DH Shorts- Mtbr.com

Thread: DH Shorts

mtbr member

DH Shorts

Looking at two pairs of DH shorts right now for the new season. 2008 Fox Blitz and 2008 Troy Lee Moto. I want them to be tough, and not too baggy to get caught on things. Air flow is always a plus. They both have adjustable waist which is good, and the Fox have removeable hip pads. So to anybody who has rode either or both, your input would be awesome. Thanks alot.
    22Pride

moaaar shimz
    Troy Lee Motos are very heavy duty (I have them), but I haven't heard anything but good comments about Fox shorts so you can't go wrong with any of those two!

Thunder Chunky
    anyone know anything about the sizing of the troy lees? Run small or big or spot on?
    Purple Popcorn

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I have a pair of the Specialized Demos and I rather like them. They have an adjustable belt for the waist and always stay in place. They're bombproof, too.

Calm Like a Bomb
    '08 tld moto is a great choice...i love mine...the sizes are the same as your normal clothes
    '17 Hatchet Carbon
    '17 Troy Carbon
    '16 Django Carbon
    '16 Wilson
    '16 Farley 5

https://www.instagram.com/jayparrington/

mtbr member
    08 tlds are not as baggy as the 07's so they are a spot on short. I have 2 pairs 08 and 1 pair 07 as wellas the moto rev pants, D2 carbon (blue flame with new one on way) tons of gloves and more.
    TLD rocks! They fit well.
    My Sponsor House

"I dont make memories, I make History."
    CANFIELD - AVALANCHE SUSPENSION - SCHWALBE - TLD

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    My '08 Moto shorts will be here tomorrow and ill let you know how they fit. I can't wait. I was going to get the Royal Racing future combat but the motos were half the price. so well see

Oh, So Interesting!
    I just got these, I like them a lot... price is good too.

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/153...torm-Short.htm

EastBaySteez
    Dickies.
    Or cheap fox shorts for like 30 bucks.
    Gamut
    Team Evil
    Formerly: motormonkeyr6

The Beaver
    Quote Originally Posted by motormonkeyr6
    Dickies.
    Or cheap fox shorts for like 30 bucks.

Just what I was going to say.
    Specialized P.1
    Specialized Demo

Awesomist™
    I rode TLD Moto shorts in 2006 and Fox Blitz Shorts in 2006/2007, and I would say that they are both great shorts.

TLD's seemed to run a little small in the waist for me, rugged, side pockets were nice, not very baggy and would sometimes be a little restricting in the movement when wearing armor.

Fox blitz shorts are also a touch small in the waist, although not as bad as the TLDs I had. They're a little more "cardboardy" feeling then the TLDs, and they're pretty long with a weird cut that is longer in the front over the knee than in the back which caused me to get hung on my shifter a few times while really sprinting. Also, no pockets.

I just got 2 pair of Nema Podium shorts, and I can say that they are WAY better than pretty much any other short I've owned. Ever. Sizing is spot on in the waist, super breathable so far, very comfortable both in fit as well as to the touch - you can wear these things with no drawers and not get chaffed if you know what I am saying. There's an outer zippered pocket to keep a key, money, lift pass, whatever. they move GREAT... no restrictions with or without armor. Seriously, hands down the nicest shorts I've owned for DH.

Including Oakley, Azonic, TLD, Fox, earlier Nema shorts, Dickies... you name it I've probably tried it at one time or another and these things are the t!ts.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

mtbr member
    I just started wearing my grappling shorts recently. Sprawls to be more specific. The fit is perfect for cycling, slightly tighter around the hips and looser on the thigh. The crotch fits close so it doesn't get snagged on the front of the seat. They have a lycra stretch panel in the crotch too.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bullcrew
    08 tlds are not as baggy as the 07's so they are a spot on short. I have 2 pairs 08 and 1 pair 07 as wellas the moto rev pants, D2 carbon (blue flame with new one on way) tons of gloves and more.
    TLD rocks! They fit well.

How do you like those Rev pants? I like that they don't taper... the GP pants look mad trife... Do you find that they're too wide (interfere with your cranks/guide?)

I walk up hills
    Quote Originally Posted by combatkimura
    I just started wearing my grappling shorts recently. Sprawls to be more specific. The fit is perfect for cycling, slightly tighter around the hips and looser on the thigh. The crotch fits close so it doesn't get snagged on the front of the seat. They have a lycra stretch panel in the crotch too.
    Hey that's a great idea, I should try one of my old pairs.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker
    I rode TLD Moto shorts in 2006 and Fox Blitz Shorts in 2006/2007, and I would say that they are both great shorts.

TLD's seemed to run a little small in the waist for me, rugged, side pockets were nice, not very baggy and would sometimes be a little restricting in the movement when wearing armor.

Fox blitz shorts are also a touch small in the waist, although not as bad as the TLDs I had. They're a little more "cardboardy" feeling then the TLDs, and they're pretty long with a weird cut that is longer in the front over the knee than in the back which caused me to get hung on my shifter a few times while really sprinting. Also, no pockets.

I just got 2 pair of Nema Podium shorts, and I can say that they are WAY better than pretty much any other short I've owned. Ever. Sizing is spot on in the waist, super breathable so far, very comfortable both in fit as well as to the touch - you can wear these things with no drawers and not get chaffed if you know what I am saying. There's an outer zippered pocket to keep a key, money, lift pass, whatever. they move GREAT... no restrictions with or without armor. Seriously, hands down the nicest shorts I've owned for DH.

Including Oakley, Azonic, TLD, Fox, earlier Nema shorts, Dickies... you name it I've probably tried it at one time or another and these things are the t!ts.
    I agree Fox blitz shorts are a touch small in the waist but I like the adjustable snap, cardboardy but have worn in over time andI really don't like the no pockets which means I need a backpack to carry my keys. I find them just the opposite as far as getting caught on the shifters, I have other Fox shorts that do but not my Blitz.

Lord of the Chainrings
    "Hesitation is the Mother of Failure!"

~~ 951 for Dirt & Roadster for Asphalt ~~

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I have Royal shorts, not sure what model but very comfy, a bit noisy , but the positives far outweigh the negatives
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    you can drop anything to flat on a HT....u can also jump into cactus too

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    O'Neal/Azonic A-10 Shorts $ 79.99 ( colors: Black, White or Brown)

I've been riding/racing in mine for 5 months.... and love them!!
    Great fit, sharp looking, comfortable for all day DH/FR'g, breathable, removable hip pads and the toughest Mtb shorts I've ever crashed in 20+ times and haven't damaged.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Members who have read this thread: 0