Debatable....- Mtbr.com

Thread: Debatable....

mtbr member

Debatable....

I really cant decide what to do...Ive been saving for a dh bike for a while, but Id also really like to re-make my all mountain rig. The issue is that its either one or the other...I use my all mountain bike in the woods about 3-4 times a week. I assume once I got a dh bike id go alot more since its alot less expensive. What should take pertanance here? Im thikning of switching to an enduro pro frame, with a new fork (still browsing options), and tranfser the rest of the parts over, or go for the dh bike which still remains unnnamed (Bighit, Dh comp, Bullit, its still up in the air...) Any input on this issue would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks alot
    Erik

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by edray
    I really cant decide what to do...Ive been saving for a dh bike for a while, but Id also really like to re-make my all mountain rig. The issue is that its either one or the other...I use my all mountain bike in the woods about 3-4 times a week. I assume once I got a dh bike id go alot more since its alot less expensive. What should take pertanance here? Im thikning of switching to an enduro pro frame, with a new fork (still browsing options), and tranfser the rest of the parts over, or go for the dh bike which still remains unnnamed (Bighit, Dh comp, Bullit, its still up in the air...) Any input on this issue would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks alot
    Erik
    If you build a full blown DH bike thats it! If you plan on racing or shuttle riding then go DH. If you want a bike you can ride anywhere "all mountain" then build a 6-7in travel bike. I got too worn out draging a 43lb DH bike every where with me so i built up a 6in travel bike. My all mountain bike weights 39.65lbs & my 47 year old lungs feel the weight going up but i enjoy the comfey going downhill. Been riding Downieville, N* with no prob.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Members who have read this thread: 0