DK Charger- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: DK Charger

  1. #1
    Stray Bullet
    Reputation: Nagaredama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,273

    DK Charger

    I came across an ad here on MTBR for a DK Charger. The parts spec looks pretty but I can't any info on DK's website about the bike. From the pcture it appears to have a Horst link. Any thoughts on it?

    Link

    Parts spec

    Frame:7005 adjustable travel, sealed pivots and forged link
    Rear Shock: Fox Vanilla R coil over with adjustable rebound
    Fork: Marzocchi Dirt jumper 1 130mm (5") travel
    Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore Long Cage
    Chain Guide: Truvativ Box guide
    Shifter: Shimano Deore 9 speed-Right Only
    Cranks: Truvativ Hussefelt DH with 40t Ring
    BB: Truvativ ISIS giga pipe
    Pedals: alloy platform with replaceable pins
    Handlebar: Dk 38mm Rise, 660mm length
    Gripsk mini-flange vice grips
    Stemk Forged, CNC 60mm
    Headset: FSA Pig 1 1/8
    Front&Rear Brakes: Hayes Mx 1-XC
    Brake Levers: Hayes HFX-9 HD/XC
    Saddlek Huck-it seat
    Seatpost:3-d forged alloy micro adjust
    Wheelset: Sun Single Track Disc /Hubs: DK Mtb sealed with 20mmFr/QR rear
    Tires:Maxxis Larsen TT 26x2.35
    Spokes 14g
    Cassette: Shimano HG50 11-32t 9speed
    Extras: Replaceable derailleur hanger

    Medium Specs
    Actual TT 570mm
    Chain Stay 427mm
    Head Angle 69
    Seat Angle 73

    Large Specs
    Actual TT 601mm
    Chain Stay 427mm
    Head Angle 69
    Seat Angle 73

  2. #2
    always learning
    Reputation: tgreathead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    539
    Found this thread doing a search. It does look like a Horst link. I contacted DK and they said the Blue Sky ones are the last in existence, no plan to make more.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,483
    No, it's not an FSR Horst Link. The pivot is on the seat stat like a Kona, not on the chain stay, like Specialized.
    DK only makes the Xion (SP?) singlespeed cromo mountain bike now.

  4. #4
    always learning
    Reputation: tgreathead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    539
    Quote Originally Posted by TWISTED
    No, it's not an FSR Horst Link. The pivot is on the seat stat like a Kona, not on the chain stay, like Specialized.
    Look closer...




    The frame is similar to the Avent Boost which was pulled due to problems with seatstay breakage, however Adrenaline stocks the frame as we speak. Looking at the lower shock mount and seattube gussets they are different.
    I talked to Jesse at DK and he says that although they don't have any more frames to warranty/crash replace, they have never had a problem in 3 years with the Charger FS (there is also a 20" Charger BMX race bike now, a little confusing). I'm pretty tempted to get one at that price, nice all around trail bike.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,483
    [QUOTE=tgreathead]Look closer...

    My big System Cycle / DK catalog #40 has large photos and specifications of all the DK bikes. On the lower half of page 21 is the DK Charger with the rear pivot on the seat stay.

    Possibly they have two different styles of Chargers, but the one in the catalog is not a Horst Linkage.

    Here's another photo,

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,483
    [QUOTE=TWISTED]
    Quote Originally Posted by tgreathead
    Look closer...

    My big System Cycle / DK catalog #40 has large photos and specifications of all the DK bikes. On the lower half of page 21 is the DK Charger with the rear pivot on the seat stay.

    Possibly they have two different styles of Chargers, but the one in the catalog is not a Horst Linkage.

    Here's another photo,
    Oh, here's one from "Blue Sky" located in England. It DOES have a Horst Link.
    Must be a FSR patent issue. I assume only the US models aren't Horst.

  7. #7
    always learning
    Reputation: tgreathead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    539
    Quote Originally Posted by TWISTED
    Quote Originally Posted by tgreathead
    Look closer...
    My big System Cycle / DK catalog #40 has large photos and specifications of all the DK bikes. On the lower half of page 21 is the DK Charger with the rear pivot on the seat stay.

    Possibly they have two different styles of Chargers, but the one in the catalog is not a Horst Linkage.]
    Interesting. I notice the gusset isn't there on the seattube too. Must have been an update for the last year, but that's a pretty big change.

  8. #8
    always learning
    Reputation: tgreathead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    539
    Quote Originally Posted by TWISTED
    Oh, here's one from "Blue Sky" located in England. It DOES have a Horst Link.
    Must be a FSR patent issue. I assume only the US models aren't Horst.
    The only Blue Sky I know of is near LA right here in SoCal. I've ordered things from them before, great guys.

Similar Threads

  1. Smart charger question/problem
    By Burpee in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-10-2004, 11:04 AM
  2. Need charger for NR Classic Dual...
    By RetroG in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-09-2004, 02:56 PM
  3. Using r/c car charger to charge light batteries?
    By dubjay in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-02-2004, 08:26 AM
  4. NiMH smart charger?
    By Jenya in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-27-2004, 07:10 AM
  5. 12v, 4000 mah Ni-MH battery w/ charger $30
    By iamnate in forum Where are the Best Deals?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-30-2004, 03:16 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.