Dainese Racecut vs Next- Mtbr.com
    Rain sucks
    Jan 2004

Dainese Racecut vs Next

I think I remember reading an old thread about this at some point...but the search feature on this site is broken so I can't find it.

Anyway, I want to buy a safety jacket but I have been having trouble finding the Next jacket in stock (XL)...sooooo I am thinking about possibly getting the Racecut instead.

My questions.

1. Do they fit the same? I mean, is it safe to assume that if you can fit a XL Next you can fit a XL Racecut?

2. Is the protection level the same? The Next looks like it might be a bit beefier in the shoulders and on the rear shoulder blades (and possibly the forearms), but its hard to tell from pics alone.

3. Is the Racecut as durable? I have heard some conflicting info on this...some ppl say it is a different fabric that is lighter weight and will probably not last as long. I have also heard that the Racecut is reinforced and should actually last longer.

The price is so close I don't really care about the cost difference, but I do expect this thing to last awhile so if I need to wait on the regular Next I will.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber
    I think I remember reading an old thread about this at some point...but the search feature on this site is broken so I can't find it.

Anyway, I want to buy a safety jacket but I have been having trouble finding the Next jacket in stock (XL)...sooooo I am thinking about possibly getting the Racecut instead.

My questions.

1. Do they fit the same? I mean, is it safe to assume that if you can fit a XL Next you can fit a XL Racecut?

2. Is the protection level the same? The Next looks like it might be a bit beefier in the shoulders and on the rear shoulder blades (and possibly the forearms), but its hard to tell from pics alone.

3. Is the Racecut as durable? I have heard some conflicting info on this...some ppl say it is a different fabric that is lighter weight and will probably not last as long. I have also heard that the Racecut is reinforced and should actually last longer.

The price is so close I don't really care about the cost difference, but I do expect this thing to last awhile so if I need to wait on the regular Next I will.

Thanks.
    The jackets are virtually identical other than the thin lycra over the outside of the arms and the shoulders on the Racecut. Basically this material sits on top of the Next jacket to improve durability by reducing the chances that something will catch in the open crotchet-style mesh on the Dainese jackets.

www.Go-Ride.com
    866-467-4334

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I have the Racecut, and the lycra is really weak. Already have a couple tears in it and some popped stitches. After 5 days at Whistler it looked worse than my 2-year-old Safety Jacket. Wish I would have gotten the Next. But the Racecut is super comfortable. Actually the thing to get is the Wave V, once they arrive.