DHX Air on Glory?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

DHX Air on Glory?

While my arm is broken I'm planning a bike-pimping-bonanza. I'd like to shed some weight so am considering swapping the Roco for a DHX Air. Anyone run this setup? With a leverage ratio of 2.9:1 and (I'm pretty sure) a progressive wheel rate on the Glory, seems like it could be a decent match.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Which style of Glory? My 2010 uses a 8.75"x2.75" which is not available in a DHX air. I have thought of getting a Vivid air for it however.

mtbr member
    my friend ran a 2007 glory with a dhx air for around 2 years, he seemed to like it, his brother even used a smaller dhx air on his v10 to lower it although he only got 7 inches of travel in that setup - personally, i never liked the feel of the shock except on the glory where it felt like it pedaled better than the roco wc that was on the bike before but didnt have near the small bump compliance, id personally much rather spend coin on the vivid air... but i say go for it if the price is right...

mtbr member
    It's the Glory 0, so 8.75"x2.75". I've found DHX Airs in that size in various classifieds. Proprietary?

2010 Glory custom FR
    I have had DHX Air on my Glory (DH) 2006 and Glory (FR) 2008. I have been thinking it worked good. I hasn't.
    DHX Air, with no custom tuning, has little mid stroke compression on Glory frames. Basically, it goes trough the travel easily and You may bottom out frequently which may shorten the life of the shock and frame.
    I've been told that Manitou Evolver ISX-6 works much better on Glory, and I almost bought one. But, if your Glory 0 is 2010 model, you will have to drill bottom eye let to make it compatible with GIant's 15mm co-pivot.
    Latest RS Vivid Air 5.1 seems to be the best choice, nowadays.

PS. I've almost forgotten... Are you sure it was 8,75x2,75" ? Aftermarket DHX Air does not come in this size.
    pozdro
    frango

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I've been using an X Fusion H3 LT on a Nomad for a while (I have one of their coil shocks on my Glory). It has none of the wallow of the DHX that was on the Nomad before. I think that the damping is better and the bottom out adjustment works very well. The build quality is outstanding and the machining is all first rate. I'd suggest checking out the H3 over the DHX. They come in the right size too!

Members who have read this thread: 0