DHidiot. does this bike look familiar- Mtbr.com
    NATE CORE

DHidiot. does this bike look familiar

The guy up on Tunnel yesterday........ he got jacked! haha

http://santabarbara.craigslist.org/bik/260233745.html
    you like dags??

Glad to Be Alive
    if that is his old bike then we all know how he got his moniker
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

NATE CORE
    No haha. a few of us were up on tunnel yesterday and some guy had that same exact bike. It just sucks that he paid $900 for it.
    you like dags??

Equal opportunity meanie
    Yeah Bob, thanks for the faith in my choice of bikes...

I thought he said he picked it up for really cheap, chances are he's trying to sell it to pick up that Ellsworth he was talking about.

I still wonder if he made it down alive.....

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by DHidiot
    Yeah Bob, thanks for the faith in my choice of bikes...

I thought he said he picked it up for really cheap, chances are he's trying to sell it to pick up that Ellsworth he was talking about.

I still wonder if he made it down alive.....
    just teasing
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

NATE CORE
    OH yeah, he was trying to get the Ellsworth. I hope for the sake of his health in the future he gets rid of that bike and does in fact get the Ellsworth.
    you like dags??

Equal opportunity meanie
    Yeah man, being clipped into that bike down Tunnel is a friggin deathwish. It'd be cool if he got his asking price for the bike.

I hope for the sake of my health in the future I get some damned sleep - went home with the girlie after the rides yesterday, dinner, drove down to LA and crashed at 2:30-3 AM, up at 7 to ride a 45 minute descent non-stop after a short push up to the trailhead. I'm toast.

pwn3rator
    Quote Originally Posted by n8whitie
    The guy up on Tunnel yesterday........ he got jacked! haha

http://santabarbara.craigslist.org/bik/260233745.html

that's my next door neighbor will's bike. he bought it for $230 and sold it for $900. he's planning on an ellsworth rogue, the bighhit spec was just an in between bikes bike...
    SOCAL UNION REPREZENT
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    does it still qualify as a mountainbike?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    I've beat beer cans on my limp pee pee.

Stack Daddy
    Jan 2004
    45 min descent??? Damn, didn't know that existed in socal! Lucky.

NATE CORE
    We picked him up on the way up to Tunnel yesterday. We were all hoping he made it down in one piece on that thing. He made a good profit off of that transaction but I cant believe somebody bought it for $900. sweet deal for Will.
    you like dags??

Premium Member
    Dude, that's nothing down Tunnel. I rode down Tunnel with a guy on a Giant STP hardtail w/ V-brakes front and rear and a 4" Marzocchi undamped fork. Can you say I hate my joints?

NATE CORE
    I hope for the sake of my health in the future I get some damned sleep - went home with the girlie after the rides yesterday, dinner, drove down to LA and crashed at 2:30-3 AM, up at 7 to ride a 45 minute descent non-stop after a short push up to the trailhead. I'm toast.
    Jesus H! Youre a machine man. Who is your meth supplier?
    you like dags??

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    hahahahaha so yah that was me and my bike i'm glad to have turned a few heads, cause its a sick ride!

anyway, yah, i got the bike for 280 and i'm in no rush to sell it so i put it up on craigslist for 900 because if somebody wants to buy it for that much, well, who am i to argue. If I dont sell it oh well. When time comes to sell it i'll probably end up shooting for between 400-600, but since i got it for 280 i dont really feel bad. Its gonna be awhile before I have the money for the rogue, so i'd rather have a bike for that time than not have a bike.

as to riding tunnel clipped in on that bike, its really not to bad if you pay attention, if there were any big hits on it i'd be ****ed cause the front for doesn't really uhh..work, as such and I can make the rear shock bottom out by bouncing if i try. but since tunnels mostly just rocky it works out ok.

donno if i'm stoked to have turned so many heads with my beast, but i guess I got my 15 minutes of fame in the DH world

NATE CORE
    You'll probably get the best price for it on E-bay. But I know what you mean about the inbetween bike. Its hard just to go out and buy a 3000 dollar bike. Im saving up right now.
    Maybe DHidiot will trade me his Sinister for my AWESOME 2003 Giant ac2. Whaddya say man? haha. Hey Will, next time I see you hiking your bike up that damn road I'll pick you up again.
    you like dags??

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    hahaha sweet next time i'll have a job and money so i'll be able to throw down for gas if you or somebody else sees me, you have no idea how stoked i was to not have to make it up the rest of the way, my rear derailler is bent and I dont have a chainbreaker till thursday so I can't switch out the deraillers so i'm stuck in high gears. plus i run through about half the travel if i stand up hahaha.

i'll probably end up spending a bit more on it too, I've wanted an ellsworth all my life and I might as well go the whole 9 yards in making it completely badass. Hopefully by next year i'll have it if things go well

pwn3rator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ojai Bicyclist
    Dude, that's nothing down Tunnel. I rode down Tunnel with a guy on a Giant STP hardtail w/ V-brakes front and rear and a 4" Marzocchi undamped fork. Can you say I hate my joints?

i rode tunnel multiple time on my kona scab with a rigid fork and v-brakes. no big deal...
    SOCAL UNION REPREZENT
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    does it still qualify as a mountainbike?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    I've beat beer cans on my limp pee pee.

Use this space for what?
    Those forks are pretty sweet, lemme tell ya. Friend broke the drop outs on his when a tree jumped out at him
    '08 Cannondale SystemSIX 4
    '07 Bianchi MUSS - with trick bits
    '04 Kona Stinky - Sold!
    '86 Miele

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtdemon
    45 min descent??? Damn, didn't know that existed in socal! Lucky.

search and you will find.....there are many

Equal opportunity meanie
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    search and you will find.....there are many
    Indeed. They are around. Socal has the elevation and the tech for it very closeby.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I rode down tunnel on my friends P3 today, rocking the rim breaks, it was actually pretty fun until they started melting through near the bottem (we stopped a couple times to let them cool but it wasn't enough apparently)

Members who have read this thread: 0