Disc Brakes- Mtbr.com

Thread: Disc Brakes

soviet pride

New question here. Disc Brakes

ya my fukin magura claras are peices of **** and im plannin on replacing them with new brakes, any recommendations as to waht i should get. I'm thinkin about getting a 8in rotor on the front with hydrualic in the front but leaving my 6in rotor in the back and getting mechanical disk brakes in the back aswell cause im getting pissed at hydrualics

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikepinkbikes
    ya my fukin magura claras are peices of **** and im plannin on replacing them with new brakes, any recommendations as to waht i should get. I'm thinkin about getting a 8in rotor on the front with hydrualic in the front but leaving my 6in rotor in the back and getting mechanical disk brakes in the back aswell cause im getting pissed at hydrualics
    Don't get pissed at hydraulics, just be pissed at crappy ones.

IMHO, it doesn't get much better than the trustworthy Hayes Mags. Simple, effective, after initial setup they're pretty much maintenance free and fairly inexpensive.

But then I'm spoiled... I'm running them on both my bikes

mtbr member
    hayes hydro disc, mags or HFX 9 or something, they are good. btw my friend has one it use to squeak, but it stopped. do you know what the squeaking niose is an dhow to stop it or prevent it?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by freerider167
    hayes hydro disc, mags or HFX 9 or something, they are good. btw my friend has one it use to squeak, but it stopped. do you know what the squeaking niose is an dhow to stop it or prevent it?
    Not an easy question to answer. In could be one or multiple things going on at the same time. My front brake squealed like crazy for awhile when I had a Rock Slop fork. I replaced it with a Z1, and the noise magically stopped. There's some good info here http://www.mtbr.com/techtalks/brakes/brakesfaq.shtml and in the brake forum in general..

Aren't the HFX-9's the ones with that rubber stopper instead of a bleed screw? If so, I would highly suggest staying away form them. IMO, they don't belong anywhere near a DH bike.

There's no app for this.

Claras

were problematic, they were pulled off the NA market 3 years ago. You'd do well with any other Magura, Hope, Avid, Hayes, or Shimano. Hydraulics have nothing to do with the issue IMHO.

For example, here's how Magura Louise FR perform at Whistler after months of torture test by a competitive board.

Jim

Authority is dead!
    what's the problem with Clara you have and what year is it?
    For the love of Oi

Rent a house at Attitash

Glad to Be Alive
    Hayes mags
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days