Dhx 5.0- Mtbr.com

Thread: Dhx 5.0

Glad to Be Alive

Dhx 5.0

what are you guys running for air pressure

how high till you start losing small bump sensitivity

how many turns you using for the bottom out boost
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Outcast
    SMT, the answers to your questions are dependant on your bike and your weight, so you are hoping to get answers from guys riding an M3 [that's what you have, right?]. I can tell you this; start with the minimum air pressure that is mandated [read your instruction manual this time around!] and with the chamber size set in the middle. You can add air from there, untill you lose the small bump sensitivity, then back off a bit. Fiddle further with the size of the air chamber after you've narrowed down your psi.
    Don't fock up your shock like last time!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    On My Bottlerocket I run a 500lb Spring with 170lbs Air Pressure and the Bottom out Boost with one white ring showing (most of the way in). I weigh 175-180lbs.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    SMT, the answers to your questions are dependant on your bike and your weight, so you are hoping to get answers from guys riding an M3 [that's what you have, right?]. I can tell you this; start with the minimum air pressure that is mandated [read your instruction manual this time around!] and with the chamber size set in the middle. You can add air from there, untill you lose the small bump sensitivity, then back off a bit. Fiddle further with the size of the air chamber after you've narrowed down your psi.

yeah I am just trying to make the learning/dialing curve faster...I am running 120 psi and have the bottom out about 4 turns in......the propedal is turned all the way off
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Outcast
    I think the air chamber has 6 full turns? Please correct me if I'm mistaken. I would back it out two turns then, or halfway through the range, and increase your psi to 150. See how that feels. Don't add any propedal. My $.02

Just roll it......
    I agree with Rene here, SMT.

It's such a personal thing and dependent on the bike, spring weight / sag %, your weight, etc. I started with the minimum psi (75 psi, I think...but don't quote me on that) and then I added air realizing and adjusted my bottom out in as I figured out I was bottoming it. I think I added the air in there in increments of 10 psi until I got the right balance. I'm somewhere in the 110 -120 psi range, but I'm a LOT lighter than you and got an entirely different rig.

EB

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by ebxtreme
    I agree with Rene here, SMT.
    EB
    yeah, but here is one of his other post

Originally Posted by Renegade
    Here are the set-up instructions for the DHX-coil:

1] Remove shock from frame.
    2] Send shock to PUSH industries, along with $245.
    3] Weigh and post poics of newly rebuilt shock
    4] Bolt shock back into place
    5] Go out and set bike in yard for pics!
    6] post on intraweb how totally awesome it is after a driveway ride

Glad to Be Alive

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS

Well yes, this is a very good set-up! But it's no longer available. PUSH isn't doing the factory race system anymore, just the factory rebuild and the factory tuning system. The race system did away with the air chamber/psi/propedal stuff.
    That's why I had to ask how many full turns the air chamber had; I've forgotton, having not ever to deal with it.

Just roll it......

Of course Renegade posted that......it's the standard setup for the Homers (now known as the Turner cult)!

Actually, I think the standard setup for those cats (Rene, please correct me here) is to:
    A. Push the DHX immediately without even getting dirt on the bike or
    B. immediately sell the sucky stock DHX and get a CCDB or a custom valved Avy which will be even more awesomer....

As he just said, that setup is no longer available from Push which sux because that's what I would've done when my DHX needed servicing.

EB

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by ebxtreme
    Of course Renegade posted that......it's the standard setup for the Homers (now known as the Turner cult)!

Actually, I think the standard setup for those cats (Rene, please correct me here) is to:
    A. Push the DHX immediately without even getting dirt on the bike or
    B. immediately sell the sucky stock DHX and get a CCDB or a custom valved Avy which will be even more awesomer....

As he just said, that setup is no longer available from Push which sux because that's what I would've done when my DHX needed servicing.

EB
    Good stuff EBX! In all actuallity, I think only a few homers did option "A". I bought a DHX for my RFX with the full intention of sending it to Darren for the factory race, but there was a 5 month wait till it was availabe, so I did get some dirt on it prior to sending off the shock.
    Option "B" is probably more common amounst the homer nation.
    Uuuuummmmmmm, factory race system.....yummy...:

mtbr member
    May 2004
    thanks...that helped a lot
    Glad to help.

I went with Zilla's recommendation in the 1st post.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I have a DHX 5 coil on my Heckler, I weigh 195lb. I run 190 in the boost, one white line exposed, 10 turns on the Pro-Pedal. When I first installed the shock I was really worried about using Pro-Pedal - thought small bump compliance would suffer. Turns out I don't notice any significant changes w/ more boost and the Pro-Pedal takes quite a bit of turns as well. Called Push last week about their custom tune for the DHX. I was told their service makes for better use / adjustment of the boost & Pro-Pedal as well as bottom out control.

Just roll it......
    Uuuuummmmmmm, factory race system.....yummy...:

Why......I oughtta.......

Rene, you just HAD to rub it in with the pic of the DHX sitting nicely on the old-skool RFX, didn't ya? I'm holding out hope that Darren gets his parts figured out and re-releases that to the public down the road.

EB

izumusx988
    dont run any propedal, i have a 300lb spring and run 150psi its as sensitive as can be
    -Rob

Northeast Sovereign racing - Morewood bikes-maxxis-hayes-e13

Members who have read this thread: 0