DH Gear Bag Rec's?- Mtbr.com
    DWF
    Non Dual Bliss

DH Gear Bag Rec's?

Any recommendations for a bike specific gear bag that will hold your helmet (full face) goggles, armor, shoes, and whatnot? Would like to start trying to keep all my shite organized instead of having to dig through duffles and chute bags and whatnot.
    A man must have enemies and places he is not welcome. In the end we are not only defined by our friends but those against us.

Specialized Rida
    Quote Originally Posted by DWF
    Any recommendations for a bike specific gear bag that will hold your helmet (full face) goggles, armor, shoes, and whatnot? Would like to start trying to keep all my shite organized instead of having to dig through duffles and chute bags and whatnot.

Its the baddes biggest bag around and can hold just about anything and everything.
    Here's what they go for on Go-ride.com
    Last edited by skate; 07-18-2007 at 04:19 PM.

eci
    personally the royal bag looks the best to me. http://www.sixsixone.com/Catalog_Roy...d-00a49fe48e6d

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Under armor bag from dicks or modells
    its great
    big and roomy
    side compartments
    large front compartment for goggles and gloves
    and even a roll out mat just incase u need to change
    oh and a side pocket for your dirty shoes that separates so dirt will not go anywhere and just stay inside.

http://www.underarmour.com/ProductDe...&pf_id=8000083

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    go to an army surplus store and spend $5. then use the leftover 100 from NOT buying royal or some expensive ass **** to buy lift tix

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Buy a big Cotton Oxford rugby bag for much cheaper. It is tough, roomy, well designed and will last longer than your $5000 DH rig.

RTM
    #1 Latex Salesman
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrbighit
    Under armor bag from dicks or modells
    its great
    big and roomy
    side compartments
    large front compartment for goggles and gloves
    and even a roll out mat just incase u need to change
    oh and a side pocket for your dirty shoes that separates so dirt will not go anywhere and just stay inside.

http://www.underarmour.com/ProductDe...&pf_id=8000083
    I got the Fox large gear bag. it has tons of compartments. great bag really, but I think they could have dedicated more space to the center compartment. some good advice above. looking back, I would buy a huge, no name duffel bag and put the extra cash in my pocket. one tip, regardless of which bag you select, check out the moto stores online also. sometimes they have way better deals than the bike specific sites.

ps - cbrbighit, my bag has one of those roll out mats. never could figure out what that's for. is it really just to sit on when you put on your shoes? seems stupid.

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    Quote Originally Posted by SJensen
    go to an army surplus store and spend $5. then use the leftover 100 from NOT buying royal or some expensive ass **** to buy lift tix
    Nah, I already use a parachute bag. I have a bike that has the latest in pro-pedal, anti-squat, and anti-brake jack technology with a lifetime free pivot & shock replacement guarantee should they ever wear out. So, my plan is to use all the money I saved on pivot replacement on my new gear bag which holds all my stuff in an organized fashion instead of wadding it all up in a duffel.
    A man must have enemies and places he is not welcome. In the end we are not only defined by our friends but those against us.

Bike Ninja |||
    I like the Dakine Wet / Dry duffel.
    Wet / Dry duffel
    it's not too expensive (like the ogio or royal) but has ample space, large divided pockets, and enough room for my gear and spare stuff, and lunch too! (it has an insulated pocket)
    Proud to represent Mojo Wheels.

huffin' n' puffin'
    Go to your local motocross/motorcycle shop. They should have a nice selection of gear bags.
    A buddy of mine picked up a bag that has separate compartments for FF helmet, shoes, and armor for $50.
    A bonus on his is a rollout changing mat. That's one thing I'd like on my Dakine 4cross!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 545cu4ch
    I personally like the Dakine

Dakine
    Bastard! LOL

I am somewhat mentally disturbed by that...

ps: I do like Dakine products btw

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    Quote Originally Posted by chooofoojoo
    I like the Dakine Wet / Dry duffel.
    Wet / Dry duffel
    it's not too expensive (like the ogio or royal) but has ample space, large divided pockets, and enough room for my gear and spare stuff, and lunch too! (it has an insulated pocket)
    Does the Dakine have room in it for a full face helmet?

RTM
    #1 Latex Salesman
    Quote Originally Posted by momotaro
    Go to your local motocross/motorcycle shop. They should have a nice selection of gear bags.
    A buddy of mine picked up a bag that has separate compartments for FF helmet, shoes, and armor for $50.
    A bonus on his is a rollout changing mat. That's one thing I'd like on my Dakine 4cross!
    what is the story with the changing mat? I never use mine. Now I feel like I'm missing out on something great.

Glad to Be Alive
    personally i don't get a DH bag specific......it is a waste of money.......go to Kmart or Wallmart and get a bag there.....I have used those for years
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    The Ogio 9800 is one of the best in the business. I've been through a ton of bags since I'm a gear whore, and they are by far one of the most well thought out bags...

The Dakine split series look decent, but I don't think they have the same helmet compartment and other goodies for your tools etc....

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBidnezz
    The Ogio 9800 is one of the best in the business. I've been through a ton of bags since I'm a gear whore, and they are by far one of the most well thought out bags...
    yeah, I bought one last year on sale...awesome bag

fear this
    Most of Dakine's cycling specific bags have a fullface helmet carry. Oh yeah, it's also got 2 fleece lined pockets, one which I use for sunglasses and the other for my celly. It's got a tool compartment which handily accepts my shock pump, tire pump, spare tube, patches, multi-tool, vice grips, light battery, light mount, light fixture, and more. Another compartment accepts a spare jacket or hoodie, keys, and other really big stuff. The back has a compartment for the hydration unit. There's one non-fleece lined pocket which I keep my lighter and other little bits in. The fullface helmet carry thing is really a pouch and I often use it to carry my cable lock and anything else I might need to access fast. I'm pretty impressed with the design of the Dakine Nomad... it's a great organized pack.
    Last edited by Mesozoic; 07-20-2007 at 12:38 AM.
    Norco Fluid LT
    Devinci Ollie
    Commencal Meta HT AM chromoly

huffin' n' puffin'
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM
    what is the story with the changing mat? I never use mine. Now I feel like I'm missing out on something great.
    Well, it's not something great...it's just nice.

You know when you're changing your shoes and you're hopping around so you don't get your socks dirty. Well, just pull off your shoes and stand on the mat. No hopping around trying to keep your balance. I don't know about you but I hate getting grass/sand/rocks on my socks and eventually in my shoes.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM
    I got the Fox large gear bag. it has tons of compartments. great bag really, but I think they could have dedicated more space to the center compartment. some good advice above. looking back, I would buy a huge, no name duffel bag and put the extra cash in my pocket. one tip, regardless of which bag you select, check out the moto stores online also. sometimes they have way better deals than the bike specific sites.

ps - cbrbighit, my bag has one of those roll out mats. never could figure out what that's for. is it really just to sit on when you put on your shoes? seems stupid.
    yea if its muddy or wet on the ground and dont want to get wet i guess u step on it
    idn i never use mine but i guess its something ull never use but maybe 1 day u will

Members who have read this thread: 0