DJ Peeps....suggestions on building DJ's needed- Mtbr.com
    Hisforever

DJ Peeps....suggestions on building DJ's needed

Bros,

We found a spot to build a jump line right behind a bros house and I need your suggestions on how to build and design it.

For starters we have about 80yards (+/- 200ft) to build within. We can push further but we want to make sure it will stay for a while before stretching it out. Basically,its a straight line.

Also, We will have a bulldozer/tractor/bobcat of somesort lined up one day, for a buddy of ours is down to help.

So its on and were stoked!

My question to you guys is??????

How far should the jumps be spaced apart?
    How should the jumps progress? smaller to bigger?

There is one dilemma, How do we make the jumps fun and safe for everyone? We have some beginner guys to more advanced guys?. I want to build medium to big jumps and the other guys need/want to build smaller ones to start out with. What this means is the first two jumps will probably be tabletops. After walking the line I'm thinking we can fit about 7 or 8 nice dubs.

Some thoughtful answers would be helpful.

RM
    Jesus Saves

Moxie HT
    Orbea Rallon
    sb 130/150
    Evil Undead
    Yz 250x

mtbr member
    10 jumps in 200 feet? I dunno. You will want a very big portion of that for pedaling into the jumps, if not you cant get speed.

I suggest making all of them big tables. That way the beginners arent scared to hit them yet the advanced riders can still have fun.

Make you're first jump then see how far the second one should be after hitting the first. Use you're judgement, there really isn't a set amount.

Generally jumps go from longer and more mellow, to shorter and steeper as the line moves on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse
    what were is gnarcal

mtbr member
    make sure you have a nice clean run in to pedal up, i don't really know how many sets you could fit in that area...but making them tables isn't a bad idea. the good guys can still have as much fun and the beginners dont have to worry about casing as much. if you dont want to have to pedal in between them, make the landing of the first jump higher then the lip of the second, and then the second landing higher then the lip of the third and so on...mite still need a pedal stroke in there somewhere but it will help. jumps usually seem to get steeper as the sets progress, which basically means the gaps will become shorter. just my 2 cents...hope it helps

me like bikes
    Oct 2005
    DUDE BUILD A PUMP TRACK

JK

yeah, you've gotten the best advice you are going to get already. make sure you have a nice run in to get up speed and i'd start lower and longer and slowing get to shorter and steeper.
    "dropped outta school. no G.E.D. but in these streets i'm a G.O.D."
    -murs

Glad to Be Alive
    a frickin traCTOR......make table tops and later take out the nmiddles
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Hisforever
    Thanks.

so basically if you have table tops at first you cant go wrong.

Hopefully we can find some hella big rocks to pile in there. thats a boatload of dirt to waste IMO.

I was hoping more would comment on this.......
    Jesus Saves

Moxie HT
    Orbea Rallon
    sb 130/150
    Evil Undead
    Yz 250x

mtbr member
    don't put rocks in the jumps thats a bad idea cos when your jumps evolve and develop you have difficulty modifying. just use lots of dirt or build doubles with ladders in between so you can come up short and it would be like a table but you use half the dirt.

Members who have read this thread: 0