Dnm?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Dnm?

Chinky on a Stinky
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Amazing Larry104
    are dnm forks good? my friend had a dnm shock on his old mongoose
    on his old mongoose huh? lets see if you can use deductive (or is that inductive? or w/e) resoning to figure this one out.

i see em on a ton of chinese dh bikes, especially that fork there
    Straight outta Compton..............

Team Tony Train - FR/DH Forever!!!!
    Sponsors: White Devil Syndicate (we're workin on it 'aight?)

DREAM THEATER

mtbr member

Dnm?

are dnm forks good? my friend had a dnm shock on his old mongoose
    Attached Images Attached Images
    IS THIS SOMETHING YOU CAN SHARE WITH THE REST OF US AMAZING LARRY ?!?!?!

aircooled VW FTW

crumb
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikity China
    on his old mongoose huh? lets see if you can use deductive (or is that inductive? or w/e) resoning to figure this one out.

i see em on a ton of chinese dh bikes, especially that fork there
    then again i have seen manitous in wal-mart. they make the dorado.
    ETBW
    Magura

Chinky on a Stinky
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by saviorself
    then again i have seen manitous in wal-mart. they make the dorado.
    yea but manitou makes really budjet forks and they also make good forks that are on good bikes. ive never seen a dnm, xfusion, rst, mozo, ballistic, etc. on any decent bike

DREAM THEATER

mtbr member
    DNM ... stands for DOES NOT MOVE ! you figure it out !
    Follow me on Instagram for up to date build pics -Brad4130
    Nem-Pro store
    Nem-Pro Blog

kona-tize me captain
    yea but manitou makes really budjet forks and they also make good forks that are on good bikes. ive never seen a dnm, xfusion, rst, mozo, ballistic, etc. on any decent bike

my freind bught a specialized bighit comp, that came stick with a mozo.
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

Maher-Shalal-Hash-Baz

Don't go judging just on that...

You should probably check out the rest of their line before you judge the company, just because you only see the dime-store bikes spec'd with them. I'm not going to say they outperform anything else, but their upper end stuff isn't any worse than the majority of stuff we usually see. It's like judging RockShox or Manitou only by what's at Wal-Mart. DNM's stuff has a pretty big following in Europe, especially in Motocross.

As far as Chinese stuff, most of you are probably riding Chinese frames.
    This election is like a turd in a bag on your porch... whether its a blue bag or a red bag, it's still a turd on your porch.

Meh.
    x-fusion is specced on a lot of Haros. Bighits used to be specced with mozos. A few upper end Diamondback frames used to get dnm or mozo shocks.

OH $#!% TREE!
    x fusion seems to make some pretty high end stuff, check it out at

http://www.x-fusion-shox.com

i have a haro x2 with a fox vanilla r and my friend has a x1 with an x fusion glyder and it preforms just as good as the vanilla, the only difference is in the climbing because of the pro pedal.
    Originally Posted by DJBiker

"I went to the doctor and told him "hey doc, it hurts when I go like this" and the doc said "well don't do that"

I HATE WINTER......

pwn3rator
    rst actually makes some sick (looking) forks like the sigma hill...
    http://www.rst.com.tw/product/pd2006/product2006.htm
    SOCAL UNION REPREZENT
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    does it still qualify as a mountainbike?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    I've beat beer cans on my limp pee pee.

Chinky on a Stinky
    May 2004
    wow. thx for makin me fell like a dumass

y dont u go out and buy it then? while i rock on with my good ol super t

mongoose was a sh!t company but they came out with those new black diamond craps. y dont u guys go and buy that? huh?
    Last edited by Chikity China; 08-20-2005 at 08:22 PM.

DREAM THEATER

Meh.
    Have you actually ridden the Black Diamond? It rides well, and they give you a lot for your money. Mongoose was not a **** company. Pacific bought them out and brought them downhill. Meanwhile they seemed to have retained a decent following in Europe. I have ridden Mongoose before, and however ashamed, I can't rightly complain.

RST forks had a tendency to violently top out. I don't know how that issue has been handled.

I think your logic is flawed here. No doubt that the companies do make some lower end products. But they do make some mediocre components as well. I've never ridden the high end components, so I have no right to judge them. By your logic, I can say Marzocchi sucks, because they make some spring/elastometer forks (essentially spring loaded tubes) and I've seen them on cheap bikes at sporting goods stores. But those forks are not an accurate representation of the company.

Maher-Shalal-Hash-Baz

Actually...

wow. thx for makin me fell like a dumass

y dont u go out and buy it then? while i rock on with my good ol super t

mongoose was a sh!t company but they came out with those new black diamond craps. y dont u guys go and buy that? huh?
    Just because I'm defending a company doesn't mean I'll buy from them. If someone came along and bagged on your Stinky because it's made in Taiwan, I'd stick up for Kona too.
    This election is like a turd in a bag on your porch... whether its a blue bag or a red bag, it's still a turd on your porch.

Chinky on a Stinky
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyO
    Just because I'm defending a company doesn't mean I'll buy from them. If someone came along and bagged on your Stinky because it's made in Taiwan, I'd stick up for Kona too.
    unless i see u all ride these forks and new mongooses, my pov stays

and no ones gonna bag on kona cuz theyve got a pretty decent to good reputation unlike mongoose, xfusion, rst and the like whove been makin garbage products for the past few years till now

DREAM THEATER

Former Noob Herder
    look at the WC circuit, no DNMs, no RSTs, no X-Fusions. Well actually i dont have to look at the WC, you can just look at the technology to figure it out. You wont find high end stuff with those brands (thats all they are anyways, they are like factory outlet stuff).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslingger
    no doubt you must have majored in english or something rad!!!

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    unless i see u all ride these forks and new mongooses, my pov stays

and no ones gonna bag on kona cuz theyve got a pretty decent to good reputation unlike mongoose, xfusion, rst and the like whove been makin garbage products for the past few years till now
    Just because no one is riding one doesn't mean it is nessesarily crap. Maybe the new stuff is halfway decent but no one has tried them to find out. Some of those companies make forks for the big names too.

Chinky on a Stinky
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Acme54321
    Just because no one is riding one doesn't mean it is nessesarily crap. Maybe the new stuff is halfway decent but no one has tried them to find out. Some of those companies make forks for the big names too.
    no..............its crap

kno y no 1 eats sh!t? cuz its crap.............

DREAM THEATER

mtbr member
    anyone who thinks a fork not built by the big five (rs, marz, fox, manipoo and wb) is worth it i suggest going big on it and telling us what happened.
    edit- oh i forgfot avy. make that the big 6.

livin' a lie--TIMMY!!!

Cool-blue Rhythm

Let me be the first who actually owns a DNM on my DH bike to offer my opinion.

First, check out the MTBR.com review for these forks. Most people have had the same issues with rebound adjustment including me. Adjustment is tough for the DNM fork, but once you get it dialed in the fork rocks.

Outside of that, I can hang just fine with my mates riding Dorado's, Shiver's, and the like. The fork isn't any heavier and it has air, oil, spring adjustment like most of the higher end forks The staunchions are fat as hell and there is very little flex. If you're a starving student like me and need a dependable fork at low price, then I would suggest a DNM fork.

My observations on quality: The paint on the fork is thin and the support in the U.S. is slim. I actually had to call a buddy in Australia to get the adjustment specs. The lowers have some discoloration after a year, but nothing noticeable. Outside of that, I've hit DH, Urban, and Skate parks with it and the fork does just fine.

Chinky on a Stinky
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by gigamanx
    Let me be the first who actually owns a DNM on my DH bike to offer my opinion.

First, check out the MTBR.com review for these forks. Most people have had the same issues with rebound adjustment including me. Adjustment is tough for the DNM fork, but once you get it dialed in the fork rocks.

Outside of that, I can hang just fine with my mates riding Dorado's, Shiver's, and the like. The fork isn't any heavier and it has air, oil, spring adjustment like most of the higher end forks The staunchions are fat as hell and there is very little flex. If you're a starving student like me and need a dependable fork at low price, then I would suggest a DNM fork.

My observations on quality: The paint on the fork is thin and the support in the U.S. is slim. I actually had to call a buddy in Australia to get the adjustment specs. The lowers have some discoloration after a year, but nothing noticeable. Outside of that, I've hit DH, Urban, and Skate parks with it and the fork does just fine.
    how doe sit feel compared to a shiver or dorado or w/e?

DREAM THEATER

Maher-Shalal-Hash-Baz

Which must mean...

That you didn't just limit your thinking to the companies that throw the most money into pro riders and advertising, but you actually tried something different. I definitely respect that.

I happen to build my own frames. Some people out there would be inclined to say that my frames are crap because I don't pay big bucks for high profile advertising, pro riders, or a big Interbike booth. They might figure that if my frames were good, then they would know all about them. They don't know anything about my frames or what limits I have pushed my design to. In the end, it probably doesn't matter about what is good, because most of the consumers in this sport are more interested in an image than "what is good". You could come ride with me and see, and I guarantee your mind would be changed.

This whole thread started over DNM stuff, and judgment was passed by someone who had a very limited experience with the company's product. I happen to ride a 888RC, but I think it's piss-poor to pass judgment when someone probably hasn't even hit their web page. I guess I just wouldn't think it was cool for someone to do that to me.

Of course, I'm not riding a Mongoose, but I'm not riding a Kona, Giant, Santa Cruz, or an Intense either. Go tell Eric Carter his bike sucks. He's riding Mongoose again this year.

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    In all fairness though KennyO the "Mongoose" that EC is riding isn't nearly the same piece of crap Mongoose you find at Walmart. Typically pro's frames are built by a reputable bike builder and re-badged as a Mongoose or whatever for racing purposes.

And yes, I'm aware of the new black-diamonds and think they are actually pretty cool. Makes me want to buy a Mongoose for the first time since '84
    Last edited by NorKal; 08-21-2005 at 09:59 PM.

Meh.
    Lower end Marzocchi forks are manufactured by Suntour (not part of the big 6).

Disco-Superfly
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyO
    That you didn't just limit your thinking to the companies that throw the most money into pro riders and advertising, but you actually tried something different. I definitely respect that.

I happen to build my own frames. Some people out there would be inclined to say that my frames are crap because I don't pay big bucks for high profile advertising, pro riders, or a big Interbike booth. They might figure that if my frames were good, then they would know all about them. They don't know anything about my frames or what limits I have pushed my design to. In the end, it probably doesn't matter about what is good, because most of the consumers in this sport are more interested in an image than "what is good". You could come ride with me and see, and I guarantee your mind would be changed.

This whole thread started over DNM stuff, and judgment was passed by someone who had a very limited experience with the company's product. I happen to ride a 888RC, but I think it's piss-poor to pass judgment when someone probably hasn't even hit their web page. I guess I just wouldn't think it was cool for someone to do that to me.

Of course, I'm not riding a Mongoose, but I'm not riding a Kona, Giant, Santa Cruz, or an Intense either. Go tell Eric Carter his bike sucks. He's riding Mongoose again this year.
    Can you post a picture of your frame(s) stuff homemade is always interesting.
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

crumb
    Quote Originally Posted by j_a_k_e_69@hotmail.com
    Can you post a picture of your frame(s) stuff homemade is always interesting.

I believe they have a lifetime warranty
    ETBW
    Magura

Maher-Shalal-Hash-Baz

You are right, except this year...

Quote Originally Posted by Khemical
    In all fairness though KennyO the "Mongoose" that EC is riding isn't nearly the same piece of crap Mongoose you find at Walmart. Typically pro's frames are built by a reputable bike builder and re-badged as a Mongoose or whatever for racing purposes.

And yes, I'm aware of the new black-diamonds and think they are actually pretty cool. Makes me want to buy a Mongoose for the first time since '84
    He is riding the identical bike that they sell, according to their website. In the past, the bike he raced wasn't the same that they mass-produced, which I think is jacked up. If a company is going to race, then they need to race their product.