Diablo ?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Diablo ?

Make some music
    Sep 2004

Diablo ?

What are the four best (basic, easiest, for the first time) trails to START with at Diablo. I'm lookin to start sane..
    J.O.R.B.A. More than just tm. WWW.JORBA.ORG

Freeriding Feline
    Once you are off the lift, go right. Look for OTB. There are about three versions of that trail to start. That's going to take you out to a fire road. You can ride the road down or hit Lower Dominion, the jump line. Tabletops...You don't have to go big. That'll lead you into Breakout. Fun berms, one table top, some big rock in the way and a couple of mounds of dirt, some roots and the signature rock garden. Another break, piece of fire road, the into Lower Breakout. All rock garden my friend. Sometimes I just ride the fire road from there to Alpine. Now there's a mini-alpine called Dom-boo. I still like the original. A few tables, the wall rides, etc. From there you can stay straight and hit a small piece of trail or curve right and hit the Progression Drops or there's one jump into a berm (SRAM banner). Again you have the fire road option or you can stick straight and curve into the end. You'll see a couple of kickers, then a Decline and a wide bridge, then back out onto the fire road, another decline with a couple of jumps that I think are not there on purpose, then it's fire road back to the bottom.
    I'll be there if you want to take a run. Female rider, VP Free, Giro Remedy helmet.
    "If you give up your dream, you die."
    Twitter - KIKat1029

Make some music
    Sep 2004

Great info..

Thanks, I've got to get the bike tuned for my weight (new rear spring) and need some more crash gear and I'll probably see you there in the near future. Again thanks..

RTM
    #1 Latex Salesman
    Kat knows her stuff. Also wanted to add, when you get off the lift and go right, OTB is to the left of Upper Dominion, which you could also go down since it's all tabletops. To the right of Upper Dominion are three trails. Dirt Merchant, Triple Drop, and just right of the old lift is Twist. Feel free to hit any one of them. They are black diamond rated, but generally considered warm up runs. Certainly no more difficult than Breakout.

Make some music
    Sep 2004

Give it a go tomorrow.

Looks like we're gonna give it hell tomorrow and try to have some fun. Start slow and easy and see where that goes. I'll be the tall geezer in the blue Thor mx gear (it's good to recycle my old stuff). So scrap me off the rocks if I end up there and I hope to not get intheway...

Steve

Make some music
    Sep 2004

Today went good

Did Diablo today. Did exactly what SuperKat recommended and it worked spot on. Will try more next time. On the way home I got on the phone and told all my palz that they need to get there... Thanks

Members who have read this thread: 0