Dirt Jump Bike Project- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Dirt Jump Bike Project

So i'm getting into dj/and some urban so i'm building a bike. So far this is the list:
    09 stp frame-(grey)
    hussefelt crank
    hussefelt handle bars (white)
    Rock shox Argyle 318 fork (white)
    Juicy 3 breaks
    last big investment is the wheels...not sure what i'm going to get cause I unfortanitly have a spending limit. So what is a good sold inexpensive set a rims? Remember I'm just getting into it so I most likely won't be doing any 10 ft drops to quick. I'm thinking just a set of WTB's...the ones that come on the stp ss and 1 stock? Also it's going to be a single speed so any suggestions for gearing? The crank i got is a 36t. As of right now I was just going to gear it the same as the stp ss which is 36/16 I beleive. Frame should be in by end of the week along with all the parts, I'll get pics posted as soon as I start getting the goods in. If any of you have some recomondations or advice on parts that'd be great!

mtbr member
    Checkout the Urban/DJ/Park thread, those guys will assist you with finding good parts for your DJer.

Pivotal figure
    Transition, Azonic and Atomlab all have fairly inexpensive wheelsets that can handle some serious abuse.
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

Seeeriously easy Livin
    If you want seriously cheap, you can pick up sun rynolite wheelsets with a 20mm front and deore rear for like $100, I just suggest you take them down to your favorite lbs after you break them in a bit to get them properly tensioned up.

mtbr member
    Ill vote for the transition 32 wheelset. My mate has them and they are really solid, they havent buckled yet despite his numrous attempts at tailwhips and 360's

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    sweet thanks for the input guys...I'm gonna stop at the shop tomorrow and check some prices out on these

Members who have read this thread: 0