DD or Exo+ casing confusion, please help!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2020

DD or Exo+ casing confusion, please help!

Sorry, I feel like the psi conversation has been beat to death. I have a more specific scenario though. I'm wanting to take my hardtail to the bikepark in a month or so. I currently have maxxis exo + tires, Assegai up front and minion in the rear. I believe the exo + is a single ply tire. I'm wondering what PSI i should use for the bikepark. I'm running tubeless, weigh 140ish pounds. I usually run 22 and 24 f/r for pressures at my local trails which can get pretty rooty and gnarly. I was thinking about putting a cush core in the rear but I don't want to deal with all the hassle, especially if i flat at the park. Would I be safe running maybe 3-4 pounds higher then I usually do? I see alot of posts about DH tire pressure, but usually theyre for people with dual ply tires. Any response is appreciated.
    Last edited by Michaelk7777777777; 1 Week Ago at 03:50 PM. Reason: new title

i'm schralping yer thread
    Jan 2004
    I guess it depends on what park and what kind of trails; but yeah, in general your rims will thank you for adding some pressure. The sidewalls in those exo+ are going provide a lot less support than a DD or DH casing and at the higher speeds you're probably going to be doing at the park, you'll definitely notice.

And yeah, they're kind of a PITA to install, but throwing cushcore or other insert in the rear is not only going to help prevent nuking your rim, but also will really improve the ride quality. The first time I ran them, I couldn't believe how much the cushcore smoothed out the trail chatter.

Keep on Rockin...
    Go DH casing.