DH race - what is a tabletop?- Mtbr.com
    We get titles?

DH race - what is a tabletop?

I'm new to DH, and I want to try the DH race on the snow at Tenney (NH) in April. Here's the course description:

ON Snow DH event two run format, two jumps, and a tabletop from the northside trail at Tenney Mtn. No more one day licences per NORBA, only Sport and Beginners can race without an Annual license but will be subject to an additional 5.00 per event, per rider. All Jr. Experts, Experts, and SemiPro/Pros must have an annual licence to race in 2004.

So, what is a tabletop? And what can I expect the jumps will be like? Has anybody done this race before? Thanks for any input.

brooklyn bike rider
    Jan 2004
    a tabletop is like one set of doubles with the ditch between jumps filled in.
    so it's like the top of a table?

Jan 2004
    Basically it's a double with the gap (middle) filled in with dirt. That way, when you come up short, you don't face into the 2nd double, you just land on the flat on top and go off the other end. Just think, putting a take-off ramp up your dining room table and then a tranny down the other end.

We get titles?
    Quote Originally Posted by mosplat
    a tabletop is like one set of doubles with the ditch between jumps filled in.
    so it's like the top of a table?
    Gotcha, thanks. Sounds a lot safer than a double.

Pro Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by upNdown
    I'm new to DH, and I want to try the DH race on the snow at Tenney (NH) in April. Here's the course description:

ON Snow DH event two run format, two jumps, and a tabletop from the northside trail at Tenney Mtn. No more one day licences per NORBA, only Sport and Beginners can race without an Annual license but will be subject to an additional 5.00 per event, per rider. All Jr. Experts, Experts, and SemiPro/Pros must have an annual licence to race in 2004.

So, what is a tabletop? And what can I expect the jumps will be like? Has anybody done this race before? Thanks for any input.
    sorry, but did you just really ask what a tabletop was....

sufferer of a.d.d.
    a table top is what i hoped i was going over when my motor cut out on me up the slope of a double at lacr. i absolutely dropped about ten feet and smashed my face into the bars of my yz250. ouchies

Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by warmseth
    a table top is what i hoped i was going over when my motor cut out on me up the slope of a double at lacr. i absolutely dropped about ten feet and smashed my face into the bars of my yz250. ouchies
    Thats why we ride MTB. around here. No jetting to work on, No gas to mix, No motor problems at all to worrie about. I was droppen like 10+ feet off a cliff! today and "NO OUCHIES CAN YOU SAY POSER"

Jan 2004
    since you're just starting with DH racing there are usually (slower) paths around the jumps if you don't feel you can handle them. Never really done it myself but that's what I always hear ;-)
    Last edited by MTBsSd; 02-10-2004 at 11:24 PM.