Diablo Wrap Up 2008 VID- Mtbr.com
    Freeriding Feline

Diablo Wrap Up 2008 VID

A potpourri of media from the 2008 season.

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/46659/
    "If you give up your dream, you die."
    Twitter - KIKat1029

biking is fun
    fun to watch but did not dig the music. to mellow, its like i was watching a high school reunion video.

i really want to make it out to diablo some time, its just hard to justify driving alot further to diablo when i could be to whistler in alot less time.

if i did though, how close is highland to diablo? hitting both up might make it worth it.

trail addict
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperKat
    A potpourri of media from the 2008 season.

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/46659/
    Nice, wish I coulda been there for the train.
    You better just go ahead and drop that seatpost down to the reflector... the trail gets pretty rough down there.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by climbingbubba
    fun to watch but did not dig the music. to mellow, its like i was watching a high school reunion video.

i really want to make it out to diablo some time, its just hard to justify driving alot further to diablo when i could be to whistler in alot less time.

if i did though, how close is highland to diablo? hitting both up might make it worth it.
    DIABLO is in new jersery and highland is in New Hamphire and its about 6 hrs. +/- drive. if you come it would be best when diablo is open weekdays and then head out to highland for the weekend...

biking is fun
    Quote Originally Posted by DEST
    DIABLO is in new jersery and highland is in New Hamphire and its about 6 hrs. +/- drive. if you come it would be best when diablo is open weekdays and then head out to highland for the weekend...
    crap, thats quite a drive. i live in SLC utah so its only about 16+ hours to whistler and 8-10 to keystone, winterpark, sol vista (next years trip )

might have find a good reason to go out east in the next few years. i have no idea how long of a drive it would be to new jersey but probably a few days.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    nice vid kat

i wish i would have stayed till closing for the train but i left at 3 having responsiblities sucks....

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    hey where are all those pics that were taken on the saturday before closing, i saw a bunch of photographers...didnt see them on the video ??website?? (indy crosses)

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Highland is definitely THE place on the east coast. If you come out this far, you have to make your way up to New Hampshire.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by pinknugget
    Highland is definitely THE place on the east coast. If you come out this far, you have to make your way up to New Hampshire.
    Highland is fun, but definately not THE place. Diablo has a bit of everything and the natural terrain, and lack of trails at Highland cannot compare with Diablo. We went with a large group to highland and while the "stunts" were impressive, most of our group felt that Diablo was way better overall due to the variety (natural, machine built, etc) and total amount of trails. Highland caters to freeriders, while Diablo has something for everyone.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    No... Highland is THE place. Diablo is a lot of fun, but the trail building doesn't compare to what Highland has to offer. Highland most certainly has something for everyone, including a pro level slope style course. Its possible you haven't been up to Highland in a while, but this past season the trail crew has taken the mountain to a new level. Highland has two flowy, bermed up runs that can be hit by riders of all skill levels; two old shcool natural, tech trails; and two advanced, flowy jump trails. Did I mention they have a pro level slope style course. Diablo has a couple of flowy jump trails, none of which are top to bottom, and a lot of rocks. If you are into rocks, Diablo is THE place to be. Highland has raised the bar and I hope Diablo follows suit.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by pinknugget
    No... Highland is THE place. Diablo is a lot of fun, but the trail building doesn't compare to what Highland has to offer. Highland most certainly has something for everyone, including a pro level slope style course. Its possible you haven't been up to Highland in a while, but this past season the trail crew has taken the mountain to a new level. Highland has two flowy, bermed up runs that can be hit by riders of all skill levels; two old shcool natural, tech trails; and two advanced, flowy jump trails. Did I mention they have a pro level slope style course. Diablo has a couple of flowy jump trails, none of which are top to bottom, and a lot of rocks. If you are into rocks, Diablo is THE place to be. Highland has raised the bar and I hope Diablo follows suit.

Beg to differ. Highland has good freeride terrain, but they lack severely in natural terrain. For people interested in going fast either in tech or smooth trails, Diablo has way more to offer. Remember, not everyone is into slopestyle so just because highland has more freeride terrain, does not necessarily make it "better" to alot of people. Anyone serious about racing will find Highland to be completely boring due to lack of trails and variety.

mtbr member

don't forget platty in this little debate

If you are talking about natural terrain plattekill has it over both of them. With delta house keeping the trails fresh it looks like a sick year this year will be even better next year. Highland is a small mountain developed very well. I enjoyed it and will go there again a few times next year. Diablo is close to me and a blast to ride I must have hit that place around 20 times. I really liked them both for different reasons.

Glad to Be Alive
    way cool kat
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Members who have read this thread: 0