Diablo Freeride Park Pics- Last trip of the season.- Mtbr.com
    _

Diablo Freeride Park Pics- Last trip of the season.

Hey guys. So I'm about 3 hrs away from Diablo, and this was my 4th and final trip of the season. ...4th time I've ever been there, actually... seeing as I just started riding late last year.

Anyway... Great weather, but it could have been a better day riding wise. I was ridin sorta sketchy all day, just wasn't feelin it all the way.

First run, hit a rock, turned my bars sideways. Bike stopped, I kept going. Got a handlebar end right in the stomach and a damn good bruise to show for it... kinda didn't set a good momentum for the whole day but, whatever. It's good riding there, I still had fun.

Anyway... here are the pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

_

couple more

...Another look at Road to Nowhere, the first pic in the last post.
    ...Snapshot from a video of the Anthem drop.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by slothoncanvas; 10-09-2007 at 09:31 AM.

mtbr member
    Last trip? They're still open till the end of the month. I just built a new bike and i'll need to break her in after i get back from my honeymoon.
    Team _________

_
    Yeah man last trip I'm pretty sure. I'm supposed to be saving money for school next year. And with the drive up there and back plus the lift ticket charge... It's sorta pricey.

I mean... I'm by no means opposed to going again. I'm out in Reading PA, sort near the Philadelphia area. Wanna pick me up? And pay for the lift ticket?

ha.

don't move for trees
    how far is it? and where exactly is it. i just moved to NY and i've heard about it, and the pictures look sweet.
    "Get a bicycle.You will not regret it if you live." Mark Twain

mtbr member
    www.ridediablo.com

im lucky enough to live 20 mins away from there. i take it for granted haha. but i do ride there every weekend and durin the week.
    I like to ride bikes fast.

don't move for trees
    man, wish i would've looked into it sooner, only 70 miles from campus, thats not bad at all, what is bad is not having my dh bike

_
    Quote Originally Posted by BKnight
    man, wish i would've looked into it sooner, only 70 miles from campus, thats not bad at all, what is bad is not having my dh bike
    Yeah dude it's fun there. You could probably have your DH bike (considering you didn't sell it) shipped to you just in time for the last weekend they're open. It'd probably be worth it.

don't move for trees
    i don't have the time, i'm doing off shore racing in college, and every weekend is a race, i'll definatly check it out next year. this summer i got to ride at North star over by Tahoe, very nice place, i lived 45 minutes from there

Freeriding Feline
    Nice shots. I think I have 2 weekends left.
    Not sure if I'm racing the last race or not yet.
    "If you give up your dream, you die."
    Twitter - KIKat1029

_
    Yeah. It's a shame the places close when the weather's this nice out but, it's understandable.

but... next season will be my first season racing, so I'm pretty excited about that.

Anyway... I thought about squeezing on more trip in. And maybe I will. But my regular riding buddy broke his collar bone in 3 places the last time we were at Diablo, and the one I went with this time is way short on money. So, I might go if any of the locals here in Reading make one last trip and have room for an extra person/bike.

check your six

Duuuudddee!! Your killing me!

Man we just cancelled our trip there for this weekend.. ugh,,, I have never been their either. I missed out on a trip earlier this year and was anxious for the trip this fall. Oh.. well, there is always next year. I am from Virginia, so it is sort of a haul to get there.

Awesome pics man, big stuff, gave me the leg shake from my couch...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by slothoncanvas
    Yeah. It's a shame the places close when the weather's this nice out but, it's understandable.

but... next season will be my first season racing, so I'm pretty excited about that.

Anyway... I thought about squeezing on more trip in. And maybe I will. But my regular riding buddy broke his collar bone in 3 places the last time we were at Diablo, and the one I went with this time is way short on money. So, I might go if any of the locals here in Reading make one last trip and have room for an extra person/bike.
    I'll drive but you gotta meet me in Pottstown. You're on you own for the lift ticket though.
    Team _________

Thunder Chunky
    You guys are lucky...all the resorts here in CO closed like a month ago and the first one opens up tomarrow for skiing.
    Purple Popcorn

_
    Quote Originally Posted by sodak06
    Man we just cancelled our trip there for this weekend.. ugh,,, I have never been their either. I missed out on a trip earlier this year and was anxious for the trip this fall. Oh.. well, there is always next year. I am from Virginia, so it is sort of a haul to get there.

Awesome pics man, big stuff, gave me the leg shake from my couch...
    Thanks man. I'm starting to get pretty comfortable dropping and stuff. Those are the biggest ones I've hit actually, and I'm getting pretty confident rolling off the lips.

...now, if only dialing in lines and learning how to flow fast over the crazy chunky sections were as easy. So, hopefully I learn some of that from racing next year.

Quote Originally Posted by rollertoaster
    I'll drive but you gotta meet me in Pottstown. You're on you own for the lift ticket though.
    hm... that's pretty tempting. But I think these local guys are going either the 2nd to last or the last weekend. So I'll just tag along with them if... my parents don't give me the old "you're not going. you need to be saving money for school!" routine.

which, I might add... would be a totally legitimate thing for them to say. because it's very true. especially because they haven't kicked me out or started charging me rent after not going to college and living in their house for a year and a half after I graduated highschool. but eh. $34 won't even pay for a week's worth of groceries. So, we'll see.

Oh and check this out. "School" next year is the United Bicycle Institute in Oregon. I'm going to learn about professional bike maintenance and shop operation and stuff. And also... 2 different Steel frame building classes. Brazing and Welding. So, it should be way fun.

StraightOuttaCompton
    wish i could go
    HARDTAIL PRIDE- 09 Kona Five-0

Thunder Chunky
    Quote Originally Posted by slothoncanvas
    Brazing and Welding. So, it should be way fun.
    ugh i hate brazing...oxyacelteline welding sucks and arc welding sucks too. Mig is easy with a decent result and Tig is awesome if you get good at it but its ridiculously hard.
    Purple Popcorn

_
    Quote Originally Posted by Madman133
    ugh i hate brazing...oxyacelteline welding sucks and arc welding sucks too. Mig is easy with a decent result and Tig is awesome if you get good at it but its ridiculously hard.
    yeah the one course is brazing and the other is TIG welding. so i'm sure i'll struggle but with practice hopefully i'll pull through.

Members who have read this thread: 0