demo or sunday- Mtbr.com

Thread: demo or sunday

Mendo Bay Rider
    Oct 2006

demo or sunday

demo or sunday? yeah yeah this sounds like another dumb "i wanna be like sam hill thread" but i actually do have some questions. so first of all i work at a shop where i can get a deal on a specialized demo frame, and then i can get a good deal on a used sunday frame too. so on either frame i get i would probably have a boxxer, x.9 parts, xt crank w/ e13 guide, 823/340 wheelset, etc. first of all, which frame is going to be lighter? and the other question is would one climb better than the other because some runs i do require riding to the top. i know that they will both be great for dh, im wondering what will be better for riding the xc type trails to the top of the dh runs.

thanks
    colin

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Sunday is lighter, also pedals better. Both are very slack and no amount of perfect pedaling will make them go uphill well.

mtbr member
    If you want a warranty of any type I suggest a Demo. Check out the latest developments on IH. Seems they are not even answering phones and likely out of business.

ROBOTIC RESERVE
    Quote Originally Posted by dascro
    If you want a warranty of any type I suggest a Demo. Check out the latest developments on IH. Seems they are not even answering phones and likely out of business.

Glad I got a Turner. I was looking at a 7Point...Sucks for IH. Can anyone confirm this?
    Captain's Rides
    2008 Turner 5.Spot Raw - Pushed RP23 / Pike 454 U-Turn
    2008 Turner Highline GDO - CCDB / Fox 40

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    can you run a front derailleur on a sunday? you can on a demo, so you can just spin up and itll get you there, i dont know anyone who can pedal any downhill bike up the hills where i live without a granny gear, i mean anything is possible but even if you could you just end up killing yourself before you start to go down

mtbr member
    As great of a bike as the Sunday is, Irn Horse's reputation is pretty bad and its only gotten worse. I'd say the Demo would be the better bet simply based on the awesome lifetime warranty they have, and the fact that the company is more likely than not going to be around for a while.

I have a Demo 7, friends of mine have Demo 8's. We can climb up just about anything if we try hard enough. It isn't exactly fun, but its do-able.

GAME ON!
    sundays aren't cool anymore.
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

Capricious youth...
    The question is, do you like Sam Hill circa'. 2005-2008, or circa' 2009-????

Then thou shalt has thine answer.
    Meh.

GAME ON!
    where's your damn bike, mike?
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

Capricious youth...
    Shipped out Monday. Tracking information started to show up yesterday.

In fact, let me go check the USPS website. Hold please....

Meh.

Capricious youth...
    "Your item left WARSZAWA WER, POLAND on February 18, 2009. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later."
    Meh.

N* Bomber Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettym1k3
    "Your item left WARSZAWA WER, POLAND on February 18, 2009. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later."
    It's going to my apartment. P.S. Lemme test ride it once you get it.
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

Capricious youth...
    Yes you can.

But for now, I'm a little focused on chicken.
    Meh.

I could gap that.
    Jul 2008
    You said you wanted a bike that you could pedal uphill. With my boxxer/dhx/demo combo, I can just adjust the compression on the fork so that its nearly locked out, but still has some travel. Then, play with the pro pedal for best efficiency and the demo can climb...um great for a dh bike? Feels alot like an XC bike at times.

Lovin my 09 Demo. Sickest dh bike ive ridden.
    Demo 8
    P1
    http://www.chainsmokeracing.net/
    Sponsors: Twenty6, ODI, Elka, Crank Bros, Sixsixone, Azonic, Specialized

The Other Dude
    Go for the demo, its a bike brand your shop carries (support them), you get a warranty, specialized has great customer service, and I am not sure if there is an issue yet, but atleast with specialized you know it will be fairly easy to get parts for it.

The IH will pedal better for sure uphill, but that is not where all the fun is. You will be able to pedal the demo uphill, and you will be smiling all the way down. I have owned a new model year demo every year now since 05, they are great bikes, and have yet to let me down.
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

Members who have read this thread: 0