DH-ers unwelcome at Mammoth Bar?- Mtbr.com

DH-ers unwelcome at Mammoth Bar?

was browsing a dirt-bike forum (other passion) when I came across this: http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=485141

Not everyone was anti, but some where real d!cks!

clyde in training
    I am about to throw a few choice words into that forum

Disco-Superfly
    MX= too lazy to DH....hee

I have an mx bike and I dont like it, boring...... I have noticed that MX guys are cocky tards.... but I guess there is just as many cocky tard mtbers...

as for mammoth bar or w/e I dont even know what it is so I wont say anything about that... but run over the MTBrs? as if...
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

i drink shower water
    what are you gonna do? let them be upset, they need it to boost their confidence, same reason they need a motor under their ass.
    Prison is hard, everything else is easy

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    What a bunch of dumbsh!ts. The guy with the screen name "FESTOR" is the biggest tool of them all. Real nice guy- "run the leg shaving fa#gots over." This quote isn't too bad either, "f-them, run them over, if they have balls enough to ride our stuff (i.e. trails) then lets play chicken." I believe that may have been a criminal statement. Cool guy! A DH rider laid his bike down to avoid a motorcycle and WE are the jackasses???

Glad to see that guy got flamed!!!

Last thing, if Festor tries to "play chicken" with either myself or my friends---- ehhh, not the best of ideas!!!

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]

as for mammoth bar or w/e I dont even know what it is so I wont say anything about that... but run over the MTBrs? as if...
    popular nor cal spot for DH... some folks from this board ride there.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    hmmm, Fester is a tool but that last post he had was fvcking funny, dude.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I've ridden Grizzly, Rocky, Murders, StoneWall, and what not, and haven't gotten any flak from them. It's unfortunate though,

Coors, the american beer.
    if you read more into their board the smart guys realise than A) downhillers like the motorcyclists .... B) downhillers dont shave their legs

shaving legs is a roadie thing .... i think anyone who rides a mtn bike and does it should be drug out into the street and shot

Edit: anyone get to page 5 ..... people are *****ing out the dirtbikers at dville? **** that the dirtbikes have been there WAYY before that got popular. .... believe me my folks have been going camping near the top since 1980
    AZ has the best mountain bike gathering ever

Quote Originally Posted by Melt

shaving legs is a roadie thing .... i think anyone who rides a mtn bike and does it should be drug out into the street and shot
    yeah, o.k. fester... i mean melt

yeah, i read the Dville part. there's a 4x4 club that does a lot of trail work there too.

wonder if i can get a full weekend of dirtbiking and mtbing there this summer...

mtbr member
    Yeah how they were talkin about "just run them over" well that actually did happen during the summer where I live. There is a local riding spot that is about a 5 minute ride down the road and around here it is known as "The Quarry" where mountain bikers and dirt bikers ride. Well this was a guy on one of the trails on a ride and two guys on dirt bikes came flyin past him and one of them ran him over on purpose. Luckley two guys on mountain bikes came along the trail a little after and found him. Although he was lying on the ground unconscious and had multiple broken bones and spent the next 2 weeks in the hospital.

Two days later it was on the front cover of the newspaper and the cops were asking anybody with information to please call and tell them. Sure enough people that ride there called in with information and the guy was charged.
    Quote Originally Posted by shredder111
    Can I paint your rockring, silly bun salad?

Quote Originally Posted by xKREDx
    Yeah how they were talkin about "just run them over" well that actually did happen during the summer where I live. There is a local riding spot that is about a 5 minute ride down the road and around here it is known as "The Quarry" where mountain bikers and dirt bikers ride. Well this was a guy on one of the trails on a ride and two guys on dirt bikes came flyin past him and one of them ran him over on purpose. Luckley two guys on mountain bikes came along the trail a little after and found him. Although he was lying on the ground unconscious and had multiple broken bones and spent the next 2 weeks in the hospital.

Two days later it was on the front cover of the newspaper and the cops were asking anybody with information to please call and tell them. Sure enough people that ride there called in with information and the guy was charged.
    Sucks!!! vicious people can lick my ballz.

you should post this on the dirt bike forum... probably just stir shite, but wtf?

ride hard take risks
    We were at Dville last & there were some moto guys there. 1 of our guys was forced off the trail & got some nice rock rash. Further down me & another bud had to get around 4 or 5 of them on the trail because the guy in front didnt know how to navigate tight trails. Then at a bridge crossing 1 moto guy wen off the trail side to the river. Lucky for him he didnt get hurt, there were a handfull of MTB'rs trying to help him out but he didn't know how to ride a river of rocks out, dang tool's.

I started riding moto in '74 & am still in the industry.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

which reminds me...

Quote Originally Posted by dogonfr
    We were at Dville last & there were some moto guys there. 1 of our guys was forced off the trail & got some nice rock rash. Further down me & another bud had to get around 4 or 5 of them on the trail because the guy in front didnt know how to navigate tight trails. Then at a bridge crossing 1 moto guy wen off the trail side to the river. Lucky for him he didnt get hurt, there were a handfull of MTB'rs trying to help him out but he didn't know how to ride a river of rocks out, dang tool's.

I started riding moto in '74 & am still in the industry.
    there should be some kind of skills-test requirement for ohv operators.
    I can't believe the tool boxes i came across on the trails a few weeks ago. nearly went head-on with a dude clearly on more bike than he can handle. most everyone else was cool/ responsible. came across a quad that went head-on with a jeep...ouch!

mtbr member
    I can't believe the tool boxes i came across on the trails a few weeks ago. nearly went head-on with a dude clearly on more bike than he can handle.

Same for MTB's or road bikers. I wasn't aware that just getting on a downhill bike makes you a pro.
    What about road bikers??? Everyone says they belong on the road but car drivers are required to have insurance and a license. There is no road bike proficiency test like a street motorcycle. When I see road bikers doing stupid stuff, I want to run them over as well. Mostly in a weeble-wobble sort of way. I am an avid mtb'er and used to ride dirtbikes as well. I had a head on collision on a blind turn with another dirtbiker. Bad news but oh well. Just part of the sport. I agree with everyone who says we need to work together and protect our areas. That dirtbiker who said to run them over is a jacka**. But there are jacka**es everywhere. Even on this site. Heck I may be one of them sometimes.

T.Dot Represent
    i like how they refferd to us as leg shavers... ie never seen a dher do that......
    fiiiiiiiiiiiinchizzzzzzzzzzle

Quote Originally Posted by finchy
    i like how they refferd to us as leg shavers... ie never seen a dher do that......
    yeah.... not even sabrina, april ot tara... but maybe miles rockwell did

Young.Brash.Hopeful.
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by finchy
    one of the fastest DH'ers I know shaves his legs.

TNC
    noMAD man

Now Jake...

I have an mx bike and I dont like it, boring...... I have noticed that MX guys are cocky tards.... but I guess there is just as many cocky tard mtbers...

MX'ers may be haughty, arrogant tards, but trail riding, enduro-style riders are just like us. They like singletrack.

Seriously though, trail riding a dirt motor is much like mountainbiking. That's why I do both. For me personally, MX does get a little boring. I like varying terrain...just the same for MTB.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Lets just all log on over there and stir the pot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover Nick
    arguing with them on their own turf is a bad idea.

Believe me ive been on car forums long enough to know this ... bunch of us decided to takeover a kia forum and it didnt end well for anyone, the administrator of the site we were from (accordtuner.com) got in some hot water from the admin of the kia site, and we got temp bans for a while

its bad publicity for mtbr

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Believe me ive been on car forums long enough to know this ... bunch of us decided to takeover a kia forum and it didnt end well for anyone, the administrator of the site we were from (accordtuner.com) got in some hot water from the admin of the kia site, and we got temp bans for a while

Naw I joined that site a while back to stir the pot. My name over there is 'FESTOR.'

Quote Originally Posted by matt
    Naw I joined that site a while back to stir the pot. My name over there is 'FESTOR.'
    LMFAO

J_B
    3056-BigGameHunter
    Some of the moto guys are cool and have had them ask about DH bikes. Some of them are complete a-holes and talk some trash as they are driving out of the park. I don't care what they think about DH or mountain bikes. I just say hi and ride on. I try not to forget that some of the moto guys ride DH or mtb as well.
    PipeHittersUnion

e.thirteen,EVOMO,IntenseCycles,Maxxis,ODI,SDG,661

mtbr member
    one of the fastest DH'ers I know shaves his legs.

I am sorry to say RadChad but your buddy may be fast but he is gay nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by wormvine
    lmao

please tell me it isnt ZachDank

and when the hell am i gonna get to ride with the chico dh crew.... ive met a decent amount of the xc folks, but have only ridden with jeff (snowforner15)

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Not trying to argue with you, but how did they know what forum you were from?

not sure .... i think the guy either pulled off a google search and found the threads about the kia forum on accordtuner .... or found the same usernames on accordtuner and asked the admin for our IP's or something.

mtbr member
    I thought Mammoth Bar was some bar in Montana that was filled with rednecks that hated DH bikers...I could just imagine some DHers walking in, everyone stops and looks, and the bartender sez: "Boy, we dont serve your kind here..."

But now i know better...

Shot through the heart
    And you're to blame
    You give love a bad name...

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I know a couple of gay fullahs and they DON'T shave there legs. It's a roadie thing.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanDigIt
    I thought Mammoth Bar was some bar in Montana that was filled with rednecks that hated DH bikers...I could just imagine some DHers walking in, everyone stops and looks, and the bartender sez: "Boy, we dont serve your kind here..."

But now i know better...
    ahahahaha, i figured the same thing

Young.Brash.Hopeful.
    Jul 2005
    I'll take this as a really bad joke and pretend your not a complete idiot.

...abuse these forks.
    Its frightening that there are people like that in the world. Especially the part about us going 'hand in hand with the treehuggers.' It seems that many people lump anyone not desicrating the earth with their gasoline death machines into one category and proselitize them for wanting to keep some reaches of the world untouched be engine powered travel; there are few left. I used to ride on some public land where motorized vehicles were not allowed but of course that was all that I would see out there. More than once I was run off of the trail by ATVs or dirt bikes and several times got into altercations with methed-out hicks trying to get their adrenaline fix. Freeriders unite and defend our trails!
    Dont pinkbike my mtbr

mtbr remember
    I used to be heavy into moto! (my old man builds classic harleys (not ridiculous occ flamin' sh!t) and I may be in the market for a drz400sm for a commuter this year). still am into moto too, just can't afford it, haha... but lot's of my friends are still into just about anything moto, from SX indoor racing, to enduro and street stuntin'... all of'em are fiddy head's these days as well, which I get a kick out of, but they drop some serious dough into those little rides. They're all stoked on DH biking as well, but like me, most of them can only afford to support one hobby at a time, but they still have the respect.

Unlike those tools. I didn't even read much on that forum, but I can tell it's quality. regardless of the sport, there are always tools. that's life, some people suck at it harshly.
    Schralp it Heavy.

Glad to Be Alive
    who fvcking cares....why would it bother you???? I don't care unless I was oin the trail then I would show my shaven legs and waxed chest and see what they would do
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    who fvcking cares....why would it bother you???? I don't care unless I was oin the trail then I would show my shaven legs and waxed chest and see what they would do
    i don't care if someone calls me a leg shaving ******... i haven't shaved my legs in years and the only dick i've ever been into is my own.

it's only when they talk about running us over that i get a little concerned. rice burner pilots were talkin' the same kinda shite about roadies AFTER a super-motard wannabe knock my buddy off of his bike. two weeks later a motorcyclist hit and killed a roadie.
    i take that shite seriously nowaday.

Quote Originally Posted by BikeSATORI

Unlike those tools. I didn't even read much on that forum, but I can tell it's quality. regardless of the sport, there are always tools. that's life, some people suck at it harshly.
    true dat!

btw: fifties are fun as hell (mine's a 125cc now) and yeah, you can dump cash into those things... or look for the cheap crap on ebay

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by velocipus
    i \

it's only when they talk about running us over that i get a little concerned. rice burner pilots were talkin' the same kinda shite about roadies AFTER a super-motard wannabe knock my buddy off of his bike. two weeks later a motorcyclist hit and killed a roadie.
    i take that shite seriously nowaday.

sorry I didn't know......I guess it hasn't happen close to home...but I would go apshiat
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

DH on a HT
    ok i didnt want to be a D!ck but i posted on the forum and im soory it what i posted on there offends anyone here..

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/sho...=1#post4556232

Quote Originally Posted by DraVen
    ok i didnt want to be a D!ck but i posted on the forum and im soory it what i posted on there offends anyone here..

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/sho...=1#post4556232
    well put!
    i'm ashamed that i didn't nut up and say sumpthin'. then again, i couldn't have said it better.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    As far as raod biking and rules go. If they run a stop sign, you have the right to hit them and kill them and their estate has to pay for the damages to your car. This also applies to children riding the wrong way or entering traffic with out stopping from a driveway. (you could prove reckless endagerment or malicious intent, but that would be secondary). The rules are the rules and because motorized transport is gonna hurt you more does not give them any more or less reponsibility. (Notice this does not take into account ethics or any use of common sense or moral responsibility). Concerning dangerous idiots, I grew up in the south where you could run into poisonous snakes all the time (12 in one day rafting). You just have to learn how to identify them and stay the hell away, because if you try to shoot them all you end up with a ton of holes in your own boat (this actually happens - hence the too drunk to fish jokes are not fiction)

Question if someone wants respect as dh bikers from mx riders why would they turn around and make fun of other folks for shaving their legs? Glass house scenario........

AWESOME!
    This is one of the reasons I'm getting out of MX and starting to ride DH. Motocross has gotten too big, and the sport is full of know-it-all *******s like these guys. Don't get me wrong, I have friends that I'll probably have for life from motocross, and some of them are cool. Most are just uptight dicks who think they're better than the general population.

Anywho, like I said, I completely stopped riding big bikes, sold off my '06 YZ125, picked up a pitbike, and now I'm ordering either a Trek Session 77 or Remedy 66.

I've posted on Thumpertalk before, I may say something over there.

TNC
    noMAD man

Fester...they're everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by DRTRIDR
    What a bunch of dumbsh!ts. The guy with the screen name "FESTOR" is the biggest tool of them all. Real nice guy- "run the leg shaving fa#gots over." This quote isn't too bad either, "f-them, run them over, if they have balls enough to ride our stuff (i.e. trails) then lets play chicken." I believe that may have been a criminal statement. Cool guy! A DH rider laid his bike down to avoid a motorcycle and WE are the jackasses???

Glad to see that guy got flamed!!!

Last thing, if Festor tries to "play chicken" with either myself or my friends---- ehhh, not the best of ideas!!!
    LOL!...yeah, we all have our Fester type characters. Every sport and activity has idiots like this. Just look...we have our SMT...LOL! Just kidding with you, Bob.

Funny thing...I'm a member of Thumper Talk and some other off road motorcycle boards. I like off road motorcycles and own one. You see morons like this Fester guy and other dumb posters on any activity forum you go to...anywhere. It's easy to shoot off your mouth on an internet board...a different situation when you're face-to-face with the other person. Regardless, it points out how selfish and small-minded some of us can be when it comes to access to public land. I've been on Slickrock trail in Moab on at least 3 occasions standing beside some other MTB'ers at a rest point or overlook when a dirt motor came by, and an MTB'er would make a negative comment about how dirt motorcycles shouldn't be allowed to ride the trail. In a friendly but educational way, I've informed them that off road motorcycle guys are the ones who laid out the route we're currently riding, for the most part. The ones making the negative comments usually didn't have a clue about that. Hey...it's a common fact that most of us want what we want, and we tend to want it all for ourselves. Everybody needs to look at the big picture and realize that the real enemy is the group of well-intentioned idiots who want all of us off of public land if we're riding or driving a vehicle or bicycle.

aka Suicidedownhiller
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by J_B
    Some of them are complete a-holes and talk some trash as they are driving out of the park.
    Like TNC said, its harder to say it to someone's face, . I wouldn't be afraid to play chicken with someone who "Takls trash while driving away."

As for the dirtbikes riding the trails, I wouldn't mind if they looked up at the area around them. ATV's, however, do tear up the trail and ruin the plants on the side because of the bigger egine and wheels. But the ones on dirtbikes on the mountain bike trails are dicks, ESPECIALLY 50's who think its ok to dirt jump on our jumps that took weeks to built, turn all the dirt into soft sand, break the lips of jumps and landings, recarve it for them and leave.

But bellec isn't that bad. And the only mtber's I have run into that were weird ( not mean but rude) were XCer's and I figured they were pissed because they were going up hill as I was flying/jumping down by them. They seem happy on the way down though
    I have joined HAHAAHAAHAHAHA < evil laugh
    Last edited by skyjumper; 03-27-2007 at 09:20 AM.
    Freeride is a way of life.

aka Suicidedownhiller
    Apr 2006

AWESOME!
    Quote Originally Posted by skyjumper
    Haha, keep it.

aka Suicidedownhiller
    Apr 2006
    lol, Is anyone else logged in over there? Your missing a great arguement!

DH on a HT
    im watchin... and holding my tounge

aka Suicidedownhiller
    Apr 2006
    don't please, let go of your tounge!

TNC
    noMAD man
    LOL!...I just posted over there...been a member there for awhile. I didn't post any flames...just my usual elderly wisdom...LOL! I wouldn't make a great deal out of any of this. Hell, when I first read the title of this post, I was highly angered. I thought some MTB'ers were refused service in a tavern or something. Now that would be something to get pissed about...LOL!

aka Suicidedownhiller
    Apr 2006
    Whats your name over there?

banned
    That thread just shows peas in a pod to me.

That is pretty much why I can't stand dirt bikers or mountain bikers.

They are floating around in outer space with giant inflated heads.

TNC
    noMAD man
    Same as here.

Edit: I just looked back over there and couldn't find my post. The site seems to work just like MTBR, as far as the format goes. Damn...do you think I've already been banned?...LOL! I did use the terms dumba$$es and A-holes, but they were used in a very loving and instructional manner and not directed at any individual...honest...LOL!
    Last edited by TNC; 03-27-2007 at 01:24 PM.

aka Suicidedownhiller
    Apr 2006
    than what are you doing on a mtb thread/ forum?

banned
    than what are you doing on a mtb thread/ forum?
    Hmm... because I like pork and beans?

Get over yourself... really try. I know it's hard.

Riding mountain bikes does not require liking mountain bikers.

Say it 10 times slowly and wonder why you ever bothered to ask.

aka Suicidedownhiller
    Apr 2006
    ok ok, true, but I hvae gotten some of the best friends ever through mtb's

Old school BMXer
    BTW, they have a peer system. You can affect any users peer rating by clicking on the "gas can" in the upper right hand corner of the post. Click on the fuel gauge for an explanation.

We all know that there are yahoos in every sport, and some of the worst (and best ) of that sport have shown up.

dirt rules
    It's funny how the people with the poorest attitudes have the poorest grasp of the english language, and spelling. They are obviously not too bright. Most probably never read a book they weren't forced to, and most were probably lucky to finish high school. They get online and spout their ignorance and act proud of it. SAD.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    i shave my legs. and i've ridden a mtn bike a few times (norba national medal at big bear, a few dozen expert class xc wins), so i'm not too much of a roadie poser. my girlfriend digs it. that's good enough for me.

i also own and ride a dirtbike, which i guess makes me some kind of reneck drunk. i think most of y'all realize that 10% of dirtbikers are selfish lazy tools, and 10% of mtn bikers are wilderness loving hypocritical elitist kooks. the rest of us should be smart enough to say hi to one another, and for gosh' sake, pay attention if you're pedaling on designated motorized trails. i've been riding my mtn bike on dirtbike trails for almost 20 years. never had a problem. i can hear them coming, so i watch out or pull over. honestly, i don't see what all the fuss is about. so a couple bicyclists were riding stupid and a dirtbiker got his panties wadded up. big deal.

we used to ride mammoth bar every sunday before work (at precision bicycles). never had a problem. i must be less of a dick than some people, lol.
    mark weaver
    kuna, id

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtydownhill
    Its frightening that there are people like that in the world. Especially the part about us going 'hand in hand with the treehuggers.' It seems that many people lump anyone not desicrating the earth with their gasoline death machines into one category and proselitize them for wanting to keep some reaches of the world untouched be engine powered travel; there are few left. I used to ride on some public land where motorized vehicles were not allowed but of course that was all that I would see out there. More than once I was run off of the trail by ATVs or dirt bikes and several times got into altercations with methed-out hicks trying to get their adrenaline fix. Freeriders unite and defend our trails!
    Hey Pot, Hey Kettle!!

Classic!! You write of discontent with their words, yet you grant them some name-calling of your own. Who exactly is taller? I can't figure that out.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingduck
    It's funny how the people with the poorest attitudes have the poorest grasp of the english language, and spelling. They are obviously not too bright. Most probably never read a book they weren't forced to, and most were probably lucky to finish high school. They get online and spout their ignorance and act proud of it. SAD.
    Tit for tat? Would you like for me to point out all of the posts in this thread that were written with lack of grammar? Seems you all have some poor attitudes and poor writers too.

Simple little mind. Can't seem to find a real argument, hey?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster1200
    We all know that there are yahoos in every sport, and some of the worst (and best ) of that sport have shown up.
    As too this thread is showing off your community's talent level. Looks like there are yahoos in both sports.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Whats your name over there?
    Oh geeze!!! This is funny. You're citing how stupid people are yet you can't figure out what TNC's handle is on ThumperTalk? Classic!!!

"Stupid is as stupid does"

Yeah, there's lots of stupidity on both boards. I see you all have your own clutch of retards.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    DH = Panzies that don't have the ballsack to ride 240lbs of metal up and down hills at five times the speed.

As if what jackie?

dirt rules
    Quote Originally Posted by HearMeComing
    Tit for tat? Would you like for me to point out all of the posts in this thread that were written with lack of grammar? Seems you all have some poor attitudes and poor writers too.
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't see it as "us vs. them". I'm sorry if I offended you and your little flock of illiterate buddies.
    Simple little mind. Can't seem to find a real argument, hey?
    I didn't feel I had much to add, there had been some very good points made already. (By those more literate)

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    if you read more into their board the smart guys realise than A) downhillers like the motorcyclists .... B) downhillers dont shave their legs

Edit: anyone get to page 5 ..... people are *****ing out the dirtbikers at dville? **** that the dirtbikes have been there WAYY before that got popular. .... believe me my folks have been going camping near the top since 1980
    "Shaving legs" comment was a joke and you're panties are so effin' tight you can't grasp it.

About D'Ville, yeah, the motos where there long before 1980.

FYI, all of those trails you all dig were built and maintained through Green-sticker OHV funds, not your non-registered bicycles.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't see it as "us vs. them". I'm sorry if I offended you and your little flock of illiterate buddies. I didn't feel I had much to add, there had been some very good points made already. (By those more literate)
    Dude, you're not punching out of that paper bag very well.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Rover Nick
    Rock n' Roll Nicky. This is going to get fun over here too.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    As too there should be some required education for MTBers. I can't tell you how many Powerbar wappers and tube patching by-products I find on the trail at D'Villel. It's a silly shame.

All parties could use some education. That's very evident.

dirt rules
    Rock n' Roll Nicky. This is going to get fun over here too.
    Do you have OCD or something? You're FUNNY! keep going, you're cracking me up. Maybe you can post 20 times in the next hour. Go for some kind of record!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by TNC
    MX'ers may be haughty, arrogant tards, but trail riding, enduro-style riders are just like us. They like singletrack.

Seriously though, trail riding a dirt motor is much like mountainbiking. That's why I do both. For me personally, MX does get a little boring. I like varying terrain...just the same for MTB.
    I can agree with you to a point. I'm a top-ten enduro racer in NorCal, yet I do like to ride MX too and I find many cool folks in that sport. Fact is there are dicks in every sport along with good genuine people. The reality is that stereotypes are not necessary.

My favorite sport is board fishing. I wonder how many wankers I can catch over here.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Do you have OCD or something? You're FUNNY! keep going, you're cracking me up. Maybe you can post 20 times in the next hour. Go for some kind of record!

Nope, just another five year-old smart-azz punk.

Hey DraVen, can you figure out who I am now?

banned
    Dude, you're not punching out of that paper bag very well.
    Yeah dude.

What kind of moto you ride, dude?

I bet I could jump on it with my DH gear on and rip it better than you could on your own trail. Shiester... I'll ride it nude for ya with no shoes. You like that?

Flip flops and socks, and I own you son.

banned
    My favorite sport is board fishing.
    Board fishing isn't a sport, it's a hobby... like golf and throttle twisting on a sunday afternoon.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 29Colossus
    Yeah dude.

What kind of moto you ride, dude?
    The one that's going to give some of you a front-fender enima if you don't hurry up and get out of my effin' way.

I bet I could jump on it with my DH gear on and rip it better than you could on your own trail. Shiester... I'll ride it nude for ya with no shoes. You like that?

Flip flops and socks, and I own you son.

You sound like velosapiens (aka Squid Boy). Since you two like to ride nekkid and all maybe you should invite him to go camping with you too.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I just what to know when someone's going to issue the challenge on one of these boards to see who can ride the Downieville Downhill faster. Me on my moto or one of you peddlers on your bicycle. This would be fun to quill some of the smack talk I've heard from you peddlers.

Old school BMXer
    As too this thread is showing off your community's talent level. Looks like there are yahoos in both sports.
    No doubt.

I assume you're a TT'er?
    May the air be filled with tires!

banned
    The one that's going to give some of you a front-fender enima if you don't hurry up and get out of my effin' way.
    Pffft... I tackle fools like you on the trails. I have plenty of time to get ready because I can hear you coming and see your mullet from just about as far. I always tackle mullet motoed throttle twisters.

You sound like velosapiens (aka Squid Boy). Since you two like to ride nekkid and all maybe you should invite him to go camping with you too.
    No... YOU like my riding naked. YOU like ME riding YOUR bike naked. I'll ride it all fancy for ya to, bro. You like that Mr. Moto? You with your mullet watching me naked riding your bike better than you?

I will guess you ride a ZR50 and call it good. That sound about right?

banned
    I just what to know when someone's going to issue the challenge on one of these boards to see who can ride the Downieville Downhill faster. Me on my moto or one of you peddlers on your bicycle. This would be fun to quill some of the smack talk I've heard from you peddlers.
    I'll do it anytime you want. Only for pinks though.

So... what kind of moto will I be selling when I win yours?

mtbr member
    I built a giant motorcycle out of cheese once, it was fully functional, ripping fast and I could get spare parts at the grocery store.The mice ate it before I could take any pictures or race it, but I can make another one any time I want to.

This is the same fight the hikers have with bike folks in Marin, an the off-road Moto heads are facing in WA state. A bunch of spoiled and over entitled kids shitting in their own beds and then crying their eyes out on the internet.

Use this space for what?
    Hey man, I'm sorry that they did that to you! Generally, the people over there are really nice to everyone. Guess there is always a few that ruin the fun..
    '08 Cannondale SystemSIX 4
    '07 Bianchi MUSS - with trick bits
    '04 Kona Stinky - Sold!
    '86 Miele

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke
    I built a giant motorcycle out of cheese once.
    I don't believe you. Cheesesteak maybe, but never just cheese.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I will guess you ride a ZR50 and call it good. That sound about right?
    Good guess. Now, at least it isn't a POS Cannondale.

So, how are you gonna feel when you get passed by a mullet wearing moto guy on a ZR50?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I'll do it anytime you want. Only for pinks though.

So... what kind of moto will I be selling when I win yours?
    What ever it takes for you to pay up sucka! Cause you gonna loose foo.

mtbr remember
    hahaha, oh man... quality stuff...

let's all weigh our e-balls.

do snowmobilers ever get pissed at skiers or snowboarders, then challenge to race?
    Schralp it Heavy.

banned
    Good guess. Now, at least it isn't a POS Cannondale.

So, how are you gonna feel when you get passed by a mullet wearing moto guy on a ZR50?
    I will be feeling joyous. I will have been long pulled over and deep in laughter.

Come on! What you ridin' Chico?

You ever see that show, Chico and the Man?

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeSATORI
    do snowmobilers ever get pissed at skiers or snowboarders, then challenge to race?
    I challenge every skier I see to a race when I am on my snowmobile... doesn't everyone? When they stare at me blankly, I crack open the throttle, and melt snow!

banned
    What ever it takes for you to pay up sucka! Cause you gonna loose foo.
    OK then, when are we doin' it? I can do it almost anyday.

I suppose I could lose, but I doubt I will. I'll bring my DH and my moto. I'll kick your butt on my DH bike, then I'll let you try to beat me on my moto while I beat you again on your moto... that would at that point be my moto because you lost it in the first race... against the bicycle....

Just don't shave the mullet. The deal is off if you shave the mullet.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    OK then, when are we doin' it? I can do it almost anyday.

I suppose I could lose, but I doubt I will. I'll bring my DH and my moto. I'll kick your butt on my DH bike, then I'll let you try to beat me on my moto while I beat you again on your moto... that would at that point be my moto because you lost it in the first race... against the bicycle....

Just don't shave the mullet. The deal is off if you shave the mullet.
    How about this Sunday.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    will there be beer? dang. looks like the mtn bike trolls caught someone, lol. what up yzwiley?
    mark weaver
    kuna, id

banned
    How about this Sunday.
    Be there or be square! It's on!

TNC
    noMAD man
    OK 29 and Hear, apparently both of you have thrown down the gauntlet and accepted the challenge. Are you both talking about the route classified as the "Downieville Classic" route, just part of it, or what? There are places in that route that a dirt motor would build so much of lead that I have a hard time believing a bicycle could compete very well. One of the guys here at the shop has ridden that route, I haven't. His description of the route and his knowledge of dirt motors gives him the same opinion...a bicycle probably can't beat a dirt motor there. IMO almost any given downhill route will have to be just about 100% technical to give a bicycle the edge. Even then, I think many might be surprised how well a dirt motor with a good rider can go through even highly technical areas. Maybe some are basing their opinions on this issue on seeing mediocre moto guys and bicycle guys struggling through semi-technical areas on their respective mounts. Good riders in both venues are amazingly good, and the motor on the off road motorcycle gives a tremendous advantage that is hard to make up...not to even mention the unbelieveable suspension that most dirt motors have.

Let's keep track of this challenge to make sure both of you follow through with your claims. This should be fun, and maybe we ought to keep it as friendly as possible. Let's see what happens. If either poster doesn't follow through, we ought to hound the one who fails to show up relentlessly on either or both forums. I think it's a neat idea for a challenge and should prove interesting. I'm not flaming either side of this debate. I look at it as more of a fun event to see what happens...kind of like the Billie Jean King vs. Bobby Riggs tennis match back in the day...LOL! OK guys...pony up.

"Shaving legs" comment was a joke and you're panties are so effin' tight you can't grasp it.

About D'Ville, yeah, the motos where there long before 1980.

FYI, all of those trails you all dig were built and maintained through Green-sticker OHV funds, not your non-registered bicycles.
    funny, i thought they were maintained by volunteers. next trail work day at D'ville you should head up there and let everyone know that there work is not neccesary because the green sticker program will take care of it.

So, since i have a green sticker and a red sticker, does that mean I never need to worry about trail maintenance? Surely the sticker programs are taking care of that for me.

As too there should be some required education for MTBers. I can't tell you how many Powerbar wappers and tube patching by-products I find on the trail at D'Villel. It's a silly shame.

All parties could use some education. That's very evident.
    And I see bud light cans strewn about the staging areas at knoxville and penny pines. Yup, there are littering idiots everywhere.

I have to say that bicycle related litter bugs me more than most. Guess i hold all trail users to a pretty high standard. As far as beer cans littering a parking lot.. well, i just expect it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    funny, i thought they were maintained by volunteers. next trail work day at D'ville you should head up there and let everyone know that there work is not neccesary because the green sticker program will take care of it.

So, since i have a green sticker and a red sticker, does that mean I never need to worry about trail maintenance? Surely the sticker programs are taking care of that for me.
    Keyword "were".

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    OK 29 and Hear, apparently both of you have thrown down the gauntlet and accepted the challenge. Are you both talking about the route classified as the "Downieville Classic" route, just part of it, or what? There are places in that route that a dirt motor would build so much of lead that I have a hard time believing a bicycle could compete very well. One of the guys here at the shop has ridden that route, I haven't. His description of the route and his knowledge of dirt motors gives him the same opinion...a bicycle probably can't beat a dirt motor there. IMO almost any given downhill route will have to be just about 100% technical to give a bicycle the edge. Even then, I think many might be surprised how well a dirt motor with a good rider can go through even highly technical areas. Maybe some are basing their opinions on this issue on seeing mediocre moto guys and bicycle guys struggling through semi-technical areas on their respective mounts. Good riders in both venues are amazingly good, and the motor on the off road motorcycle gives a tremendous advantage that is hard to make up...not to even mention the unbelieveable suspension that most dirt motors have.

Let's keep track of this challenge to make sure both of you follow through with your claims. This should be fun, and maybe we ought to keep it as friendly as possible. Let's see what happens. If either poster doesn't follow through, we ought to hound the one who fails to show up relentlessly on either or both forums. I think it's a neat idea for a challenge and should prove interesting. I'm not flaming either side of this debate. I look at it as more of a fun event to see what happens...kind of like the Billie Jean King vs. Bobby Riggs tennis match back in the day...LOL! OK guys...pony up.
    Any intermediate MX'er could beat Mark Weir down the dville course. The only place a mountain bike would shine would be in the tight corners and switches. The Moto would gain HUGE time on the straights, the uphill, and most definitely the fire road between sections. No contest.

Also, the official course has been extended this year to include the Sunset trail at the start. I'm not sure if that means more uphill, downhill, or both.

Keyword "were".
    were? i guess i should have said "are."
    seems a lot of the maintenance is being organized by a mtb outfitter
    http://www.downievilleoutfitters.com/home.html

the only mention of trail maintenance by a dirt bike org was an article in the nevada county union about the n.c. woods riders (kinda gay-porn sounding)
    but no mention of it on there site... hmmm.
    Last edited by velocipus; 03-28-2007 at 10:00 AM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    OK 29 and Hear, apparently both of you have thrown down the gauntlet and accepted the challenge. Are you both talking about the route classified as the "Downieville Classic" route, just part of it, or what?
    How about from the top of the mountain to the bottom? ....or to that lower bridge. Whatever, doesn't mater to me.

There are places in that route that a dirt motor would build so much of lead that I have a hard time believing a bicycle could compete very well. One of the guys here at the shop has ridden that route, I haven't. His description of the route and his knowledge of dirt motors gives him the same opinion...a bicycle probably can't beat a dirt motor there.
    That's what I would think too, but some smack talkers think different. I just can't see a mountain bike catching me when I'm in fifth gear and on the gas, as too when I can straighten the trail by rolling the big rocks.

IMO almost any given downhill route will have to be just about 100% technical to give a bicycle the edge. Even then, I think many might be surprised how well a dirt motor with a good rider can go through even highly technical areas. Maybe some are basing their opinions on this issue on seeing mediocre moto guys and bicycle guys struggling through semi-technical areas on their respective mounts. Good riders in both venues are amazingly good, and the motor on the off road motorcycle gives a tremendous advantage that is hard to make up...not to even mention the unbelieveable suspension that most dirt motors have.
    Hope 29 is an expert or else this is going to be a snoozer.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms
    Any intermediate MX'er could beat Mark Weir down the dville course.
    ...and I'm not an intermediate. Sure you still want to attempt this 29? Seems Dusty is one in your community who knows the reality and not the smack.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by velosapiens
    will there be beer? dang. looks like the mtn bike trolls caught someone, lol. what up yzwiley?
    Who caught who?

Hello Markie.

TNC
    noMAD man

Hmc

I can agree with you to a point. I'm a top-ten enduro racer in NorCal, yet I do like to ride MX too and I find many cool folks in that sport. Fact is there are dicks in every sport along with good genuine people. The reality is that stereotypes are not necessary.

My favorite sport is board fishing. I wonder how many wankers I can catch over here.
    My comment to Jake on MX'ers was definitely a joke...hence the smiley face and "seriously though" follow up comment. HMC, I do both dirt motors and MTBs. I worked at a motorcycle shop as a mechanic for 15 years in a part time job to pay for my "habit". I now work part time at a bicycle shop part time...to pay for my "habit". I highly respect both types of activity as I know quite well the talent, skill, and commitment needed for both. Though I was most involved in enduro racing in the Texas TSTC circuit...even won a 2-day event in the 200 class one time at the state level...I raced MX and even won a few trophies in those events. I don't race anymore and mainly just trail ride for fun...same thing I do on the MTB. Our local dirt motor club just put on our state circuit enduro a couple of weekends ago. I'm a check captain and trail maintenance guy at that event. We also ride our MTBs at that same place the rest of the year.

I say all this to point out that I love both sports/activities. I don't hold one over the other, though I'm currently probably doing more MTB than dirt motor right now. Both are fun and both deserve respect for their individual requirements...even MX'ers.

BTW...what is board fishing? I enjoy bass fishing when I can find the time to do it. I'm usually doing something off road, since it's more fun IMO. Oh, and speaking of off road, I also have a modified older full-size Jimmy that I 4-Wheel with my wife in the western U.S. She's not into MTB or off road motors, but she enjoys the wheeling. So basically I guess I'm just an off road wanker who likes most any type of off road activity. Honestly I hate to see posts like this where two sides to what is actually a very similar interest conflict with one another. I do, however, think the Downieville challenge would be a very fun and interesting thing to see follow through. It might even help each side see what the other side is like.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms
    Any intermediate MX'er could beat Mark Weir down the dville course. The only place a mountain bike would shine would be in the tight corners and switches. The Moto would gain HUGE time on the straights, the uphill, and most definitely the fire road between sections. No contest.

Also, the official course has been extended this year to include the Sunset trail at the start. I'm not sure if that means more uphill, downhill, or both.
    what a joke....I agree....pretty much a motor is going to beat a human anytime

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    All of this because people couldn't take Fester's post as a joke, ...and a mighty funny one at that.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    IMO almost any given downhill route will have to be just about 100% technical to give a bicycle the edge. Even then, I think many might be surprised how well a dirt motor with a good rider can go through even highly technical areas.
    i think even in very technical terrain, the motorcycle will dog up the bicycle. i'm not a pro-level dh-er by any means, but i won alot of expert class xc races, and i was one of the stronger downhillers among xc guys (which probably still means i'm slow, lol). i'm also a reasonably good motorcyclist (enduro, not mx), and i've ridden almost all the trails at d-ville on bicycle and motorcycle both. i've certainly passed slow moto guys when i've been on the bicycle, but there is no way in hell i ride faster on the bicycle than on the moto. the suspension and traction on a decent offroad motorcycle is amazing, and a motorcycle is pretty much endo-proof. you might be surprised how much a good rider is on the gas even on the downhills. all the switchbacks at d-ville (possible exception of fiddler creek which i haven't ridden with a moto) are much faster for me on the motorcycle. hearmecoming is a considerably more talented rider than i am, so i don't think there's any bicyclist in the world that could beat him down the dh course even if you took the climb from 2nd divide to 3rd divide out of it.

otoh, who cares. 29colossus is clearly a pansy troll of some sort, lol. all this talk of d-ville made me want to go there again until i started checking out the moto trails at blacks creek (20 mins from my work in boise). woohoo. i'm going after work.
    mark weaver
    kuna, id

All of this because people couldn't take Fester's post as a joke, ...and a mighty funny one at that.
    don't remeber fester's comment 'cept for the "leg shaving fa ggots" comment (strange how people took issue with the leg shaving part, but not the fa ggots part.) don't really care what one guy coming off as an ignorant redneck thinks is funny either.

i take issue with the dickweed threatening to run people over. that sh!t is not at all funny. that's the reason i brought it over here. I thought ALL of the DHers, responsible or not might want to know what a few a$$hole DBers thought and, serious or not, that some had threatened to run folks over. hell, you made the same threat right here on this board.

TNC
    noMAD man
    Yeah Velo, that would be my guess, as I pointed out, but 29 is a regular poster on some of the boards here on MTBR, and if he makes the claim, then he should do his part to put up or shut up. I think it would be fun just for grins to see how the speed differences worked out either way. The world ain't comin' to an end if it goes either way, but my money is on the dirt motor at this point.

Funny comparison on people's perception about what's fast and what's not...I had an Ag teacher in a small rural school who owned some high dollar cutting horses. I rode a '70 Suzuki 350cc twin 2-stroke road bike at the time. He thought a horse was faster in the 1/4 mile than a motorcycle...and he was serious. Obviously he didn't have a clue, but I bet him that his horse wasn't even faster than my smaller motorcycle at even 100 yards. Then I got brave and claimed 50 yards. The horse wouldn't run with the motorcycle at the same time on the side of the road, so we used a stopwatch to time each. Surprisingly that horse was ahead of my time up until about 30 yards, but after that it was all over. The motorcycle gained big time after that. 100 yards would have been a joke. That cutting horse could accelerate out of the hole like you wouldn't believe. Remember that was 1970 with cheesy tires, a 350cc bike, and an inexperienced high school drag racer...well...inexperienced with motorcycle drag racing...LOL! My feet were flailing off the pegs for control at the start...looked pretty funny. I just bring this up to point out that sometimes things are faster or slower than we might think until it's proven. My money is still on the dirt motor.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    don't remeber fester's comment 'cept for the "leg shaving fa ggots" comment (strange how people took issue with the leg shaving part, but not the fa ggots part.) don't really care what one guy coming off as an ignorant redneck thinks is funny either.

i take issue with the dickweed threatening to run people over. that sh!t is not at all funny. that's the reason i brought it over here. I thought ALL of the DHers, responsible or not might want to know what a few a$$hole DBers thought and, serious or not, that some had threatened to run folks over. hell, you made the same threat right here on this board.
    It was funny as hell. It appears those "guess your religion" cycle shorts you have on have crawled too far up your anus.

You buddies with bellic? If not, you two should go ride a tandem together and enjoy the sunset.

If any of you thought Fester's post was serious then I'd question if you ever wear a helmet, because a common-sense thinker would realize that by his screen name and the post it was only a joke, .....and a goddam funny one at that!

mtbr remember
    It was funny as hell. It appears those "guess your religion" cycle shorts you have on have crawled too far up your anus.

You buddies with bellic? If not, you two should go ride a tandem together and enjoy the sunset.

If any of you thought Fester's post was serious then I'd question if you ever wear a helmet, because a common-sense thinker would realize that by his screen name and the post it was only a joke, .....and a goddam funny one at that!
    yeah, Fester's comedy is just side-splitting hilarious... about as much so as Columbine high-school kids wearing long black trench coats jokin' around with deathnotes. an effin' riot! ha ha. ha ha...

seriously though... c'mon man, what are you trying to prove here? What is anyone trying to prove here?
    That not everyone on a computer forum is serious? not everyone on a computer forum fits the "stereotype" of a given sport, or is up to the "standards of intelligence" some others may expect? well no shift my friend, could have come out and just said that one straight up. we're just throwin' down roman characters onto a screen, whether they are formed from hostility, from humor, or from astonishment here... one reason why sarcasm completely sucks on a forum, you cannot always tell the root of intent.
    And every sport is going to have a population of participants who are like a zit full of testosterone ready to explode.... that's the nature of some people's egocentric competetiveness... or even in this case here, just to prove a moot point.
    Isn't it quite obvious that most on these forums probably don't see any point in racing a motorcycle vs. a DH bike? or even discussing it. most of the only people who reply to these type of threads are those who for some reason take it too personally, or are blinded by some ridiculous prejudices they hold and feel the need to prove...

29Colossus seemed to just be yankin' your chain on half of those posts, I know he has on more than one occasion in other bike related threads, just egging it on... But I can't speak for him, maybe at the end he got serious, but where else is the argument gonna go once it escalates?

spandex and shaved legs with bikes, mullets and whatever with dirtbikes, hikers and treehuggers and hippies or whatever... c'mon... those ridiculous stereotypes can only go so far... illusions. just like white people and this and mexicans with that and asians with those... Don't know how these things got in your head, but give up or turn it loose.

on a side note... as if the above wasn't sidetracked enough.... I'm with TNC, it would be good fun just for comparison... I have no clue what D'ville is like, but might be cool just go out and shred some s-track both with and without a motor, compare, throw out some words and what not, then give it a rest in the end and all go out for a brew or two.
    Schralp it Heavy.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    God I hate stupid people.

The ignorance of this **** is off the charts.

notabouttoseeyourlight
    This thread is going nowhere fast....
    cycle tracks will abound in utopia.

Members who have read this thread: 0