and i think i do too.

gnar, brah
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    ok, i don't just ride urban, i ride park too... and for the most part, i'm running 60-70 psi so unless attemping a grind on a sharp ledge, pinchflatting souldn't be that big of a problem.
    so i guess you have a point, and i think i do too.
    well, if you run that much pressure, I think tire volume becomes a mute point anyway...so in those cases, yeah, your right.
    Trestle Bike Park

Say Car Ramrod!!
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Khemical
    Gee..not to start sh!t or anything but why are you asking about 1.95 tires in the DOWNHILL forum???
    didnt u read the 1st post? or did u not see the part where i typed the biggest tire my frame will fit is a 2.1? i would run 2.3s for sure if i could but i cant which sucks so i ride what i can run.

no **** starting taken man. were all riding for the same reason.