DH Race in Norcal- Mtbr.com
    Freetard.

DH Race in Norcal

Anyone know of any good DH races in Norcal this time of year? I live in Marin (in the Bay Area)...
    --Nut!

EastBaySteez
    CHDH, Cougar Mt. Classic. But they are summer races
    Gamut
    Team Evil
    Formerly: motormonkeyr6

mtbr member
    I did the big foot classic earlier this year. It was just outside Arcata. I hear there not going to do it any more? Any fact to that?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by thegromit
    I did the big foot classic earlier this year. It was just outside Arcata. I hear there not going to do it any more? Any fact to that?
    I believe it is because of land issues. The land that the race is held on is all private logging land and it is too much of a hassle to get the paperwork done(so I've heard) If they do cancel it, it will be moved to a different mountain that is like 15 minutes away from the current course. Although, it would be a shame because the bigfoot course is preety fun.
    There are also the cccx races in salinas, but there are no shuttles. Check em out www.cccx.org. Also, it might be far away, but Fontana runs a big winter series in january and february. www.southridgeusa.com

EastBaySteez
    cccx is horrible I think. You pay 35 bucks to get the privilege to hike yourself up a hill.
    why not just go to pacifica then.... Theres a really big hill, nice jumps (soon to be wall ride) and its freeeee.
    Gamut
    Team Evil
    Formerly: motormonkeyr6

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by novato kid
    I believe it is because of land issues. The land that the race is held on is all private logging land and it is too much of a hassle to get the paperwork done(so I've heard) If they do cancel it, it will be moved to a different mountain that is like 15 minutes away from the current course. Although, it would be a shame because the bigfoot course is preety fun.
    There are also the cccx races in salinas, but there are no shuttles. Check em out www.cccx.org. Also, it might be far away, but Fontana runs a big winter series in january and february. www.southridgeusa.com
    HOLY SH*T! i didnt know Fontana was all the way near LA. I dont think i will ever make it to a race there....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tod Says What?!
    HOLY SH*T! i didnt know Fontana was all the way near LA. I dont think i will ever make it to a race there....
    Its only like 5 hours if you drive fast. But where else could you have a dh race through the ghetto?

mtbr member
    I really liked the big foot, it was my first downhill race. It was great I hope they do something about it. Arcata is a cool place too.
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To stay balanced, one must keep moving. - Albert Einstein

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by thegromit
    I really liked the big foot, it was my first downhill race. It was great I hope they do something about it. Arcata is a cool place too.
    Yeah it was fun. The atmosphere at that race was also cool because it was so laid back.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Bigfoot DH..............

Bigfoot puts on a couple of DH events in Weaverville, 1 in the spring 1 in the fall. Try 1 they are fun.

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tod Says What?!
    Why do you think it's the only race SMT races?

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by motormonkeyr6
    cccx is horrible I think. You pay 35 bucks to get the privilege to hike yourself up a hill.
    why not just go to pacifica then.... Theres a really big hill, nice jumps (soon to be wall ride) and its freeeee.
    EX-ACTTTLEEY

mtbr member
    cccx-is little and all moutian race. u dont need more than like 4 in of supssuoins if anything

Freetard.
    Does anybody have a link to the Bigfoot race?
    Thanks for all the responses!
    -Nut!

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    teambigfoot.net, i should have put that in there when i posted earlier, sorry.

Freetard.
    's cool. thanks for the info!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by novato kid
    Yeah it was fun. The atmosphere at that race was also cool because it was so laid back.

Anyone got more pics from this race. Is that first one the big jump toward the clearing, and the second the one from the very end? Looks sick.
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To stay balanced, one must keep moving. - Albert Einstein

Members who have read this thread: 0